Aug 18th, 2005, 07:29 PM
another one :scratch:

jamatthews
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Congratulations Jill Craybas on your first Grand Slam... :tape:

tobi
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:31 PM
No It will be super server Serra Zanetti be a champion beating Craybas in the final :tape:

tenn_ace

:rolleyes:

you better keep you mouth that way.

tennisbum79
Another injury.
Starting to resemble report from Irak.
Daily casualty report.
You know it is going to happen, just hoping it is not your favorite player who is the latest victim

deja_entendu
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:32 PM
what?? :sad: :bigcry: :fiery: :banghead:

hablo
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:32 PM
it's too bad I didn't pay attention to hear what the injury was :o

I would have posted it!!! :(

honeyke
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:33 PM
i can´t believe it.i was a few minutes away and there´s another injured player...is there a curse or something??

lauryn
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:35 PM
that sucks, poor Ana :(

Wojtek
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:36 PM
No :bigcry:

Dexter
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Ana, take care... Be fully fit for US Open :hug: :kiss:

CanadianBoy21
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Saw her play live against Bartoli, went 4-6 7-6 7-6.
So she must be tired or something, cause she knows she can't beat Kim, especially after a game like that.

volta
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:39 PM
NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :sad:

ampers&
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:40 PM
WTF :speakles:

Lachrymarum
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Another injury.
Starting to resemble report from Irak.
Daily casualty report.
You know it is going to happen, just hoping it is not your favorite player who is the latest victim
Iraq babe.
;)

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:49 PM
:rolleyes:

you better keep you mouth that way. :yeah:

hablo
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:38 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/tennis/news_story.asp?id=133864

Kuznetsova upset at Rogers Cup

Canadian Press

8/18/2005 4:05:29 PM

TORONTO (CP) - Gisela Dulko of Argentina upset ailing No. 3 seed Svetlana Kuznetsova to advance to the quarter-finals at the $1.3-million US Rogers Cup on Thursday.

Kuznetsova struggled throughout the match with a painful lower back and late in the first set, it appeared she would be unable to finish.

The Russian stayed in the game, but Dulko went on to win the battle between the two 20-year-olds in two tiebreaks, 7-6 (3), 7-6 (8).

"It's hurting very much. I think I should have stopped playing," said Kuznetsova. "But when the match is so close, it's so difficult just to say go, and that's it."

Injuries have become a theme at the Rogers Cup, and tournament directors received more bad new Thursday when 12th-seeded Ana Ivanovic announced she had withdrawn with a strained right chest muscle.

The Serbian player was scheduled to play Kim Clijsters of Belgium on Centre Court on Thursday afternoon. Clijsters, the No. 7, goes through to the quarter-finals, where she'll play 14th-seeded Flavia Pennetta of Italy, who automatically advanced after Serena Williams pulled out Wednesday.

In other matches, No. 2 seed Amelie Mauresmo of France cruised by Conchita Martinez of Spain, 6-0, 6-2, to advance to the quarter-finals, while Nadia Petrova of Russia moved on after Na Li of China retired with the score 6-2, 3-0.

The timing of Kuznetsova's back injury is bad news for the Russian, coming just 10 days before she begins defence of her U.S. Open title.

Dulko, 35th in the world singles ranking, showed Kuznetsova no mercy, forcing her into full splits several times as she lunged for crosscourt shots.

"My game plan was to move her a little bit," said Dulko. "I think I did it pretty well. We both ran a lot. I think it was a tough match for both of us."

Late in the first set and trailing 6-5, Kuznetsova, the No. 4-ranked player in the world, had a trainer massage her back for several minutes. She walked gingerly back onto the court, clutching her back and grimacing, but didn't withdraw.

"I said, OK, I'll play two more games and see what's going on," she said. "I couldn't play my backhand at all. My forehand, I can move only the hand. I cannot turn my body. I could run more or less.

"But I just couldn't take this decision to pull out. I never did it in my life."

Between sets, the Russian headed for the locker-room, returning in a long-sleeved shirt. Kuznetsova's back seemed to loosen up midway through the second set as she went up 4-1 and threatened to force a third set.

But Dulko wasn't giving up, finally finishing off Kuznetsova with a blistering forehand.

Dulko called it the biggest win of her career.

"She fought until the last point," said Dulko. "It was a really tight match. And I think yes, it's a really big win for me because I get the opportunity to be in the quarter-finals of this big tournament."

Kuznetsova became the first Russian woman to win the US Open singles title last year, beating Elena Dementieva in an all-Russian final.

Ivanovic became the seventh top-20 seed to withdraw. The fifth-seeded Williams pulled out with a knee injury, top-seeded Russian star Maria Sharapova backed out Sunday due to a strained chest muscle while Williams' sister Venus, ranked ninth in the world, withdrew last week due to the flu.
Mary Pierce of France, the No. 8 seed, pulled out Tuesday with a strained right quadriceps muscle

Andy.
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:30 PM
The injuries just keep coming this is terrible.

Cp6uja
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:34 PM
So she must be tired or something, cause she knows she can't beat Kim, especially after a game like that.

You forget that she yesterday after this match play another 3set match in dubles 7:5 2:6 6:7... she play about 70 games in 7 hours (only 1h30min pause!?). Nobody in world (WTA or ATP) day after that dont be ready to play... IMO

tatianaishott22
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:07 AM

You people are so Dumb ..AY !! .. Ana could beat Clijsters .. and she hurt a muscle ..you can't play when your hurt .. Wait till the US open i hope she Creams Clijsters if they play ... Name 1 good person from Canada .. here i'll give you 1 ..NONE .. :mad: :fiery: :lol:

Portobello
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:08 AM
another one???? :o
this summer's very suck,boring boring :( :( :(
hope she's ok for NY :)

Slumpsova
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:38 AM
"I said, OK, I'll play two more games and see what's going on," she said. "I couldn't play my backhand at all. My forehand, I can move only the hand. I cannot turn my body. I could run more or less.

"But I just couldn't take this decision to pull out. I never did it in my life."

what a fighter :worship: