PDA

View Full Version : Ivanovic out, Clijsters in the QF.

XaDavK_Kapri
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:27 PM
I didn't get what the injury was though. But after two really tough matches yesterday, Ana might have injured herself. Too bad :(

LefandePatty
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:28 PM
awww nooo Ana :sad: :bigcry:
Get well soon :hug:
good luck for QF Kim :yeah:

alfonsojose
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Well, Kimmy only needs to play four matches to win a tier I now. Let's se if Juju can stop her :devil:

Steffy6094
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Oh noooooooooooooo not an injury :eek: :eek: :eek: :(

honeyke
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:41 PM
poor ana :eek: it´s terrible...everywhere you look - injuries,injuries,injuries :sad:

kim took something positive from it - she has a free day and can relax....good luck in the next round :wavey:

CanadianBoy21
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:42 PM
good, Kim needs the break.
Ana is just tired, I don't think she is injured. When I watched her play yesterday she was fine and not injured at the end of the match. Maybe she is just sore.

Infiniti2001
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Good for Ana for pulling out if the injury is bothersome.

TF Chipmunk
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:43 PM
This is really starting to get retarded. This tournament is turning into the official rallying cry from the tour players to the tour directors. I really hope they listen, because even for a fan, it's pretty annoying to see so many withdrawals and losses due to injury!

MissJessou
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:46 PM
I'm happy that Kim could take a rest after all the tennis she played during the last weeks, but I'm sad for Ana. This would have been a good match to watch! :sad:

Hope you get well soon Ana! :)

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Nice bit of much needed rest for Kimmy :bounce:

Joana
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:59 PM
What happened? :eek:
Hope it's nothing serious, I've really been looking forward to her match against Kim. :(

njnetswill
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Does anyone else remember a time more injury-inflicted than now? :(

gmak
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:00 PM
omg this is ridiculous :retard:

i hope the WTA finally does something to protect the players :rolleyes: :mad:

get well soon ana

toronto should have been so much better than SD and LA :lol:

Paldias
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:01 PM
:scared: WTF is with all these injuries :scared:

manu
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:03 PM
That's really too bad... Let's hope that at least the last 3 remaining top-guns (Justine, Kim and Amélie) will remain injury-free and will be able to complete all their matches!

Dexter
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Well, Kimmy only needs to play four matches to win a tier I now. Let's se if Juju can stop her :devil:
I hope she will! :devil: :devil: :devil:

njnetswill
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:06 PM
The Belgians are quietly smiling to themselves. :p

"Injuries may have ruined our 2004, but now look at you all!" :lol:

babsi
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Same as Masha's injury, right pectoral strain. Shouldn't have played the doubles last night after a 3 hour match in terrible heat.

Dexter
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Same as Masha's injury, right pectoral strain. Shouldn't have played the doubles last night after a 3 hour match in terrible heat.
Totally agree... Another 3sets match :rolleyes:

ezekiel
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Where did you hear this ?
If so , it's really dumb she played doubles last night :awww:

maxomax
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Ana :sad:
But Clijsters is in 1/4 :D

©@®eLess
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:21 PM
that's sad! Hope it's nothing serious! You can say whatever you want but that result was weird for Ana yesterday! Not like her to lose her service games. Maybe it's her back like before Miami or her shoulder! Hope not!

Hagar
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Oh damn, I was really curious to see how Kim would fare against Ana.
Glad Kim is in the QF but this is not the right way to get there.
Get well soon, Ana. CU at the US Open.

hablo
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:40 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/tennis/news_story.asp?id=133864

~Rachel~
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Sympathies to Ana but as many people have said, Kim REALLY needs this rest so I can't say I'm disappointed at this news.

ezekiel
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:37 PM
"It hurt during the doubles match (Wednesday) night," Ivanovic said in a statement. "The best thing I can do now is to get treatment and hopefully be ready for the US Open
Why play doubles after almost a 3hr match?
:smash:

Wiggly
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:40 PM
:eek: I think 10 players on top 20 are injuried :rolleyes: :sad:

RenaSlam.
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:17 AM
Only Enna can prevent Kim from winning this title...

