PDA

View Full Version : Will Venus win the US Open after Wimbledon for the 3rd time?

Serena!
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Discuss!!!!

TomTennis
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Of course she will.

Go Venus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crazyroberto6767
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:00 PM
I sure hope so :D.

volta
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:03 PM
i hope so ;)

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:07 PM
It all depends on the H-H factor. If Justine makes it to the quarters, she'll be tough to beat. Venus is definitely one of the favorites. A toss-up. H-H will play consistently well, but it depends which Venus shows up.

Andy.
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:10 PM
If Venus is healthy and ready to go there arent many people that can beat her if she is playing well. And we all know what happens when Venus wins Wimbledon.

Paldias
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:10 PM
I think Kim will be her toughest opponent, then again it is a slam :tape:

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:14 PM
The stars are aligned in the right way. Good rest, enough time to have a good practice, Stayed way from Stockhom

Venus should win. After this, Australia would be next.

volta
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:16 PM
The stars are aligned in the right way. Good rest, enough time to have a good practice, Stayed way from Stockhom

Venus should win. After this, Australia would be next.

omg i so want her to get that one it's not my fav but i want her to get the AO.

*Karen*
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:16 PM
My faviourite to win it is Clijsters but she always loses in the slam finals so probably someone else will win. It could be venus but I don't know. i think Justine has a better chance that her.

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Venus could hold 8 slams by the end of next year

US Open, French, and Wimby. The Queen Slams

volta
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Venus could hold 8 slams by the hand of next year

US Open, French, and Wimby. The Queen Slams
thats fine for me :hearts: :hearts:

tennisIlove09
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:18 PM
She'll be one of the favorites. I dont think there will be a favorite. Yes Kim has won 2 warm ups (and she's still in Toronto), but she never plays well in the end of majors...and none of her wins have been overly impressive (weak QF, SF in Stanford...beat a tired Venus...weak QF, SF, F in LA)...however, she will be labelled the "favorite".

I'd say the top three will be JHH, Venus, Kim

franny
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Who knows, she's surprised us before. But I just think that if she's rusty and draws a top player in the early rounds, then she'll go out. But if she can play herself into form, then I'd say she's one of the faves. If she's in the semis, I'd pick her over anyone else cuz she knows how to raise her game. I don't know how the seedings are gonna come out and I'm too lazy to go look, so I'll just say that as long as she does not draw Kim, Amelie, or Justine early on, she'll be fine. But these players have the variety and speed to hurt Vee when she's rusty, which is usually how she's like before the quarters.

Paneru
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Yes.

Venus seems to like following up her
Wimbledon wins with wins at the US Open. :cool:

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:08 PM
On the big stage, whenever Venus is healthy an in a good frame of mind as she is now, it is tough to beat her.

RenaSlam.
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Surprisingly, Venus' best tournament is the USO, statistically...

Since '97:

97- F
98- SF
99- SF
00- W
01- W
02- F
03- DNP
04- 4th round...still battling injuries, coming back after a layoff, etc.

Venus plays some of her best tennis ever at the Open...I hope she'll win if Serena doesnT!

Denise4925
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Either her or Serena. It really doesn't matter which one. :)

Denise4925
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:17 PM
It all depends on the H-H factor. If Justine makes it to the quarters, she'll be tough to beat. Venus is definitely one of the favorites. A toss-up. H-H will play consistently well, but it depends which Venus shows up.
Justine has never beaten a confident healthy Venus on hardcourts...EVER. I think it will be Justine having a hard time against a confident Vee. :shrug:

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:18 PM

Since '97:

97- F
98- SF
99- SF
00- W
01- W
02- F
03- DNP

Venus plays some of her best tennis ever at the Open...I hope she'll win if Serena doesnT!

I doubt Serena will enter. So it is Venus

Denise4925
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:18 PM
My faviourite to win it is Clijsters but she always loses in the slam finals so probably someone else will win. It could be venus but I don't know. i think Justine has a better chance that her.
Based on what?

