PDA

View Full Version : If you have a time-machine...

Circoletto
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:00 PM
"Spin off" of the 3wishes-thread (excuse me for the plagiarism, ZeroSofInfinity :o )

If you have a time-machine what would you do?

I'd come back to 19th century and discover who was Jack the Ripper!

Maryamator
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:05 PM
"Spin off" of the 3wishes-thread (excuse me for the plagiarism, ZeroSofInfinity :o )

I'd go back to when i waz 1 year old :p and i would start playing tennis from the age of 1 then go to nick belleteiri HAHAHAHAHAH!! :p :lol: :haha:

Helen Lawson
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:07 PM
(1) I would have delayed the opening of "Smash-Up" to 1948. I could have taken Wyman's deaf/mute/rape victim.

(2) 1953 and 1954 were far and away the worse years for Best Actress. I would have delayed "With a Song in My Heart" from a 1952 release to a 1953 release and beaten Audrey Hepburn, and hurried up the production of "I'll Cry Tomorrow" for a '54 release instead of a '55 one, and beaten Grace Kelly. With (1) and (2), I'd have had 4 Oscars!!!

(3) Around 1951 or so, before my marriage totally went South to Jess, I would have drugged him and snapped him in bed in a compromising position with a couple of sailors. That divorce and custody battle would have gone so much smoother with a picture like that in my possession.

Live and learn!

bw2082
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:10 PM
1. I'd go back and give myself the powerball numbers for a big drawing
2. go back in time after I won the lottery and invest it in stocks that were about to take off.
3. save for later in case I develop some kind of health problems that might be prevented with earlier detection
;)

timray
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:11 PM
If I could sell it for a lot of money, that would be awesome.

beauty_is_pink
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:11 PM
-I would want to go back to March of this year so I can change some things. Or even go back to Prom/cottage and appreciate it more. Spend more time with my friends before we all go off to university.

-go back to when I was a kid so I can be more serious about tennis :p

Pengwin
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:12 PM
I'd go back in time and shoot Hitler :shrug:

Pamela Shriver
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:43 PM
I'd go back to the eve of the USO78 final....and I'd spike Chrissie's drink with hallucinating drugs.

Again.

~{X}~
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:58 PM
I'd probably go back to the time of either Alexander the Great, Ceaser or Augustus and see how life was then. To see those men in action(Not in a sexual way, that would be a bonus of course), see the Classical world. -Nods.- :D

tapout
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:59 PM
I would travel 45years back and go to lake Bodom.

Lord Nelson
Aug 22nd, 2005, 06:28 PM
By the way, a time machine could be invented. If I had the chance to go back in time, i would borrow some modern weapons today, go back 5'000 years in the past and use these weapons and my charisma to terrorize the populace. They will treat me like a living God, sacrifice human flesh in honor of me and ALL will bow down to me...

eh maybe not. I guess I'll just stick to using winning Lotto numbers. ;)

skanky~skanketta
Aug 22nd, 2005, 06:38 PM
i would go back to 2001 and tell my friends who died not to get on that bus.

i'd go back to march this year and tell ray not to get on the motorcycle.

i'd go back to a coupla days ago and told amal not to go to work that day.

i'd go back to 19th aug 2002 and buy the sequined tube instead of the goddamn pink knee length skirt.

i would have taken economics instead of chemistry for my IB's.

Barrie_Dude
Aug 22nd, 2005, 06:41 PM
So I can go back to the last time I saw Ash so that I can pick her up, take her home and love her!

Helen Lawson
Aug 22nd, 2005, 06:54 PM
My friend Lina McLaidlaw just came over and told me that she would go back in time and trust Johnnie from the beginning, unless Hitch stuck with the original ending, in which case she'd dump Johnnie on the first date.

Wigglytuff
Aug 22nd, 2005, 07:08 PM

kill the queen and take her place :devil:

CondiLicious
Aug 22nd, 2005, 07:13 PM
I'd go back to Victorian London just to see if it was as smelly, dangerous and scary as books and movies say it was.

And I'd go back to when Jesus was supposed to have been around...

And I'd go back to when I was around 15 and stay there and redo the past few years.

