PDA

View Full Version : Mary Will Be Seeded #12 For US OPEN

pierce0415
Aug 22nd, 2005, 12:49 AM
Mary Fans :wavey:

There was alot of movement in the rankings during Toronto. But after it is all over, Mary is rank #12 so she will be this seed for US OPEN. In the round of 16, she will be drawn against:

5. Kuznetsova
6. Dementieva
7. Henin-Hardenne
8. S Williams

The only one I am afraid of is Justine. Mary can easily defeat Sveta, Elena D and Serena (who is injured - unless she has miracle recovery, she probably won't get to R16). It is great that Kim moved up to #4 and now is not a potential R16 opponent for Mary.

Here's to a good draw for our Mary, the 2005 US OPEN Champ :lick:

Scotso
Aug 22nd, 2005, 03:53 AM
I'm not afraid of any of them :fiery:

Allez Mary! :D

Lu_Weird
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:02 AM
Hey...not too bad I think..just Justin is dangerouse,but not too dangerouse...and others Mary could win them. Cool....I am glad and expected...:D

Andy.
Aug 22nd, 2005, 07:03 AM
Mary will have a chance against anyone she plays she should be confident and ready to go and ease her way into the tournament

dania
Aug 22nd, 2005, 11:41 AM
I think it will be hard to beat Justin and she might have problems with Serena but Kuzie and Elena don`t pose a threat.Mary has the capacity to defeat all four of them so I`m optimistic.

ClaudiaZ-S
Aug 22nd, 2005, 01:47 PM
n°12 as FO 1994 :banana:

sebbe
Aug 22nd, 2005, 04:46 PM
One match at a time, she has to get to round 16 first.

saby
Aug 22nd, 2005, 05:37 PM
First of all ....injury free !!! then after, Mary will take care of everything :angel:

guycan
Aug 22nd, 2005, 11:50 PM
I agree with Saby. Make sure she has no injuries and the rest Mary can handle. I think if she had to play Justine, she'll psychologically be ready to play her for revenge from the Roland Garros final. She's got the game, the confidence, and the power right now to beat all of them. Allez Mary for the 2005 U.S. Open!!!!

MPStylee
Aug 22nd, 2005, 11:51 PM
Bring it oN! Allez, Allez, Allez!!!!

Mark Spruce
Aug 23rd, 2005, 12:12 AM
Fierce Pierce will shine

mark

ejeje ONE MATCH AT A TIME

middy
Aug 23rd, 2005, 07:35 AM
Any news on how Mary is doing?

Allez Mary :bounce: :bounce:

DomenicDemaria
Aug 23rd, 2005, 10:34 AM
Hopefully Mary's thigh has healed and hopefully she can do well. I feel this is her last chance for a another slam!

vanillalatte
Aug 23rd, 2005, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=DomenicDemaria I feel this is her last chance for a another slam!
[/QUOTE]

so sad.. soooo sad. but true :sad: :sad: :sad:

Lu_Weird
Aug 24th, 2005, 04:47 AM
Hey...please be optimistic...It won't be the last Slam for Mary...She hasn't yet!!! I still belive her!!

sebbe
Aug 24th, 2005, 11:38 AM
I feel like this, if Mary really want this slam this is probably the best chance she will get in the flushing. Alot of players has been injuried or are injuried, and hasn't played a match for a long time and Mary showed earlier this month that she still can produce some pretty awsome tennis. So I think with a good draw and some confidence Mary can do alot of damage, she is a threat to all players now. I just hope Mary has fully recovered from her injury and has kept the confidence in her. I really think she has a great spot for the title. Alot of players do have that chance this year.

saby
Aug 24th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Hey...please be optimistic...It won't be the last Slam for Mary...She hasn't yet!!! I still belive her!!

Thank you....

saby
Aug 24th, 2005, 12:11 PM
You know what I just looked at your day of birth and it's seems that only "young" Mary's fans are doubting about her it's really funny...

When the storm was rising up, through the wind and the rain, with one knee down, she bent but never broke, this is Mary Pierce, don't doubt, beleive in her, she will face it like she always did. 1996-1997 / 2000 - 2002 / 2005...;) lol

Mark Spruce
Aug 24th, 2005, 12:50 PM
I still belive in Mary so much.

Look what she has done this year. Slam final at RG did really well on Grass and won the Acura.

I still belive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

atoutix
Aug 24th, 2005, 02:10 PM
I still belive in Mary so much.

Look what she has done this year. Slam final at RG did really well on Grass and won the Acura.

I still belive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

yes we 've got to believe ;)
for me the most important thing is the pleasure when i see her in a court :D

Andy.
Aug 24th, 2005, 03:43 PM
She is the Mary of old maybe even better she can do great things on the court and beat anyone when she is on.

cakiteror
Aug 24th, 2005, 04:52 PM
come on guys,mary is playing great tennis,i believe that every slam is nowadays winnerable for mary!

vanillalatte
Aug 24th, 2005, 04:59 PM
of course i believe in mary.
and of course i think, she can get into some semi finals (etc.) at slams.
but please be realistic.
(or maybe it's just me, who's the only one who thinks, that this year's us open can be the last chance to get a gs title.. i mean, i have to say that i'm never really optimistic.
i guess i'm a pessimist.
so mary has a chance to win some more slams.. omg i'm so weird :lol: )

Declan
Aug 24th, 2005, 06:54 PM
I'm usually optimistic about Mary and really, she's never in her entire career had three successive tournaments as successful as her last three -Finalist at Roland Garros, Quarter-Finalist at Wimbledon and Champion of Tier 1 San Diego, (plus the kudos of a Wimbledon title in Mixed Doubles!)..If Mary remains in good health I belive we can be really optimistic, not just for the rest of this season, but for the next one too.

Mark Spruce
Aug 24th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Hi,

SO glad that you do agree

Mark
yes we 've got to believe ;)
for me the most important thing is the pleasure when i see her in a court :D

new-york
Aug 25th, 2005, 02:44 AM
i really want her to do big things, i've still the image of RG in my head, so frustrating. but whatever, she got the abilities, the energy is back, please, let the mental come and it will slide.

Renek
Aug 25th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Come on Mary!!!!! you can do it!!!!:worship: :)

isaboulou
Aug 26th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Hello,
There is a big article and a photo today in a french newspaper "L'equipe", i will read it and i will post it just after (but it will be in french) i'm sorry lol

flea
Aug 26th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Hello,
There is a big article and a photo today in a french newspaper "L'equipe", i will read it and i will post it just after (but it will be in french) i'm sorry lolMERCI isaboulou !! :)

NicoMary
Aug 26th, 2005, 01:15 PM
I read it...great article..MARY is in great SHAPE.:) :worship: ..lot of training session with Nick Bollittieri her father and her brother....:eek: :bounce: MARY so classy as

usual:hearts: :worship:

cakiteror
Aug 26th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks!!!
I Hope Well Find Somebody For The Translation In English!!!
Right,saby?;)

flea
Aug 26th, 2005, 01:38 PM
I read it...great article..MARY is in great SHAPE.:) :worship: ..lot of training session with Nick Bollittieri her father and her brother....:eek: :bounce:
Yeah, the "Pierce Academy" !!!! :lol: :lol:

isaboulou
Aug 26th, 2005, 01:57 PM
PIERCE ACADEMY
Sous le soleil Floridien du camp Bolletierri, la française a préparé l'US Open, couvée par son clan.
Revenue au trés haut niveau depuis le printemps dernier, Mary PIERCE, trentenaire et 12è mondiale, ne ménage pas sa peine pour y rester
Avant Flushing Meadows, elle a travaillé dur et longtemps sous les yeux de son frère David, de son père Jim et de son mentor Nick Bolletierri