...the rest suck.

tatianaishott22
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:19 AM
Why play doubles after almost a 3hr match?
:smash:

Wow You know nothing at all about tennis ...she probly loves Tennis she wanted to play doubles so who cares ....You dont know nothing at all about Ana !!! :mad:

Rub
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:26 AM
the draw has really opened up for kim thorugh the finals!

Volcana
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:43 AM
TO be brutally cynical about it, other than saving Kim 55 minutes on court or so, this doesn't change much.

deja_entendu
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:53 AM
TO be brutally cynical about it, other than saving Kim 55 minutes on court or so, this doesn't change much.

Where there is Ana, there is Volcana :tape:

Fingon
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Does anyone else remember a time more injury-inflicted than now? :(
right pectoral muscle strain :fiery:

Fingon
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:21 AM

and you have watched Ana Ivanovic how many times?

Fingon
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:23 AM
Where there is Ana, there is Volcana :tape:

of course, good looking, young and extremely talented, a thread for his favourites.

When Ana starts winning Grand Slams he will pretend he never said anything (same way he ate his word with Justine :lol: ), I remember his analysis trying to prove Justine wasn't that good, he had to shut up about that, he will shut up about Ana.

Volcana
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:24 AM
Where there is Ana, there is Volcana :tape:Technically speaking, completely and utterly true. "Where there is Ana, there is VolcAna" :)

Fingon
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:26 AM
Wow You know nothing at all about tennis ...she probly loves Tennis she wanted to play doubles so who cares ....You dont know nothing at all about Ana !!! :mad:

sorry, but you are the one who knows nothing about tennis. Ana was doing well in singles and it's obvious that after an extenuating match she shouldn't have played.

I hope not, but this injury can keep her out of the US Open.

She "probably" love tennis, she wanted to play doubles, who cares? you don't make any sense, do you? I care, because I want to see her do well in singles and I don't like to see her injured. She is young and inexperienced, hopefully she will learn her lesson.

XaDavK_Kapri
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:30 AM
of course, good looking, young and extremely talented, a thread for his favourites.

When Ana starts winning Grand Slams he will pretend he never said anything (same way he ate his word with Justine :lol: ), I remember his analysis trying to prove Justine wasn't that good, he had to shut up about that, he will shut up about Ana.
I thought he was a she :confused:

Volcana
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:48 AM
I thought he was a she :confused:There are a number of people on this board convinced they know my gender, race, age, and occupation. They don't, but they are convinced. I consider this a positive. I got a stalker from this board. One who it took quite a long time to shake. Since that rather harrowing experience, I don't share personal information. Every incorrect fact about me that anyone writes here increases the likelihood that stalker #2 won't be calling on me.

Think about it. Would YOU want someone who felt about you the way Fingon feels about me knowing what you looked like, where you lived, or what route you took home from work?

Not if you'e sane.

Wombat
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:33 AM
Too bad

Daniel
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:52 AM
KIm good luck in QF :)

@m@nd@
Aug 19th, 2005, 06:09 AM
hope its nothing serious :(

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 19th, 2005, 06:18 AM
:help: These TOP 20 Players are injured or ill.

L.Davenport (1) - Lower back strain.
M.Sharapova (2) - Right Pectoralis strain.
S.Kuznetsova (4) - Back injury.
S.Williams (7) - Ankle/Leg sprain.
V.Williams (9) - 'Flu'
M.Pierce (11) - :confused:
A.Molik (13) - Vestibular etc. :sad:
A.Myskina (14) - Sprained Ankle.
E.Bovina (16) - Right shoulder injury. :sad:
V.Zvonareva (17) - Left Ankle sprain.
A.Ivanovic (19) - Strained right chest muscle.
E.Likhovtseva (20): Withdrawn Toronto - Gastro illness.

12 of the 20 are injured/ill. :unsure: :scared: :sad:

Slumpsova
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:31 AM
The Belgians are quietly smiling to themselves. :p

"Injuries may have ruined our 2004, but now look at you all!" :lol:

:devil:

Ana :sad: i hope it's not too serious, get well soon :hug:

and with the way Kim making this far, i expect only all belgians final. Go Kim! Allez Justine! :bounce:

SerialKiller#69
Aug 19th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Uh oh. A well-rested Kim.