PDA

View Full Version : Kim can finish #1, no?

Davenselesport
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:10 AM
She is #3 in the race to the championships, behind 2 injured players.

Wouldn't it be possible for Kim to finish #1 when ALL of the attention was on Davenport and Sharapova. Did nobody see this coming? I sure didnt!

By the way I think Sharapova now has more points to defend for the rest of the year than Lindsay. She had better do well at the yr. end championships

Geisha
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:16 AM
What would be amazing is if Clijsters can get to Number One without reaching the QF of a Grand Slam. Could you imagine her winning Indian Wells, Miami, and YEC and finishing the year at Number One?

jan.
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:19 AM
What would be amazing is if Clijsters can get to Number One without reaching the QF of a Grand Slam. Could you imagine her winning Indian Wells, Miami, and YEC and finishing the year at Number One?Even tho if she got to the SF or better at the USO and finishes the year at no.1 people are still going to argue how she doesn't deserve the number 1 position.

Geisha
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Even tho if she got to the SF or better at the USO and finishes the year at no.1 people are still going to argue how she doesn't deserve the number 1 position.

I don't think anybody would argue at that. I mean, who would have done better than Indian Wells, Miami, Birmingham, Stanford, Los Angeles titles and US Open F. That is one, damn-good year for me. But, I wouldn't want her being Number One without that US Open result.

Gogo123
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:07 AM
She can gain the lead in the race to the championships if she wins the title this week.

densuprun
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:10 AM
By the way I think Sharapova now has more points to defend for the rest of the year than Lindsay.

Nope. This will only become correct after USO where Lindsay defends about 360 points more than Maria.

Munchen
Aug 19th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Kim deserves the US Open. :)

Davenselesport
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Nope. This will only become correct after USO where Lindsay defends about 360 points more than Maria.

If Sharapova is ranked #1 in the rankings, and Lindsay is #1 in the race, Sharapova has more points carried over... doesnt that make sense?

UDiTY
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:53 PM
She will...she'll play every Tier II and up until she hurts herself again.

Pengwin
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:54 PM
The thing is that the majority of people hate Kim much less than Sharapova :mad:

Shonami Slam
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:57 PM
it would actually be a bit funny...

densuprun
Aug 19th, 2005, 06:04 PM
If Sharapova is ranked #1 in the rankings, and Lindsay is #1 in the race, Sharapova has more points carried over... doesnt that make sense?

You right. I screwed up that one.
Maria has fewer points to defend until YEC but not for the rest of the year.