Mary eructe, cavale, bondit, sert et retourne dans l'implacable moiteur de Floride. Mary a tellement chaud qu'elle passe ses courtes pauses à se frictionner le corps avec des sachets remplis de glaçons. A trente ans, regrette-elle la réactivation à mi-temps, depuis Mars, de son camp de base dans la Floride de son enfance ? A ses côtés, ses hommes supervisent le martyre sur le court n°1 qui grille sous le soleil.
Surgi du camp bien agencé où des bâtisses blanches d'un style colonial protégent une enfilade de terrains, voilà qu'arrive Nick, le maitre des lieux. Nick Bollettieri, gourou fripé à l'oeil vivace, vient de détecter une faille technique à la volée "plus sec, le mouvement Mary" Nick scrute le nouveau geste qui, comme par enchantement, fludifie soudainement l'action. Puis il actionne son téléphone portable dégainé de la poche de son short. Il file sur le court d'a côté ou il a décelé un revers défaillant chez une apprentie championne, papote en bon VRP, avec quelques cinquantenaires costumés au bord du court, rappelle les b.a-ba du killer instinct au jeune japonais Kei Nishokori, le sparring partner de PIERCE. Et reviens vers Mary "tu as vu, Jim, le coup est bien meilleur quand elle a cette prise" lance t-il au plus assidu des spectateurs. Jim se garde bien de répondre à Nick. Rien ne le hérisse plus que de voir quelqu'un abreuver sa fille de conseils. "Blablabla, blablabla, a quoi ça sert tout ça", fait semblant de fulminer le flingant septuagénaire au sourire malicieux. "Mary, il faut qu'elle frappe, qu'elle frappe et qu'elle frappe. C'est une reflex-girl, il lui faut seulement ses 6 heures d'entrainement !"

