PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Channel Matches

browneyes
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Does anyone know why the Tennis Channel only seems to play taped delayed matches?

I'm losing patience with this channel.

kammgretel
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:30 PM
browneyes:

I think you are a lucky man, we cannot even see a match of WTA. Although you do not believe it. :haha:

Tennace
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:00 PM
I dont get it because I have sattellite. I wish I had it though!!!!!!!

Lee-Waters' Boy
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:05 PM
losing patience with the channel?
just be glad you get it..as it grows and funding expands they will show more tennis and more live matches
its been really nice watching the granville match yesterday and dulko right now. theyve shown a lot of doubles lately too, which is nice

iPatty
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:19 AM
losing patience with the channel?
just be glad you get it..as it grows and funding expands they will show more tennis and more live matches
its been really nice watching the granville match yesterday and dulko right now. theyve shown a lot of doubles lately too, which is nice

I agree but it would be nice to have some matches live. They are showing Justine at 10:00 tonight, along time after she is finished. I like the channel and all but please get some live tennis!

Lee-Waters' Boy
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:23 AM
My guess is that the channel in canada has the contract to the live tennis.
only a guess, considering that they use their commentating

alwayshingis
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:25 AM
I agree but it would be nice to have some matches live. They are showing Justine at 10:00 tonight, along time after she is finished. I like the channel and all but please get some live tennis!

Well maybe just hold off going online for a few hours (GASP!) and then it will be new to you. Be glad you get to watch it.

Chris_G
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:30 AM
Does anyone know why the Tennis Channel only seems to play taped delayed matches?

Most weeks they go live, but the Toronto stuff has been on tape delay to avoid conflicting with ESPN's coverage from Cincinnati. It's probably a contractual stipulation of their US Open Series deal.

Marshmallow
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:33 AM
I wish i the tennis channel. I have to rely on Eurosport for my WTA matches and that's no fun. Motor sports or cycling programmes that cut short tennis matches... repeats of the SAME matches like 3 times, when they could show other matches... showing repeats of cycling when we could see a live tennis match.

But.. it's better than nothing.