Helen Lawson
Aug 22nd, 2005, 07:18 PM
My friend Diana Scott just called me and told me if she had a time machine, she never would have had that abortion or married that Italian prince. All he does is cheat on her!

skanky~skanketta
Aug 22nd, 2005, 07:55 PM
i'd go back to the 5th grade and change that year.

i'd also go back to my rebellious teens and just not be such a total rude brat. :o

i'd go back to 2002 and not have that one night stand.

i'd go back to august 16 2003 and hide my cigarettes in somplace else so my mom wouldn't find it.:tape:

Helen Lawson
Aug 22nd, 2005, 08:01 PM
I just bumped into Edna Spalding downstairs. She told me that she would go back in time and never let her husband leave supper that afternoon to go get the drunk boy off the railroad tracks. And even if she had, in retrospect, she would have moved from Texas before the Tornado came. And, between you and me, she said that Mr. Will had body odor and hit on her, that she would go back in time and take another boarder.

Shonami Slam
Aug 22nd, 2005, 08:04 PM
I'll go back to the 31st of march 2003 and kill myself.

GantchaWowwa
Aug 22nd, 2005, 08:27 PM
I'd go back in Louisiana 1927 and say to all those obtuse citizens that hasn't been the poor sweet Charlotte to kill her lover whit an axe :fiery:

Helen Lawson
Aug 22nd, 2005, 08:29 PM
I just got back from lunch at Mildred Pierce's. She said that if she had a time machine, that she go back and never have left her first husband, she never would have spoiled Veda or even let her back in the house after she became the club singer in the fruit outfit, and that she never would have gone out of town with another man when little Kay was sick.

Helen Lawson
Aug 22nd, 2005, 08:42 PM
I'd go back in Louisiana 1927 and say to all those obtuse citizens that hasn't been the poor sweet Charlotte to kill her lover whit an axe :fiery:

That's really strange, because just like 10 minutes ago, I was at the bank and "Baby" Jane Hudson was there cashing a check made out to Blanche (Jane had forged the endorsement). So I asked Jane what she would do if she had a time machine, and she told me that she would go back and take like tap and singing lessons for adults so that she could have moved on with her career when her "Baby Jane" days were over. She also said that she would have laid off the booze more so that Blanche wouldn't have hated her enough to try to run her over and make herself an invalid and that they could have been friends all these years after all. Then, Jane tells me that if she could have done that, she wouldn't be the ridiculous mess she is today. But then, true to form, she goes nuts on me right there in the lobby of the bank and starts screaming, "But I am the ridiculous mess I am today, aren't I Helen? I am the ridiculous mess I am today!" I high-tailed it out of there!! I predict Blanche is in for a savage beating tonight, and all it was was a simple question about a time machine!

Helen Lawson
Aug 22nd, 2005, 09:48 PM
You're not going to believe this, but I was just down at the department store buying some perfume (NOT White Diamonds, did I say it was Target? No, a department store!). Anyway, who do I run into? Miss Katherine Foyle herself. So, as per this thread, I asked her about what she'd do with a time machine. She starts crying and telling me that Doc Eisen, the sop she ended up with, turned out to be a bisexual drug addict who beat her and was into painful S&M and other sex games. He asked her to do a threesome, but unlike the Fonda/Vadim ones, Kitty would be the only woman. So, she moved out and is once again a struggling shop girl dreaming of true love. So, she said she would go back in time and run off with Wyn, even though he was married and they could never be together because Wyn was rich and was only into normal sex positions and stuff that didn't offend her.

GBFH
Aug 22nd, 2005, 09:55 PM
i'd go back to may of 1993 and tell myself to listen to my inner voice.

then i'd jump forward to summer of 1994 and tell my aunt to not take those pills.

but most of all...i'd go back to late may 2001 and break my hands so that i couldn't write that e-mail. now i *know* that would have changed everything.

but then again.......if i changed even one of those things...i wouldn't be me anymore...is that good or bad?

tennislover
Aug 22nd, 2005, 10:03 PM
I'd go back to the eve of the USO78 final....and I'd spike Chrissie's drink with hallucinating drugs.

Again.