Havok
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:50 PM
I doubt it. She had to save what 4 match points vs Schnyder in the semis of Stanford and then got trounced by Kim in the finals (please enough with this tired bullshit, if Venus was tired it was her own fault for her ridiculous scheduling/booking). it's almost a guarantee that Venus will be seeded outside of the top 8 so she will have to get by many top 10 players to even get deep into this draw. I can see Venus losing to many top 10 players since she has only played one warm up event only beating Patty as her token "good" win and had to save match points :tape:. She's definitely good enough to win it on old form, but she doesn't have her old form back anyways (closest she got to was at Wimbledon from the 4r and onwards).

Pureracket
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:52 PM
I doubt it. She had to save what 4 match points vs Schnyder in the semis of Stanford and then got trounced by Kim in the finals (please enough with this tired bullshit, if Venus was tired it was her own fault for her ridiculous scheduling/booking). it's almost a guarantee that Venus will be seeded outside of the top 8 so she will have to get by many top 10 players to even get deep into this draw. I can see Venus losing to many top 10 players since she has only played one warm up event only beating Patty as her token "good" win and had to save match points :tape:. She's definitely good enough to win it on old form, but she doesn't have her old form back anyways (closest she got to was at Wimbledon from the 4r and onwards).This sounds more like wishful thinking to me.:wavey:

jenny161185
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:54 PM
Justine may have not beaten a confident Venus on hardcourts but Venus has nt played the new and improved Justine on hardcourts recently either! When I think of the USOpen I think Venus has a great chance but I put Justine right up there and you have to put Kim up there aswell. Lindsay(if shes fit) will have a good shot at the title, same can be said for Sharapova

kiwifan
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:54 PM
It would be nice. :angel:

Couver
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:56 PM
First off :lol: At Naldo. One would think Wimbledon would have proved to people what Venus can do but apparently not. Patty isn't nearly as good a token win as Maria, Mary, or Lindsay :)

Will she win? It's hard to say. She's always performed well at the Open, even when she was slumping. But remember that the flu bug she got was pretty bad. Apparently she hasn't been able to practice for 2 weeks? :eek: So there is going to be some rust. I think with a good draw she has a chance, and with Venus focus and determination are also key. If she's geared up to win this and wants it bad she will be very tough to beat. But I can't say she's a lock for sure.

Marshmallow
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:05 AM
It would be VERY nice. She's healthy, should be confident (after her post-craybas wins at wimbledon) and rested. This will be her first slam after wimbledon, and she hadn't been great brefore then. So i'm very interested, and very scared, but Venus knows what she's doing, and know what it takes to beat everyone. She's a favourite and i hope the Wimbledon- Uso double series continues.

daffodil
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:08 AM
I voted Yes, even though I don't truly believe it. I think that a no-namer will win it in 2005.

Lindsay hasn't had practice and jokes in big Slams.
Kim is a choker.
Justine can't win on anything other than clay.
Serena's injured and out of match play.
Momo is a choker.
Myskina will need to play better if she wants to have a chance.
Dementieva plays horrible.
Kuznetsova is injured and plays horrible.
Petrova hasn't won a damn thing in her life.

Chunchun
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:23 AM
I hope but don't think so :tape:

CoolDude7
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Yes, She will win it this year!!!

vw.
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:39 AM
For sure. Its happened twice now, whats stopping it from happening a third time?! :bounce:

tennisbum79
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:41 AM
I doubt it. She had to save what 4 match points vs Schnyder in the semis of Stanford and then got trounced by Kim in the finals (please enough with this tired bullshit, if Venus was tired it was her own fault for her ridiculous scheduling/booking). it's almost a guarantee that Venus will be seeded outside of the top 8 so she will have to get by many top 10 players to even get deep into this draw. I can see Venus losing to many top 10 players since she has only played one warm up event only beating Patty as her token "good" win and had to save match points :tape:. She's definitely good enough to win it on old form, but she doesn't have her old form back anyways (closest she got to was at Wimbledon from the 4r and onwards).

That is a totally different context. She was clearly exhausted in Stanford for playing continuously for 5 weeks.
Wimbledon, Moscow, WTT east coast, WTT west coast, reality show promotion appeareances and other day time charity event appearence.

At the US Open, she will be well rested, with few good practice sessions behind her, in the best frame of mind in a long time.
I think she will win it.

