PDA

View Full Version : Tamarine's injury news..

Shana
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:13 PM
From Local english newspaper
'The Nation' Aug18,05

Injured foot puts Tammy on sideline

Thailand’s No 1 women’s player Tamarine Tanasugarn has cancelled all her warm-up events before the US Open due to a nagging injury to her left foot which has bothered her since last November. Since helping Thailand beat Slovakia in July’s Fed Cup, Tamarine has withdrawn from every hard court tournament in an effort to heal the sole of her foot.

“I could not run at all because it hurt so bad. I just started jogging several days ago and the condition is improving,’’ said Tamarine, whose season record is only 10-15 because of the foot problem.

Tamarine had her foot X-rayed at the Siriraj Hospital and doctors discovered a stone had developed on a ligament. It if is irritated, it becomes inflamed and causes a lot of pain, which hampers her movement.

Tamarine said she is considering surgery at the end of the year if the pain reoccurs. A laser operation is another option.

“A doctor has suggested surgery to fix this problem,” she said. “He also suggested that it could be cured by laser, but we have to discus this issue more,’’ added Tamarine, who aims to return to competition at the US Open in the next two weeks.

However, she does not have high hopes for her first tournament in almost two months.

“I’m not well prepared because I just started resuming the training. I’m not as fit as I would have wanted, but I’ll try my best,’’ she said.

Tamarine also cancelled a tournament in Bali after the US Open to focus on a bigger tournament in Shanghai, where she has to start in the qualifying rounds. Her programme for the rest of the year includes events in Croatia, South Korea, Japan and the Thailand Open in Bangkok.

Lerpong Amsa-ngiam
The Nation

Thanx for the info from Jiro Tennis webboard.
http://www.fulltimewebmaster.com/myforum/jirobkk.html

Poor Tammy ..:sad: :sad:
Get well soon!

Rising Sun
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Get well Tammy. :sad:

Event in Croatia? :confused:

Ellery
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Tammy :sad: :hug:

Lachrymarum
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:36 PM