PDA

View Full Version : dearest mariah fans ...

ceiling_fan
Aug 20th, 2005, 08:58 AM
which singles do you think Mariah SHOULD have released...
instead of It's like that, We belong together, Shake it off, Say somethin'
or do you think it's perfect?

skanky~skanketta
Aug 20th, 2005, 09:03 AM
well, i like one and only but i dont think it wiould have been a big hit. i like circles and fly like a bird but not big hit type of songs either.

BigB08822
Aug 20th, 2005, 10:05 AM
We Belong Together and Shake It Off have been great. However, It's Like That was a radio flop and kind of keeps her from having the record of the year, IMO. I think that goes to Kelly Clarkson who has released nothing but #1's and is continuing to do so.

rightous
Aug 20th, 2005, 02:55 PM
I love one and only and circles

wateva
Aug 20th, 2005, 03:48 PM
stay the night and get your number should be singles!!! say something shouldn't be considered!!!

!<blocparty>!
Aug 20th, 2005, 04:00 PM
We Belong Together and Shake It Off have been great. However, It's Like That was a radio flop and kind of keeps her from having the record of the year, IMO. I think that goes to Kelly Clarkson who has released nothing but #1's and is continuing to do so.

What? It's like that was a radio smash hit. It wasn't released as a proper single in the US.

WBT has become one of the biggest Billboard records ever. Summer anthem of 2005 :cool:

Shake It Off is kinda filler material, but is looking strong to overtake WBT for another Number 1. Say Something is gonna blow, too :yeah:

What number ones has Kelly had? :confused: Are you talking Pop 100 or TRL?

!<blocparty>!
Aug 20th, 2005, 04:01 PM
stay the night and get your number should be singles!!! say something shouldn't be considered!!!

I prefere Stay The Night to Say Something, but, Say Something would be more of a hit for Mariah...with Snoop featured in it, too.

K-Dog
Aug 20th, 2005, 04:25 PM
What? It's like that was a radio smash hit. It wasn't released as a proper single in the US.

WBT has become one of the biggest Billboard records ever. Summer anthem of 2005 :cool:

Shake It Off is kinda filler material, but is looking strong to overtake WBT for another Number 1. Say Something is gonna blow, too :yeah:

What number ones has Kelly had? :confused: Are you talking Pop 100 or TRL?

Since You've Been Gone and Behind These Hazel Eyes were both no.1 singles.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 20th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Since You've Been Gone and Behind These Hazel Eyes were both no.1 singles.

28 27 37 Since U Been Gone, Kelly Clarkson 3
RCA | | RMG 2

7 7 19 Behind These Hazel Eyes, Kelly Clarkson
RCA | RMG 6

Not on the Hot 100.

K-Dog
Aug 20th, 2005, 04:33 PM
28 27 37 Since U Been Gone, Kelly Clarkson 3
RCA | | RMG 2

7 7 19 Behind These Hazel Eyes, Kelly Clarkson
RCA | RMG 6

Not on the Hot 100.

Are you looking at Euro charts or US charts. On the radio, Ryan Secrest does the top 40 singles in the US for us and both songs have been no.1.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 20th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Are you looking at Euro charts or US charts. On the radio, Ryan Secrest does the top 40 singles in the US for us and both songs have been no.1.

Aren't the US charts measured by the, Billboard Hot 100? Cos thats what I'm looking at.

tennisIlove09
Aug 20th, 2005, 04:36 PM
I really love the entire album from Mariah. I do like "Stay The Night" & "One and Only"...but really anything would be awesome. I just sense Mariah will be one happy girl come Grammy night 2006

jenny161185
Aug 20th, 2005, 04:52 PM
I have to admit I cant get its like that , out of my head for some reason , I like the video too , we belong together have only heard shake it off once so cant really tell

CanIGetAWhat
Aug 20th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Aren't the US charts measured by the, Billboard Hot 100? Cos thats what I'm looking at.There are many different charts, but yes, the Billboard charts are the ones that matters. Kelly hasn't topped the important Hot 100 with "Breakaway", "Since U Been Gone", or "Behind These Hazel Eyes". "We Belong Together" (will win Mariah many honors come Billboard's annual end of the year awards) is a monster hit, No. 1 on many charts, and "Shake it Off" is gaining momentum. It's already No. 6 on the Hot 100 and a strong contender for No. 1.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 20th, 2005, 10:55 PM
There are many different charts, but yes, the Billboard charts are the ones that matters. Kelly hasn't topped the important Hot 100 with "Breakaway", "Since U Been Gone", or "Behind These Hazel Eyes". "We Belong Together" (will win Mariah many honors come Billboard's annual end of the year awards) is a monster hit, No. 1 on many charts, and "Shake it Off" is gaining momentum. It's already No. 6 on the Hot 100 and a strong contender for No. 1.

