PDA

View Full Version : Thursday report

Fingon
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:06 AM
only two matches today.

Gisela Dulko - Svetalana Kuznetsova.

Gisela deserved to win, she played really well, was very aggressive, she was serving well, coming to the net and fighting every ball, I was very impressed with her.

Sveta didn't play bad, but she wasn't the US Open champion today. I was impressed for how hard she hit the forehand, she really accelerates the ball a lot, the problem is that Gisela likes pace and was using Sveta's pace against her.

Sveta would get impatient and hit an UE, but Gisela also was hitting winners.

It was a good match. Gisela seems to do well in Canada, I hope this time she follows through.

I skipped Conchita Amelie because I wanted to eat, and if I expected a Conchita match to finish I would starve to dead.

I couldn't see much of Nastya either, I was trying to find out who had pulled out of the Kim - Ana match, then I realized the doubles match was off as well and I knew it was Ana :fiery: (not that I wanted Kim to be injured, but Ana has become a favourite in this tournament).

I hope she is alright, it's the same kind of injury Maria has (two favourites with the same freaking injury :fiery: :sad: :fiery: ) I hope she is alright for the US Open and has learnt her lesson (she should have pulled out of the doubles).

Then I saw Justine practicing and I thought it was a good chance to take good photos, as she is always in centre court and the distance is too much for my poor zoom lense.

then Justine. Jie Zheng has a nice game, she gets a lot back and has some nice touch and is aggressive and not intimidated.

The problem is her serve, she places it well, but it's way too slow, Serra-Zanetti/Kapros type. Justine was having problems reading it (she seems not to like slow serves).

Other than that, Justine was mixing it up quite a bit, a lot of slice (much more than she used to hit) many of them offensive, she was alternating moon balls with flat groundstrokes and also changing the pace and placement of the serve all the time.

She got a little impatient in the second set and made some errors, that's why it was closer, but credit given to Zheng for hanging in there.

I was really looking forward to the Ana - Kim match :sad: :fiery: :mad:

Gogo123
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:10 AM
I was really looking forward to the Ana - Kim match :sad: :fiery: :mad:
We all were...
Thanks for the report...hope everyone is healthy for a great US OPEN

deja_entendu
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:15 AM
thx fingon... love the reports, keep it up!

Derek.
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:19 AM
Thanx again! :bigclap:

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Thanks again :D

Daniel
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:34 AM

Hachiko
Aug 19th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Thanks, Fingon!

Lady
Aug 19th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Thank you! :)

"Sluggy"
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Thanks man, nice report

Dexter
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Thank you once again :yeah:

pigam
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:49 AM
thx! :)

vutt
Aug 19th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Gisela Dulko - Svetalana Kuznetsova.

Gisela deserved to win, she played really well, was very aggressive, she was serving well, coming to the net and fighting every ball, I was very impressed with her.
Sveta didn't play bad, but she wasn't the US Open champion today. I was impressed for how hard she hit the forehand, she really accelerates the ball a lot, the problem is that Gisela likes pace and was using Sveta's pace against her.
Sveta would get impatient and hit an UE, but Gisela also was hitting winners.

It was a good match. Gisela seems to do well in Canada, I hope this time she follows through.

So not a word about Sveta's injury, but who said that all reports should be objective :angel:

lauryn
Aug 19th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Thanks again! :)

King Aaron
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Thanks. :)