PDA

View Full Version : Quarters look good at T.O.

Ryan
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Well, we have 7/8 Quarterfinalists already decided, and so far they look great IMO.

Dulko vs. Myskina

Gisela is having a fantastic tournament, and served very well against Kuznetsova in the last round. Nastya had an injury scare? against Asagoe (I didn't see the match), but if that doesn't hamper her too much I see her making it through to the Semifinals.

Pennetta vs. Clijsters

Wow, two walkovers to reach the Quarterfinal. I see Kim taking this in two fairly close sets, unless she has another hiccup like against Razzano. Kim 6-4 6-3.

Vaidisova vs. Henin-Hardenne/Zheng

I haven't seen Nicole play yet this week, but she looks to be in great form, and she could definately give Justine a stiff test. Depending on how Juju gets through Zheng, I see her moving through, possibly in three sets.

Petrova vs. Mauresmo

Nadia looked good against Sesil, but I think Mauresmo will be too solid for her and move through. Nadia is very streaky though, and if she keeps coming to net and punishes Momo's high balls, she could move through too.

Great result for Tourney organizers though, good luck to all 9 ;) ladies. :D

crazyroberto6767
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:03 PM
GREAT chance for an all Belgian final. The quarters are looking better than previous hard court tournaments, but they *could* be a little stronger.

DragonFlame
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:10 PM
GREAT chance for an all Belgian final.

yeah since serena withdrew(with it the chance of a justine-serenafinal) i'm praying for that all belgiumfinal :worship:

*Karen*
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:14 PM
I hope Nadia beats Kim in the final!

Ryan
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:14 PM
GREAT chance for an all Belgian final. The quarters are looking better than previous hard court tournaments, but they *could* be a little stronger.

Yes, but all the healthy top players ARE here. Maria, Lindsay and Venus are injured/sick, Serena withdrew, Svetlana got injured. Having Myskina, Clijsters, Henin-Hardenne, Mauresmo and Petrova all in the Quarters of a Tier 1 is pretty danm good anyhow.

TomTennis
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:15 PM
This is absolutley TERRIBLE!

Looking at the commitment list a week proir to this event, and the possibilties of GREAT match-ups were on prospect...

Venus, Serena, Maria, Kim, Justiene, Maruesmo, Pierce, Myskina...

now it is terrible. And no its not just because they include non of my favourite players, its because this is a tier 1, and doenst look as good as it should be.

franny
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Sigh, it's sad when this is the best draw we've had all summer. Compare this draw with the original draw when we could have had some dynamic match ups. Now we're left with Myskina-Dulko? When it could have been Myskina-Serena. It sucks! On a brighter note though, at least we may be able to see a Mauresmo-Justine match up and a Kim-Justine match up.

Derek.
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:18 PM
I wonder which one ESPN is gonna show.. :)

Cp6uja
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:21 PM
Clijsters-Dulko
Henin-Mauresmo
more than 90%

Dulko (Tier-I SF!?) is so lucky, but she is so sweet young lady, and Argentina deserve to have atleast one TOP30 player in woman competition (in ATP they have 4 in top20!) this year, and after this succes Dulko will be in top30, and top32 seed at USO...

Paldias
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Clijsters-Dulko
Henin-Mauresmo
more than 90%

Dulko (Tier-I SF!?) is so lucky, but she is so sweet young lady, and Argentina deserve to have atleast one TOP30 player in woman competition (in ATP they have 4 in top20!) this year, and after this succes Dulko will be in top30, and top32 seed at USO...

Hey, lay off of Dulko! She played really well vs. Kuznetsova. Especially when she could have choked it away when Kuznetsova was up 8-7 in the TB. Did you even watch it? Because if you did you would know that she hit three winners in a row to win that match.

Besides she always plays well in Canada, look at last year when she beat Dementieva who went on to reach the final of the US Open.

Martian KC
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:17 AM
Come on Gisela, Justine, and Nadia!:kiss:

ampers&
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:34 AM
Well, we have 7/8 Quarterfinalists already decided, and so far they look great IMO.

If by "great" you mean "horrible," then I concur.

Havok
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:41 AM
Hey, lay off of Dulko! She played really well vs. Kuznetsova. Especially when she could have choked it away when Kuznetsova was up 8-7 in the TB. Did you even watch it? Because if you did you would know that she hit three winners in a row to win that match.

Besides she always plays well in Canada, look at last year when she beat Dementieva who went on to reach the final of the US Open.
Not true. I was at that match and Dementieva was just all over the place, with her serve, forehand, backhand everything. Gisela really didn't have to do much because Dementieva produced the errors withing minimum 5 shots in the rally. Many players could have beaten Dementieva on that day. Dulko then went on to lose to Golovin in the next round, so she hardly "always plays well in Canada."

Wiggly
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:19 AM
Could be better ;)

~ The Leopard ~
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:38 AM
Could be a lot worse. I'm looking forward to that Kimmie/Momo final (sorry Juju :kiss: ... I can't root for you against Amelie :hehehe: ).