LoveFifteen
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:45 AM
I voted Yes, even though I don't truly believe it. I think that a no-namer will win it in 2005.

Lindsay hasn't had practice and jokes in big Slams.
Kim is a choker.
Justine can't win on anything other than clay.
Serena's injured and out of match play.
Momo is a choker.
Myskina will need to play better if she wants to have a chance.
Dementieva plays horrible.
Kuznetsova is injured and plays horrible.
Petrova hasn't won a damn thing in her life.

Justine's AO and USO titles don't count?! :confused:

P.S. Lindsay chokes in Slams? Did we see different Wimbledon finals this year?

hablo
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:47 AM
I hope Momo does and hushes up all of her naysayers once and for all :angel:

vwfan
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:50 AM
but Venus has nt played the new and improved Justine on hardcourts recently either! so true. :rolleyes: and because of that there is nothing to suggest that the "new and improved justine" has the game to beat either venus or serena on hard courts. that's all speculation. we are not even sure that the "new and improved justine" can beat venus on clay. because justine can beat other top players on clay does not mean she can beat venus or serena on hardcourts. they both own her on hardcourts. at least kim has a win off of each of them on hardcourts. they will simply blow her off the court, since unlike clay she will have less time to set up all those dropshots, slices and moonballs the way she does on clay.
come on now. you have just got to favor venus in a slam against justine on hardcourts!

Jericho
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:58 AM
Justine's AO and USO titles don't count?! :confused:

P.S. Lindsay chokes in Slams? Did we see different Wimbledon finals this year?

justine's only gotten past the 4th round of the US Open once...lindsay lost to both sisters in GS finals this year being up at some point.

Robbie.
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:01 AM

Since '97:

97- F
98- SF
99- SF
00- W
01- W
02- F
03- DNP

Venus' record is awesome. Only three women have beaten her at Flushing Meadows; Davenport (twice), Hingis (twice) and her sister (once). Even last year when she was playing crap it took a red hot Lindsay to beat her in the 4th Round and it was a very close match. It takes something pretty special to stop Venus in Flushing. I think it will again this year.

selyoink
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:34 AM
justine's only gotten past the 4th round of the US Open once...lindsay lost to both sisters in GS finals this year being up at some point.

She won the title that year though. :rolleyes: Plus she has won the AO. I hardly see how anyone can say she can't win on hardcourts. Guess what? She has won just as many hardcourt grand slams as Venus.

I don't think Venus will win the Open. She definitely has a great shot at doing so considering all of the injuries and uncertainties. Nearly every player going into the Open will have question marks. I just don't think Venus will be the one to win the title.

RenaSlam.
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:35 AM
She won the title that year though. :rolleyes: Plus she has won the AO. I hardly see how anyone can say she can't win on hardcourts. Guess what? She has won just as many hardcourt grand slams as Venus.

I don't think Venus will win the Open. She definitely has a great shot at doing so considering all of the injuries and uncertainties. Nearly every player going into the Open will have question marks. I just don't think Venus will be the one to win the title.

She won the title in '03 without the champions of the four previous years being in the field. :rolleyes:

Havok
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:36 AM
That is a totally different context. She was clearly exhausted in Stanford for playing continuously for 5 weeks.
Wimbledon, Moscow, WTT east coast, WTT west coast, reality show promotion appeareances and other day time charity event appearence.

At the US Open, she will be well rested, with few good practice sessions behind her, in the best frame of mind in a long time.
I think she will win it.
She played 3 matches in Moscow, hardly exhausting tennis. WTT please don't count that crap, and the reality tv promotional blitz was all her fault because she agreed to sign up for it so she hat do deal with all the stuff that came with it.

Oh and luna_moonstone I put Patty as Venus' only "token" win as one during the hardcourt buildup to the USO, which does NOT include Wimbledon. Obviously we don't know how to read posts. Anyways Venus is good enough to win the USO, but I don't see it happening as she's only played one lead up event, had to struggle to beat Schnyder and got rolled over by Clijsters.

Geisha
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:37 AM
It's between Justine, Venus, and Kim. I can't see Amelie, Svetlana, Anastasia, Elena D., or Lindsay, Serena, winning this. Serena's form hasn't been good, Lindsay is semi-injured, Elena D., Anastasia, Svetlana, Amelie- not ready...

Kim, JHH, and Venus are the only really healthy players and all are very confident at this point.

cartmancop
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:37 AM
She'll be one of the favorites. I dont think there will be a favorite. Yes Kim has won 2 warm ups (and she's still in Toronto), but she never plays well in the end of majors...and none of her wins have been overly impressive (weak QF, SF in Stanford...beat a tired Venus...weak QF, SF, F in LA)...however, she will be labelled the "favorite".

I agree with that. I don't really think there is much of a favorite. Those 3 names sound good, they're all healthy & would all be safe SF bets, assuming none are in the same QTR. I think the final will be Venus/JHH with Venus winning in a 3rd set TB:) or at least thats what I'd like to see...

pcrtennis
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:39 AM
Venus Will Win Wimbledon! When She's At Her Best, She Is The Best!

selyoink
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:42 AM
She won the title in '03 without the champions of the four previous years being in the field. :rolleyes:

So does that mean she didn't win the title? :rolleyes:

Volcana
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:54 AM
I'd be a bit happier if she played New Haven.

RenaSlam.
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:57 AM
So does that mean she didn't win the title? :rolleyes:

In my eyes, yes. :rolleyes:

Leo_DFP
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:57 AM

More like: ass kicked.

Anyway, I wouldn't be completely surprised if Venus won the US Open. She should definitely go deep. But I think Davenport will win. Call me biased.

Leo_DFP
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:59 AM
This sounds more like wishful thinking to me.:wavey:

No, Naldo has a point. Venus hasn't backed up Wimbledon yet and, to be frank, that one week of good form was an abberation when looking at her past two years of play overall. Venus is still far from a sure-bet.

selyoink
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:00 AM
In my eyes, yes. :rolleyes:

Well I guess we view things differently then.

Knizzle
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:04 AM

When Venus is playing well as she is now, it don't matter what H-H does. She won't BE a factor.

Ceecor
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:06 AM
Originally Posted by tennisIlove09

I agree with that. I don't really think there is much of a favorite. Those 3 names sound good, they're all healthy & would all be safe SF bets, assuming none are in the same QTR. I think the final will be Venus/JHH with Venus winning in a 3rd set TB:) or at least thats what I'd like to see...

BEST PRICES AVAILABLE(that i know of)
Kim Clijsters $3.00
Justine Henin-Hardenne $4.00
Maria Sharapova $5.50 (i reckon 6 may be avail though)
Venus Williams $8.00
Amelie Mauresmo $11.00
Serena Williams $11.00

kim is the favourite BUT henin has moved in a point in the last 25H :)

V's a star
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:13 AM
Hello Venus didnt play a match for almost 3 1/2 weeks before winning Wibledon so Rust isnt a big concern for me. I think if she attacks the net like she did in the 3rd set of the patty match no one can stop her. I honestly cant think of anyone

VeraNuVirgosFan
Aug 19th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Yes!!

Why not?!

Go Venus!!

Portobello
Aug 19th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Nope,at least i hope it's not :devil:

DomenicDemaria
Aug 19th, 2005, 07:33 AM
She has a good chance. Her only threat is Kim. If both are in opposite halves i believe they will make the final. Venus might not get a top 8 seed and maybe that is a good thing, look at wimbledon. She had alot of pressure on her being in Serena's section and she came through with big wins over Mary, Maria and the big 9-7 win over Lindsay. Hopefully she can fully recover from her flu and train so she is fit enough.

Leo_DFP
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:34 PM
When Venus is playing well as she is now, it don't matter what H-H does. She won't BE a factor.

But we don't really know how well she is playing now.

Knizzle
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:39 PM
But we don't really know how well she is playing now.

She played well at Wimbledon and Stanford despite being fatigued in the later rounds of Stanford. Justine is only playing Toronto so we can only use their last tourneys as evidence.

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 19th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Justine has never beaten a confident healthy Venus on hardcourts...EVER. I think it will be Justine having a hard time against a confident Vee. :shrug:

All things equal, Venus would beat H-H. However, if Venus is having one of her "down" days, H-H will capitalize. Let's be real. H-H has made her living and her Hall of Fame career by capitalizing from the misfortune of others.