sacré gaillard, Jim PIERCE pince les lèvres avec ses doigts en rigolant pour juguler un franc parler qu'il sait ravageur. Sa fille pourrait s'en offusquer, mais comment contrôler son amour immodéré pour le style dévastateur qu'il lui a tout de même inoculé ? Sur le terrain, voilà que sa "honey" (chérie) réfrène furtivement son ardeur sur quelques frappes liftées et coupées. L'impayable Jim, qui repêche toutes les balles sorties du court, rompt aussitôt la trêve forcée du silence. "A plat, a plat, les frappes ! ça ne sert a rien de frapper comme ça. Pourquoi faites-vous ça !", interpelle t-il, goguenard, son filsDavid le coach en activité. "Papa, rigole ce dernier, c'est comme en boxe. On ne peut pas toujours se contenter du direct. Il y a le jab, le crochet, les esquives de défense..." David, troisième homme de la bande, est le plus discret. S'il n'a ni la roublardise bolletierienne ni les fougueuses réparties paternelles, il cultive un humour à froid et un réalisme qui campent son rôle de jeune coach principal détaché des contingences. "Avant de venir travailler avec Mary, j'étais masseur ici à Bradenton, dit-il, j'étais resté pendant 4 ans sans touché une raquette. Et au début de notre collaboration, j'étais quand même un peu perdu. Même si Nick ne m'a pas apporté autant que je croyais, sa manière de parler à mary, de lui dire certaines choses, m'a certainement aidé. Il a l'oeil et l'experience, c'est sûr."
Entourée de son cadet, de son mentor intermittent et du papa-poule, Mary a retrouvé les ingrédients d'une sérénité jadis évaporée. Son père apaisé n'est plus celui qui parasitait son environnement par des coups de gueule intempestifs. La confiance fraternelle et les fulgurances techniques de Bolletierri complètent les qualités d'une garde rapprochée trés protectrice "J'étais revenue ici en mars dernier, et nick en me voyant m'avait lancé "Qu'est ce que tu frappes bien[/I[I]], quand tu reviendra d'Indian Wells je vais t'aider," Depuis, à chaque fois que je suis là, il vient une heure par jour avec nous, raconte Mary PIERCE. Il me dit des petits trucs. Je ne lui ai jamais demandé pourquoi il faisait ça. Mais je le sens interessé. Il est souvent avec moi. Quand à mon père, il vient tous les jours ! il adore ça... C'est quand même lui qui m'a formée, de 10 à 18 ans. Ca lui fait plaisir de partager, on rigole."
Parfois, comme dans le passé, mais à une fréquence moindre ("je faisais des series de 700"), Jim entre dans le court pour enchaîner quelques services frappés à mi-terrain et tester sa fille au retour. Puis Mary retrouve, à une petite centaine de mètres de là, sa mère (divorcée de son père) chargée d'appliquer les consignes du détiéticien. Les deux femmes, voisines dans le complexe Bolletierri, ont chacune leur pavillon appelé "villa". Pour avoir supervisé une saison le destin floridien d'une jeune Kazakh, Yannick Pierce baigne, elle aussi dans l'atmosphère de l'academy. C'est même elle l'a plus avertie des derniers résultats des pensionnaires au tournoi national de Kalamazoo ou des nouvelles fraiches d'un voisinage où les Lendl, entre autres, partagent avec eux la tranquillité fonctionnelle.
"C'est bien que Mary soit revenue ici, dans cette atmophère, affirme Cesar Castaneda, l'un des nombreux coachs à pousser son chariot de balles dans les allées. Tout le monde est aux petits soins pour elle, et l'environnement trés professionnel lui donne de l'énergie. Elle peut sentir l'adrénaline" poursuit-il en embrassant d'un geste l'enfilade des terrains où évoluaient, encore hier, Vaidisova, Dent ou Myrnyi. Mais sans conteste, la palme de l'entraînement le plus survolté à cette franco-floridienne trés affutée, au programme immuablement ravageur et au crédo trés chrétien. Une heure en salle de fitness pompeusement rebaptisée "International Performance Institute", deux heures de gamme le matin, deux heures l'aprés-midi; cinq heures à se consumer pour ciseler ce potentel hérité du tout-puissant qui l'irradie. "Je vis simplement et sans faire de bruit. Tous les jours, je travaille pour être meilleure. Dieu m'a donné un un talent et ce serait un gâchis que de ne pas l'exploiter". Mais elle le fait avec tellement de dévotion et de ferveur qu'elle suscite une admiration chez les autres pensionnaires.
"Hey, c'est trop pour moi", s'exclame Taylor DENT en jetant un regard apeuré sur ce court n°1 traversé de part en part par l'inoxydable Mary. A la fin d'une séance, le coach japonais du jeune sparring-partner l'aborde avec respect "Mary, ce que tu fais, c'est trés fort. Sous cette température,et cette humidité, beaucoup commencent à faiblir au bout d'une heure trente. Toi tu tiens les deux heures a fond. Et tu le fais deux fois par jour. Chapeau. C'est ce que je viens de dire à Kei (son protégé). Voilà le haut niveau." Mary sourit " Le conditionnement mental est trés important !"
Poussées à la limite par d'ardents pensionnaires nippon, canadien ou dominicain, mais attentionnée avec tous, Pierce s'est ainsi formatée pour l'US Open dans son cocon. Aprés une lecture matinale de la Bible et des prières réitérées à chaque repas, elle a partagé ses rares moments de détente avec ses copines rencontrées à l'église, osant quelques glaces enrichies et poussant parfois jusqu'à Lido beach. Son seul péché, ces derniers temps, fut sans doute au fond d'avoir exagéré les cadences à l'entraînement au début du mois d'août. "Mais je me sentais si bien que j'avais poussé un peu fort avant le tournoi de los Angeles. Aprés deux heures et demie de travail pendant les services, j'ai ressenti une gêne à la cuisse". Desormais la douleur s'est estompée. Aprés les forfaits aux tournois de L.A. et Toronto elle s'est refaçonné un moral et un physique. "Je reste sur un succés au tournoi de San Diego, je frappe bien dans la balle, je suis fraiche mentalement et je ne crois plus qu'aux choses simples pour mon jeu. Etre agressive, quelle que soit l'adversaire. On a parfois trop tendance à penser à la tactique. A Roland-Garros et à Wimbledon, je n'ai perdu que contre celle qui ont gagné (Hénin et Vénus Williams), on verra bien à New York...
Avec les gènes de Jim et le conditionnement de Nick, elle ne semble plus craindre grand-chose. Et si elle n'en dit pas trop, suggérant seulement un formidable appétit, ses protecteurs parlent pour elle. "Fan-tas-tic, chantonne Bolletierri. Le parcours de Mary montre que la fin de l'histoire n'est jamais écrite dès lors que l'on se donne toutes les chances. Avec tout ce fun qu'elle a sur le court, elle peut encore tenir 2, 3, 4, 5 ans ! Et là en ce moment elle est définitivement dangereuse" "Yes, she is dangerous" répète Nick.

