PDA

View Full Version : Has NA LI won the MOST ITF titles (35) of any player ever on tour ?

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:14 AM
I was AMAZED to see that NA LI has won an AMAZING 35 ITF tourneys ( 19 singles and 16 doubles). I think this could be some sort of record since many players who would have won that many ITF tourneys move on to the WTA tour level.
Does anyone know of any other players who come close to NAs ITF # of titles ? :confused:

faboozadoo15
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:21 AM
perhaps.
why in hell was she playing them for so long? why was the australian open her first major ever? why, why, why? can someone who knows a bit about her please explain. i'd love to see her play sometime, as well. the only (or one of the only) top 50 players i haven't seen. she's like 23 isn't she? a very late bloomer?

Paldias
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:23 AM
Well she got injured in 2001 I believe, and then left the tour for 2 years and then she went on a streak with the ITF Titles, like 50 wins in a year before she won Guangzhou...I'm not really sure why she's won so many though :)

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:24 AM
perhaps.
why in hell was she playing them for so long? why was the australian open her first major ever? why, why, why? can someone who knows a bit about her please explain. i'd love to see her play sometime, as well. the only (or one of the only) top 50 players i haven't seen. she's like 23 isn't she? a very late bloomer?

Yeah..i would like to know aswell. She won 6 str8 titles in CHINA last year. I was looking over her CAREER HIGHLIGHTS and the year 2003 was COMPLETLY missing?? Did she get INJURED or did it have somthing to do with the chinese government?
:D

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Well she got injured in 2001 I believe, and then left the tour for 2 years and then she went on a streak with the ITF Titles, like 50 wins in a year before she won Guangzhou...I'm not really sure why she's won so many though :)

Thank u.. :D Does anyone know if she ever played in grand slam QUALIES before making her debut in this years Ausie Open :confused: :bounce:

brunof
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:25 AM
I am looking at a private message from someone concerning Na Li's tennis career back in September of 2003, and he doubted she would come back..."All in all, I doubt she will come back seriously in tennis, though I know she wants it very hard, and has a lot of talent :D." And now she has made history for China. :worship: Thank goodness!

But anyway, I know Lisa McShea has a total of 65 ITF titles, 56 in doubles, and 9 singles tournaments. :eek: One has to respect someone like Lisa very much. I mean she hasn't earned gobs of money -- her total prize money is about half of what Serena has won all year, but she is still out there after so many years and playing good doubles.

Mr_Molik
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:50 AM
lisa :worship:

rrfnpump
Aug 19th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Gabriela Navratilova has 58 ITF titles ( 6 singles; 52 doubles )

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 19th, 2005, 07:35 AM
WOW! Kudos to LISA and GABY...they seem to have the most COMBINED ITF titles... :worship:
NA LI still seems to have the most titles in SINGLES with 19!!! :eek: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :D

Hayato
Aug 19th, 2005, 07:44 AM
Hana Sromova has 36 ITF titles (28 doubles, 8 singles). :hearts: :rocker2: :inlove:

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 19th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Hana Sromova has 36 ITF titles (28 doubles, 8 singles). :hearts: :rocker2: :inlove: :worship: :wavey:

rrfnpump
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Nana Miyagi (JAP) has 35 ITF titles ( 4 singles, 31 doubles) )

cosjun
Aug 19th, 2005, 10:45 AM
perhaps.
she was china's top player(no.1 I think) and won several itf titles from 1999 to 2002.but later in 2002,she decided to retire and go to learn in a university cos she didn't think tennis is everything.

tucker1989
Feb 5th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Bump

CrossCourt~Rally
Feb 6th, 2006, 12:03 AM
I guess she has the most SINGLES ITF titles... ;)

Modiac.
Feb 6th, 2006, 01:51 AM
perhaps.

She decided to retire and went to a university in 2002.

After she came back on court in 2004,she can't found any sponsor,so she can only play some ITF touraments around Asia area to increase her ranking.

The Kaz
Feb 6th, 2006, 05:02 AM
Lisa McShea (AUS) has 65 ITF Titles 9 singles and 56 doubles! :eek:

andrewC
Feb 6th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Thank u.. :D Does anyone know if she ever played in grand slam QUALIES before making her debut in this years Ausie Open :confused: :bounce:

she made qualies of 2000 USO I believe, but no websites apart from one which i now remember shows this... Can anyone else confirm this?

Rising Sun
Feb 6th, 2006, 04:29 PM
she made qualies of 2000 USO I believe, but no websites apart from one which i now remember shows this... Can anyone else confirm this?
Yeah, but she lost Q2.

She's also played Aus Open and Wimby qualies before, but lost Q1.