Not trying to be tough on H-H, but she certainly knows how to turn her opponents weakness into her strength.

I would love to see Venus win, making it the third time she won Wimbledon and US Open in the same year.

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 19th, 2005, 06:36 PM

Venus is a great player, but tell me what her performances have been like since she won Wimbledon???? H-H and Venus haven't played each other in years. Both women have two hardcourt Grand Slam singles titles under their belt.

As I told Denise, all things equal, Venus would beat H-H. However, Justine has only lost 2 matches this year and would easily take one from Venus if she doesn't walk on court 100%. In my opinion, Venus has been streaky since Wimbledon.

Hopefully, Venus will prove me wrong.

Knizzle
Aug 19th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Venus is a great player, but tell me what her performances have been like since she won Wimbledon???? H-H and Venus haven't played each other in years. Both women have two hardcourt Grand Slam singles titles under their belt.

As I told Denise, all things equal, Venus would beat H-H. However, Justine has only lost 2 matches this year and would easily take one from Venus if she doesn't walk on court 100%. In my opinion, Venus has been streaky since Wimbledon.

Hopefully, Venus will prove me wrong.

What have Justine's performances been like since going out in the FIRST round of Wimbledon. Why do other players get the benefit of the doubt on how they will play, but not Serena or Venus?

Smackie
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:36 PM
I wouldn't mind AT ALL but if it's between Kim and Venus, I would love to see Kim to win it.

The big four winning all four Slams, how cool would that be!

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 19th, 2005, 09:46 PM
What have Justine's performances been like since going out in the FIRST round of Wimbledon. Why do other players get the benefit of the doubt on how they will play, but not Serena or Venus?

Has Justine lost since Wimbledon??? Her straight sets victories so far are a good indicator of where her game is, which is positive. She's proven in the past that she can off for long periods and comeback to dominate. She did by winning the Gold Medal at the Olympics last year and during her return on clay this year to win the French Open. As far as we know, that nagging quad injury which she played with all clay court season is gone (with rest).

Serena is injured. I give her the benefit of doubt that she would be a threat if she weren't injured.

Venus lost in Fed Cup after Wimbledon and to Clijsters just recently. I give her the benefit of doubt that her loss to Clijsters was largely due to a hectic schedule and being tired. She's been ill with the flu, probably due to stress of her schedule. Yet, her results are inconsistent with calling her THE favorite to win the US Open.

I think people are intelligent enough to understand that if Venus and Serena were both rested, healthy and ready, they would be favored to meet in the finals. However, there are other top players who are healthy and doing very well on hardcourts so far this year. Just as it is an injustice not to give Venus and Serena the benefit of doubt, the same goes for underestimating others in the top ten who have just as good, if not better results this year.

I would be thrilled to see another all-sister final. However, I don't see that happening at the USO this year for obvious reasons. I'm just trying to be realistic about the current situation. And its just my insignifcant opinion. That's all. :)

Knizzle
Aug 19th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Has Justine lost since Wimbledon???

No.

vwfan
Aug 19th, 2005, 11:21 PM
She won the title that year though. Yes and Myskina won the French Open and only diehard Myskina fans saw her as a favorite for that tournament based on winning it once and going out early otherwise. I hardly see how anyone can say she can't win on hardcourts. Did anyone say she can't win on hardcourts? Clearly, she can but does that mean she will win the U.S. Open where Venus and Serena who have always beaten her on hardcourts and who have better overall hardcourt records are likely to be there. my point is how can anyone assume that a player who has neverbeaten a player have a better than 50% chance of beating that player at the tournament where the dominating player has the best and most consistent performance of all current players?! that's the logic that I don't understand. justine might be venus, but the odds of her doing so on hardcourts at the U.S. Open are against her. sorry!

*Karen*
Aug 21st, 2005, 12:23 PM
Based on what?

Based on performances the last few weeks.

henmanhill
Aug 21st, 2005, 12:34 PM
It would be nice if she won but I think Kim will win - which would be nice also!

Denise4925
Aug 22nd, 2005, 09:28 PM
Based on performances the last few weeks.
Oh, when an exhausted Venus played a sub-par Kim or when Vee didn't play the Roger's Cup?