isaboulou
Aug 26th, 2005, 02:00 PM
C'était un peu long mais j'ai fini par y arriver lol. Par contre il faut un courageux pour le traduire lol

NicoMary
Aug 26th, 2005, 03:09 PM
The article deal mostly with the atmosphere of the training session of Mary...there is a lot of quote from Nick and Mary's dad about Mary's technic, about the way she has to do..etc... Nick Bollitieri comes 1hour by day to see mary and give her some advice....david and Mary's dad are with Mary all the day pushing her and helping her to improve her shape and her tennis

It explain how much and how hard Mary is practicing, it explain that lots of player in the Nick Bollitieri camp are Impress by Mary's effort...:eek: :worship: (taylor dent, junior player, Mary's sparring partner...)..Mary is doing 4 hours of tennis by day, the weather is really hot and Mary has no problem doing her two two hours tennis session when some other player stop after 1 hour and an half of tennis...:rolleyes: :hearts: :bounce:

Mary seems to be really really focus from what the journalist is reporting...so serious, so brave...well it's MARY:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Andy.
Aug 26th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the translation

saby
Aug 26th, 2005, 04:00 PM
You forgot to say what Nick said about Mary....

"she is
very :devil:dangerous:devil:"

sorry guys I don't have time to translate this time, my sister is in hopital i'm spending almost all the day with her

cakiteror
Aug 26th, 2005, 05:07 PM
saby so,sorry to hear that!
i hope your sister will be ok!!!!

cakiteror
Aug 26th, 2005, 05:08 PM
thans nikomary

cakiteror
Aug 26th, 2005, 05:18 PM
thanks isaboulou

mat34
Aug 26th, 2005, 05:27 PM
If only Mary had been seeded 11, instead of Patty Schnyder, she could have easily made her way up to 1/4 Final against Lindsay Davenport, after defeating Dementieva :bounce: , and then possibly up to the semis, as I think she can defeat Lindsay :bounce: . Right now, I'm very concerned about her meeting Justine Hénin in 1/8 Final... I think this is definitely not the best Draws for Mary... :sad:

But we'll see. Either she just overcomes Justine's shots and gets through :lol: , which seems to be somewhat TOUGH, or Luck meddles in, having Justine losing against someone else in the first rounds... :eek:

Anyway, I think Mary will keep it up till the end of the year, making her way to the master's :bounce:

Mary IS a goddess

Mark Spruce
Aug 26th, 2005, 10:50 PM
I love the word Goddess

And jejej my favourite saying now

ONE MATCH AT A TIME

Mark

Lu_Weird
Aug 27th, 2005, 04:33 AM
One match by one match. Thank you NicoMary, I really impressed Mary train so hard for that. She deserve the US OPEN...no ohters, but Mary. Good Lucky for Mary and Saby's sister!

cakiteror
Aug 27th, 2005, 05:49 AM
is it possible that someone could translate the whole text?
THANKS

NicoMary
Aug 27th, 2005, 11:55 AM
I really think that you are all expecting to much from Mary for this year USO...
She will have other chances in GS
Mary said at the begginning of the year that her goal would be the Australian Open 2006...:)

She is coming back from an injury and there is a lot of top player who are playing great tennis

I know that if Mary as no injury and is playing well she can reach the final or even win the title..:worship:

Hénin is not such a big deal:rolleyes: ...I mean She had really big trouble against vaidisova and Mary is a way better player than this young girl..if hénin is a problem, Mauresmo is a problem, Davenport is a problem, Kim and Vénus also are...MAry will have to beat those girls....and i do think that it's better to play Hénin in the fourth round than in the semi or the final....:rolleyes:

WE will see, but we all know that the BEST MARY can challenge everyone:hearts:

Mark Spruce
Aug 27th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Hello Nico,

I am not expecting anything.

I am taking it one match at a time.

Mary will trouble anyone she plays

GO MARY

Mark