Derek.
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:33 PM
As expected. :D

Dexter
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Good win, Nicole :hug::yeah::D

deja_entendu
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Good job Nicole, she's really getting better all the time! :hearts: Too bad you have to play Henin next (probably)... may the best girl win :angel:

..ikke..
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Nicole :bigclap:

gmak
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:46 PM
nicole :yeah: :kiss: :hug:

spike83
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:05 PM
She may have a chance against Justine ...
even if it is a small chance,
last year at the US Open she played 1R vs. Justine, she was far from the player she's already now, and she led 4-2 in the second against justine ! only to loose 1-6 4-6. So a tiebreaker would be verry good I think. Good luck Nicole, show them you're more than just serve :wavey: :bounce:

pcrtennis
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Rika Fujiwara belonged in this match...she would have put up a better fight...

brunof
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:17 PM
:sad:

kabuki
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:19 PM

Your avatar is hideous. :haha:

kabuki
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:19 PM

Your avatar is hideous. :haha:

Oh, and Goooo Nic!!!

Hayato
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:27 PM

no, Hana is better and that's why she won ;) :lol:

Hana has loads of potential and she's in the prime of her career now :D I didn't think Hana would win this one, but congrats on reaching the third round in a tier I Hana! (and thanks Mary too) :angel: :D :hearts:

alwayshingis
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Nice solikd scoreline Nicole! Do your best against Justine. After all of thte withdrawals, QF was the goal and you made it. So congratulations. You were in a precarious position with your seed for the US Open, but now you are set. Play well and continue at the US Open.

charmedRic
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:40 PM
best of luck to nicole.

Tennace
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Nicole has more of a chance against Justine than some people think. It may not be a good chance but she has a chance.
At the 2004 US Open in the first round she lost 6-1, 6-4 and was up 4-1 in the second set and that was when she was ranked 125. Nearly 100 spots higher and improved soo much she has a small chance to beat Justine.

GO NICOLE!!!!!!!! Play your heart out because then we might see you on TV!!!!!!!!!! LOL

fOxYLiCiOuS
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:37 PM
:worship: Nicole! :bounce: :D :cool:

polishprodigy
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Does Hana get third round points or second round points? If she had lost to Fujiwara, she would have received first round points. But I guess because she had a bye, she gets second round points for this loss?

I wonder how Vaidisova greeted Hana at the end of the match, they ARE both Czech ;)

Well done Hana on reaching this round, well done Nicole on winning (as expected).

Lennval
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:13 AM
:bounce: :bounce: Nicole :bounce: :bounce:

Kutuzova
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Great Job Nicole! Hopefully you will be on ESPN 2 against Justine!

JenFan75
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:55 AM
Go Nicole...even though I've never really seen you play. I don't like Justine.

Chunchun
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:26 AM
:bigclap:

RenaSlam.
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:27 AM
Nicole, take the title!

polishprodigy
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:09 AM
Hana gets third round points for this result! She moves up to 107, just hope she can defend some of it next year ;)

Hayato
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:49 AM
:woohoo: Nearly top 100 now Hana!! :D :rocker2: :woohoo:

rrfnpump
Aug 19th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Nicole :D ;)
give Henin a good fight!

Hana :sad:
good and lucky tournament, though!

Slumpsova
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:19 AM
Go Nicole! at least win a set :yeah:

@m@nd@
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:35 AM
:woohoo:
well done nicole :banana:
good luck against justine

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Well done Nikki. :D

Best of luck against Justine. :hearts:

pla
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:49 AM
It's so exciting to see a Justine-Nicole rematch almost exactly one year after the first one :D

Well done girl :yeah:

Shonami Slam
Aug 19th, 2005, 11:09 AM
i think justine's new play-style isn't as good for hardcourts as it was for clay.
I also think that Vaidisova improved alot.
so i think we might see a 3-setter here and enjoy ourselves to boot.

416_Man
Aug 19th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Vaidisova hits FAR too many errors during the match. SHe's a controlled, flatter form of Safarova. Justine eats up her opponents errors and can be patient, as long as she's not being a defensive piece of nothing. If Vaidisova can have a positive game (more errors than winners, which is unlikely) she may be able to take a set.

Hayato
Aug 19th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Vaidisova hits FAR too many errors during the match. SHe's a controlled, flatter form of Safarova. Justine eats up her opponents errors and can be patient, as long as she's not being a defensive piece of nothing. If Vaidisova can have a positive game (more errors than winners, which is unlikely) she may be able to take a set.

did you see the match? was Hana using her so called 'slice' again? :lol:

416_Man
Aug 19th, 2005, 11:18 AM
did you see the match? was Hana using her so called 'slice' again? :lol:

Hana was smart, she was drop shotting a lot, hitting several off paced balls. But sometimes the off paced shot would sit up, Vaidisova would cream it down-the-line. Hana is a lot of fun to watch, hits many lobs, slices, drop shots, but she too can occasionally make the weak error, and with her lack of weaponry (ohter than touch) it won't let her beat the top players. It was much closer (not in terms of games, but the points) than a 2-6 2-6 loss.

Hayato
Aug 19th, 2005, 11:28 AM
Hana was smart, she was drop shotting a lot, hitting several off paced balls. But sometimes the off paced shot would sit up, Vaidisova would cream it down-the-line. Hana is a lot of fun to watch, hits many lobs, slices, drop shots, but she too can occasionally make the weak error, and with her lack of weaponry (ohter than touch) it won't let her beat the top players. It was much closer (not in terms of games, but the points) than a 2-6 2-6 loss.

thanks a lot! :hug: Hana is just unexperienced at playing top players- Vaidisova is her toughest opponent of her career. She'll learn the more she plays! :hearts:

Andy.
Aug 19th, 2005, 11:46 AM

Good to see a young player coming thru that is not a power player and uses variety.

Tennace
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Good to see a young player coming thru that is not a power player and uses variety.

Sromova isnt really that young. Sh'es 27 which is older than most players so she isnt exactly a youngster. LOL