PDA

View Full Version : Myskina: one of the best fighter out there!

frenchie
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Of course when she has the desire to win
I just love her! :hearts:

Derek.
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:46 PM
:bowdown: The way she pulls out 3 setters I do not know. Especially the one at Wimbledon against Jankovic! :eek:

michelle11
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:49 PM
what happened today was a miracle.injury,crying,3-5 down and 7-5 in the end!!!!
(and she never won against asagoe before.)

Almalyk
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Congrats Anastasia - marry me! I bet no other top player has played as many 3 setters in her career!

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Congrats Anastasia - marry me! I bet no other top player has played as many 3 setters in her career!

Oh, i bet old Arantxa S-V played a few in her day.

jenny161185
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:57 PM
After watching three of her matches at Wimbledon I TOTALLY AGREE!

frenchie
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:02 AM
After watching three of her matches at Wimbledon I TOTALLY AGREE!

I guess it was:

1st round against Bohmova 5/7-7/6-6/4 (being 7/5-4/1 down)
3rd round against Jankovic 6/0-5/7-10/8 (being 5/1 down in the third)
4th round against Dementieva 1/6-7/6-7/5 (being 6/1-3/0 and 2 MP down)

Almalyk
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:09 AM
I guess it was:

She only does it to tease us.... ;)

Myskina Fan
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:17 AM
I guess it was:

Those matches were true 3AM rollercoasters! She's a natural fighter and it's so good to see her fighting again and refusing to go out quietly

Ceecor
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:20 AM
i dont think she playing anywhere near her best..debate her best if you like...but she isnt playing well and she is still winning her matches with huge heart. ;)...zdorova!

Marshmallow
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Myskina brings drama. She has to be a fan favourite. She's probaby not playing her best, but she's getting back there. I'd like to see her make another run at the USO.

But oddly enough, she'll probably win the kremlin cup again whatever her form.

JenFan75
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:58 AM
I love Nastya lots. I agree she does have great fighting spirit. Especially for Fed Cup!

fammmmedspin
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:25 AM
She only does it to tease us.... ;)

if she ever learns how to tune into in zone Myskina at will and can then turn off angry, anxious perfectionist Nastya, she is going to take an awful lot of stopping. In zone Nastya. who is a bit slower, more deliberate and plays chess with the angles and who has a couple of one-two killer combinations when her serve works and devastating running and down the line shots looks decidedly top 5 or higher. She's been visible in patches and when it matters in final sets this week - its just a matter of bringing her out to play more often. Graf always used to towel down to compose herself for the next point - perhaps Nastya needs a similar routine.

Billabong
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:44 AM
She's one of my fave players, and I'll always support her:) She's amazing and awesome:worship: I admire her a lot:)

Summer_Snow
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Love you nastya!!!!

Sun*Kissed
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:02 AM
Damn straight :yeah: Go Nastya! :bounce:

tennnisfannn
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:18 AM
nastya has become the queen of three setters, taking over from dementieva who took over from capriati.

selyoink
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:40 AM
She is a fighter that is for sure. People can say a lot of things about her but they can't question her fighting spirit.

meyerpl
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:37 PM
She's a little spitfire who puts everything she has physically, mentally and emotionally on display in her best matches. She is, by far my favorite player to watch. She also puts her true character on display outside her matches with the way she treats fans and support staff and opponents with respect. She is an example of pretty much everything good sports and athletes can be in an often self-centered and troubled world. Tennis, as well as all sports could use more athletes like Myskina.

@m@nd@
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:39 PM
nastya is an awesome fighter :yeah:

goldenlox
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:37 PM
A. MYSKINA/S. Asagoe
7-6, 7-5

ANASTASIA MYSKINA

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. I guess the only question is: How do you feel? How is your ankle?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Well, it's okay. It's definitely not good. But, hopefully, by tomorrow, I'm going to be okay. Really hope so.

Q. Are you worried you might have to pull out?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Well, that's a tough question. I really can't say yes or no because I'm really hoping to do well here, no matter what. Maybe just today I have a pain and tomorrow might goes away because I'm going to do a lot of treatment today, and hopefully tomorrow I'm going to be good.

Q. It looked pretty scary. It looked like you turned it over pretty badly. Were you worried you might not be able to continue the match?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Well, you know, sometimes when you feel the pain, you try to be tougher, you really become stronger. So I was kind of thinking to finish the match because I was up. I really felt that if I just can put everything to that set, I'm going to be able to win the match.

Q. Is it a sprain that you have? Did you sprain the ankle?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Yes.

frenchie
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:08 PM
She's a little spitfire who puts everything she has physically, mentally and emotionally on display in her best matches. She is, by far my favorite player to watch. She also puts her true character on display outside her matches with the way she treats fans and support staff and opponents with respect. She is an example of pretty much everything good sports and athletes can be in an often self-centered and troubled world. Tennis, as well as all sports could use more athletes like Myskina.

Great post :worship:
Exactly what I think about her ;)

goldenlox
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:00 PM
This pic is from yesterday -
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050818/capt.fng11308182118.toronto_masters_fng113.jpg

goldenlox
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:47 PM
"Sometimes when you feel the pain, you try to be tougher, really become stronger," said Myskina who left the court crying before coming back with the taped ankle. "So I was kind of thinking to finish the match because I was up. I really felt that if I just can put everything to that set, I'm going to be able to win the match...Maybe just today I have a pain and tomorrow it might go away, because I'm going to do a lot of treatment today and hopefully tomorrow I'm going to be good."