Yeah, thats what I thought. :)

VeeReeDavJCap81
Aug 20th, 2005, 11:44 PM
"Stay the Night" is probably too urban to be a big hit. "Say Something" is the best choice for the next single. "Shake it off" is already tearing up the charts at #6. Anyone know how long "We Belong Together" has been at #1, seems like it's been there forever.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 20th, 2005, 11:48 PM
"Stay the Night" is probably too urban to be a big hit. "Say Something" is the best choice for the next single. "Shake it off" is already tearing up the charts at #6. Anyone know how long "We Belong Together" has been at #1, seems like it's been there forever.

12, and counting baby!:cool:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Aug 20th, 2005, 11:50 PM
Aren't the US charts measured by the, Billboard Hot 100? Cos thats what I'm looking at.

The Billboard Hot 100 is a determined by the amount of airplay on all formats, (Urban, Urban AC, AC, Rock, Rhythmic, Top 40, etc) and single sales, which now include internet sales. Whereas when Mariah was dominating the charts in the early-mid 90's the Hot 100 was heavily based on single sales, with airplay having a much smaller impact on chart position.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Aug 20th, 2005, 11:52 PM
12, and counting baby!:cool:

Wow, that's her 2nd biggest single in terms of weeks at #1 behind "One Sweet Day". Amazing at this point in her career.

Cariaoke
Aug 20th, 2005, 11:57 PM
I think "Circles" or "Stay the Night" would have been a good single to release. I don't agree that "Stay the Night" is too urban... in "Shake It Off" she's almost rappin'. Can't get more urban than that.

!<blocparty>!
Aug 21st, 2005, 12:09 AM
Wow, that's her 2nd biggest single in terms of weeks at #1 behind "One Sweet Day". Amazing at this point in her career.

I know, its so awesome (:o) I remember telling Dan last year that I wished Mariah would make another hit record and have everyone love her again. I never thought it would happen.

Whats more amazing is that Shake It Off it tearing up Billboard, when there are loads of other better songs on the album. Maz is back :aparty:

ceiling_fan
Aug 21st, 2005, 01:07 AM
ok so personally i thought that it's like that wasn't great... but my sis said that 'it's like that' got people used to mariah... (if that makes sense) and wanted to hear more of her (we belong together), and that's why WBT was such a hit

but here's my pick (not in order):

We Belong Together
Shake it off
Get your number (love this song)
To the floor / Say somethin' (i don't know, they would both be popular cuz it features a rap artist)

!<blocparty>!
Aug 21st, 2005, 01:22 AM
To The Floor is complete shite :p It would bomb faster than Rebirth.

wateva
Aug 21st, 2005, 01:44 AM
To The Floor is complete shite :p It would bomb faster than Rebirth.

:lol: i agree! it's the only song i'll skip in the whole album!

Cariaoke
Aug 21st, 2005, 01:47 AM
To the Floor is pretty bad... :o

rightous
Aug 21st, 2005, 03:34 AM
Nelly shud be shot, i love only and only, and where is my one and only??

Justin
Aug 21st, 2005, 05:57 AM
but my sis said that 'it's like that' got people used to mariah... (if that makes sense) and wanted to hear more of her (we belong together), and that's why WBT was such a hit

That's my theory, too.

And "To The Floor" is crap. It's the only song to get the skip button.

There are a bunch of great songs on the album but the only songs that are truly single worthy are Say Somethin, Get Your Number, One And Only and maybe Circles.

I wish she had another power ballad to release. Circles is very good, but she can do better in that department.

ceiling_fan
Aug 21st, 2005, 06:21 AM
yeah a ballad would be pretty good

circles ? i wish u knew? joyride?

Rub
Aug 21st, 2005, 07:16 AM
i kinda don't wnjoy shake it off... shouldve released a better song

skanky~skanketta
Aug 21st, 2005, 10:21 AM
how long was one sweet day at #1?

and what the record for longest #1 on billboard?

rightous
Aug 21st, 2005, 10:46 AM
Veronica I think it was number 1 for 16 weeks, I think that the longest

New
Aug 21st, 2005, 05:14 PM
I think circles would be good to release next!!!:bounce:

I'm still upset that WBT should have been 13 weeks at #1 if it wasn't for Carrie!!!:fiery:

njnetswill
Aug 23rd, 2005, 08:40 PM
Fly Like A Bird...though it prob. won't be "hip" enough to get airplay.

PaulieM
Aug 23rd, 2005, 09:21 PM
i liked that she released we belong together and shake it off, but i prefer one and only to it's like that i also like Girl