What other hardcourt tournaments have they all played in the last couple of weeks? Which leads to my second question, how can you base it on the last few weeks, when we really haven't seen belgians play against any good hard court players?

blumaroo
Aug 22nd, 2005, 10:14 PM
Hopefully she won't. She already won one this year. I want my faves to win.
But if Venus reaches the semis she will win. If someone stops her it will be in the quarters or earlier when she's more erratic.

tennislover
Aug 22nd, 2005, 10:16 PM
yes that's written in the stars..... :shrug:

*Karen*
Aug 23rd, 2005, 03:16 PM
Oh, when an exhausted Venus played a sub-par Kim or when Vee didn't play the Roger's Cup?

What other hardcourt tournaments have they all played in the last couple of weeks? Which leads to my second question, how can you base it on the last few weeks, when we really haven't seen belgians play against any good hard court players?\

Well if she's so bloody exhausted then how can you expect her to win a slam.

Denise4925
Aug 23rd, 2005, 07:57 PM
\

Well if she's so bloody exhausted then how can you expect her to win a slam.
She has already won a slam, and I didn't say she was still exhausted, and since you obviously don't keep up with tennis, I won't even bother explaining to you why she was exhausted in that final against Kim. Neither will I bother explaining why she did not play in Toronto. I do expect her to go a long way in this slam though. :yeah:

*Karen*
Aug 23rd, 2005, 09:25 PM
I just don't keep up with the injuries and fatigue of Venus. She's always injured until it comes to a slam. I think she fakes it!

Denise4925
Aug 23rd, 2005, 09:32 PM
I just don't keep up with the injuries and fatigue of Venus. She's always injured until it comes to a slam. I think she fakes it!
Thank God no one cares what you think. :)

borisy
May 7th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Venus Will Win Wimbledon! When She's At Her Best, She Is The Best!

not Wimbledon dumbo, US Open :lol:

-VSR-
May 7th, 2006, 04:38 PM
not Wimbledon dumbo, US Open :lol:

Bringing up old threads, get something better to do. :o :haha:

PatrickRyan
May 7th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Wimbledon-Venus
UsOpen-Serena

Viktymise
May 7th, 2006, 05:05 PM
She should have won, i voted yes even though it already happened and she didnt win lol

SAEKeithSerena
May 7th, 2006, 05:12 PM
why was this brought back up?!?

Summer Snow
May 7th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Henin is 1-7 against Venus and has never beaten her on a hard court :o

Summer Snow
May 7th, 2006, 05:14 PM
I just voted ye! :help:

Reuchlin
May 7th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Henin is 1-7 against Venus and has never beaten her on a hard court :o

despite the one sided H2H Venus and HH are very evenly matched for the following reasons:

1. The 1-7 head to head largely came about during Venus' beak and Justine's youth.
2.Even in the 7 matches she lost, Justine put up a very good fight against Venus (with most of those matches going 3 sets- and most of them taking place on hardcourts).
3.Currently, Venus is not half the player she was-- and Justine is twice the player she was during the uneven H2H.

Viktymise
May 7th, 2006, 05:20 PM
I just voted ye! :help:
Me 2, us venus fans can always be a bit mad :)

Viktymise
May 7th, 2006, 05:21 PM
despite the one sided H2H Venus and HH are very evenly matched for the following reasons:

1. The 1-7 head to head largely came about during Venus' beak and Justine's youth.
2.Even in the 7 matches she lost, Justine put up a very good fight against Venus (with most of those matches going 3 sets- and most of them taking place on hardcourts).
3.Currently, Venus is not half the player she was-- and Justine is twice the player she was during the uneven H2H.
If Justine played Venus at Wimbledon or the US Open last year she would have lost in straight sets no doubt

Lulu.
May 7th, 2006, 05:29 PM
If Serena doesn't play then sure I wont mind

new-york
May 7th, 2006, 05:34 PM
don't like that much the "do you think Oprah Winfrey will wear a pink dress & get an oscar in 2008?" thing.

but hey, she got the potential, had great results @ Wimbly & the uso, so why not.

would be nice.