:eek: :haha:

SelesFan70
Aug 22nd, 2005, 11:01 PM
I would go back and tell Neanderthal man not to bother evolving since modern man isn't much different. :smash:

I would tell Noah he forgot all the animals in the Western Hemisphere... :rolleyes:

I would go back and blow myself up...right beside Mohammed. :angel:

I would go back and have sex with that much older man when I was 12. :devil:

Scotso
Aug 23rd, 2005, 12:14 AM
I'd go forward in time a few weeks, make note of all the lottery numbers, and then come back.

HAIL-VENUS
Aug 23rd, 2005, 12:36 AM
Hehe^^^or rob some banks :devil: Seriously, I'd go back to 1987 and join my junior high school basketball team. My life would probably be so different right now. I'd even made the team too, but my crazy mother discouraged me and refused to pay for my basketball shoes. So, I was like "fuck it". And I just gave up. I hate just giving up. If I'd tried harder, I could have gotten some outside funding for my b-ball shoes :sad: Anyway, I believe I would have made it to the WNBA :bounce:

Circoletto
Aug 23rd, 2005, 06:45 AM
I forgot:
I'd go back in Rugby 1822 and stole the ball to William Webb Ellis and run on goal with that on the hands, and pretend that new game be named with my name. So now England would will the champion of the world of "circoletto" and I would be very very proud of myself :angel:

JLDementieva
Aug 23rd, 2005, 06:57 AM
I want to go back to my trip in Europe this summer and change some of things that I did, and also some things that I DIDN'T do!
like kiss some people that I should have! and then not kiss some people that I shouldn't have! :p

BigB08822
Aug 23rd, 2005, 08:10 AM
I like the idea of going back and getting the correct lotto numbers. I would also go back and catch my cheating boyfriend in the act and fuck his world up real good!

Rohin.
Aug 23rd, 2005, 08:33 AM
go back to high school and do some things i should have done way before i did..

~ The Leopard ~
Aug 23rd, 2005, 12:53 PM
It doesn't make logical sense to change the past unless you create a new timeline or something, and what's the use of that?

I'd definitely use the time machine to go forward a few decades and see how things turn out. If I do some calculations.... hmmm, I could invest my money in such a way that it grows much faster than I can spend it if I just live a day or two for every week or two that I go forward. *calculate calculate* I think I'd have to take a lot of little jumps to create the illusion that I'm still around. *calculate* This is kind of fun. But I do think that I'll need someone nice to take the trip with me. Preferably someone with a good background in finance and stuff like that.

pinkfrog
Aug 23rd, 2005, 12:54 PM
I'd go back to when i waz 1 year old :p and i would start playing tennis from the age of 1 then go to nick belleteiri HAHAHAHAHAH!! :p :lol: :haha:

me too!!! :lol:

@m@nd@
Aug 23rd, 2005, 01:04 PM
me too!!!
hahaha except maybe i'll go when im 3 :p

OUT!
Aug 27th, 2005, 11:13 PM
I'd go back to January 1989, start afresh and treat myself and others in a kinder way. I would also make a small fortune of course.

Avid Merrion
Aug 27th, 2005, 11:32 PM
i'd go forward a few hundred years just to see what it's like. i'm curious like that :lol:

le bon vivant
Aug 27th, 2005, 11:38 PM
go back to 197? and buy as many shares of Microsoft as possible.

SpikeyAidanm
Aug 28th, 2005, 04:16 AM
I'd go to 2512.

Circoletto
Aug 28th, 2005, 04:52 AM
I'd go back just one second provoking a paradox espace-temporal and splitting myself in two. Then I'll send my stupid double at work and at university and I'll remain all the day chatting on wtaworld.

Sam L
Aug 28th, 2005, 05:17 AM
I'll go back to the time when the first life forms appeared on Earth. Just to prove it wasn't created by God. :) And because I'm curious how it all got started.

ceiling_fan
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:54 AM
go back to 197? and buy as many shares of Microsoft as possible.
lol same...

and i'd also do the shoot hitler thing!

i'd also pick up tennis a lot earlier and start being serious about it a lot earlier than i did .... argh regret of my life

ceiling_fan
Aug 28th, 2005, 09:55 AM
oh yeah, and i'd go back to the jesus times and find out if he was real

SpikeyAidanm
Aug 28th, 2005, 11:44 AM
I'd also go back and take up acting when younger cos I'm realling regreting it now, cos I reckon I could make an impact, oh well. lol.