PDA

View Full Version : Venus' post US Open Schedule

zzachtan
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:21 AM
As far as I know she is scheduled to play like a whole load of tournaments right? There's Beijing, Guangzhou, Filderstadt, Moscow, Philadelphia & possibly the YEC.

Don't know if this has been discussed but outta the 5 do you think she'll even play at more than 2 of em?

Anyone who watched their reality show would have noted that during the horse-carriage ride in Rome Serena was talking bout how she's gonna play stanford, LA, san diego, toronto. Venus then says something bout her schedule in the fall and starts laughing in a amused-this-is-ridiculous-no-way-THAT's-gonna happen way.

Thoughts? :wavey:

Gogo123
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:27 AM
Her schedule on her website looks like this:

Beijing
Filderstadt
Moscow
Zurich
Philadelhpia
possibly the YEC

Both look crazy.

tennisbum79
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:27 AM
As far as I know she is scheduled to play like a whole load of tournaments right? There's Beijing, Guangzhou, Filderstadt, Moscow, Philadelphia & possibly the YEC.

Don't know if this has been discussed but outta the 5 do you think she'll even play at more than 2 of em?

Anyone who watched their reality show would have noted that during the horse-carriage ride in Rome Serena was talking bout how she's gonna play stanford, LA, san diego, toronto. Venus then says something bout her schedule in the fall and starts laughing in a amused-this-is-ridiculous-no-way-THAT's-gonna happen way.

Thoughts? :wavey:

As long as there not more than three tounaments back.
The last few years have shown that she becomes shaky at the end the third straight tournament. Two tournaments in a row is ideal for her.
She can do three in a row, but it hard if she reaches the semi or final.

4 or more straight back to back is down right dangerous for her.

RenaSlam.
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Venus will go on a rampage like 2000 and win about 40 matches in a row starting with the Open...ALLEZ!

tennisbum79
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Venus will go on a rampage like 2000 and win about 40 matches in a row starting with the Open...ALLEZ!
I don't think she can do that anymore if she plays 3 weeks in a row.
In 2000, she did not have has many responsabilities as she does now.
She did not have all these injuries she has now. So she needs to pace hersekf so she does not push her body too much. I hope she and her agent will be sensible this time and not pull a Stockhom kind of booking

Paneru
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:55 AM
Her schedule on her website looks like this:

Beijing
Filderstadt
Moscow
Zurich
Philadelhpia
possibly the YEC

Both look crazy.

Actually, it's:

Beijing
Guangzhou
Filderstadt
Moscow
Zurich
Philadelphia
YEC

Venus talked about it on the season finale
of her show last night. Saying how she'd only
have four weeks off the rest of the year.

Her mother said it was crazy!

Paneru
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:56 AM
Oh, and I believe she's playing an exhibition
match with Maria Sharapova the day Beiijing
is to begin.

Geisha
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:01 AM
I have absolute faith in what Venus is doing. I mean, she wants to be at the YEC and she wants to win matches. Let's see- her record so far this year is 32-9 right? If she played the US Open and the tournaments the rest of the year and makes the SF of all of them, she will have a record of: 49-16 plus YEC- where I'm sure she'll do well. She's played more matches before, I just hope she doesn't schedule the stupid exhibition matches...

TomTennis
Aug 19th, 2005, 10:52 AM

you tell it RenaSlam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: