PDA

View Full Version : Bad week for Serbian tennis

©@®eLess
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Ana injured
Jelena lost!

Ana Jovanovic and Vanja Corovic lost in 3rd in Universiade Games, and in 1st round in doubles

Vojislava Lukic injured too, retired in 2nd round in Belgium 26 64 44

Ana Timotic lost in in 1st round of 25k in Poland
Tina Schiechtl AUT def Ana Timotic SCG 64 36 75

Dexter
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Indeed... Horrible week :rolleyes:
Let's hope Ana will rock on USO ;):D
Jelena has smaller chances as she plays in almost every week... :smash: It's almost like an injury :retard:

tatianaishott22
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:36 PM
If Ana Gets Healthy and Jankovic gets in Shape then Its gonna be a Serbian Final at the US OPEN ...

ivanovic
Aug 20th, 2005, 03:00 AM
ahh well thats tennis

rada
Aug 22nd, 2005, 03:05 PM
well it always can't be a good week ana and jelena will be fine for the USO as for timotic man that girl needs to wake up plays good one day day the next LOL im sure vanja will pick it up and the rest:)

Ana&Jelena Fan
Aug 25th, 2005, 01:59 PM
I didn`t know where to write and because this thread starts with word Bad I want to write here because it is very bad...

We are one of five countries in the world that have two girls in top20. We had Monica Seles and Jelena Dokic in top5. But, today I realised that we don`t have 25K tournament (although I think we should have some 75K or maybe Tier IV tournament). Belgrade tournament that should be in August 29th is CANCELED :fiery: Some smaller countries without any good players have tournaments and we don`t. I`m so sad because that would be great chance for Ana J., Vanja C., Vojka L., maybe even for Ana T. and Danica to get some points here with spending a lot of amounts of money for treveling, to reach WC, to play in front of Belgrade crowd. Maybe Jelena D. would play here because she now plays these tournaments, and everyone would be thrilled to see her playing in Belgrade, but...

Almost the same situation is with boys. We have Gemax (indoor challenger), but we don`t have outside challenger, Croats have Umag and one challenger more, even BiH has two challengers and we have only one. It`s very sad and someone has to be shamed. When I sad someone I meant on Slobodan Zivojinovic and people who sorounded him.