PDA

View Full Version : Sesil Karatantcheva

Dasha_
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:03 AM
I saw her match against Petrova last night, and, despite her loss, I think there is something special about that kid.
IMO, she will be great player very soon.

Here are some facts about her:
- she just turned 16 (few days ago)
- she played only 12 WTA tournaments in her career, and she is ranked 42nd, last week she was 38th (she appeared on WTA Tour Rankings at world No. 620 on Oct. 20 2003, at the end of 2004. she was 127th)
- she reached the quarter finals at Roland Garros and San Diego this year

Last year she won Roland Garros in juniors.

Looking at her yesterday, it seamed to me that she is quite tough mentally (she even reminded me on Serena at some moments), her movement is good, she has big shoots….

Anyway, those are the main reasons to think that Sesil will come in Top 20 very soon, and it looks like it will be some appearance…

What do you people think?

@m@nd@
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:09 AM
yes she is very talented and is definetely a future top 10 player imo :)

DragonFlame
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:10 AM
that girl surely has a lot of potential! i've become a fan of her too :) it's nice to see those young upcoming players do so well :bounce:

JenFan75
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:12 AM
SHe's going to be the next player to own RG after Justine, IMO

"Sluggy"
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:15 AM
I love Sesil, and hope she has a fine career!

Diesel
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:47 AM
I liked Sesil after her match with Venus. It sucked my Venus had to lose but I liked what I saw in Sesil. Not so much for her play in that match, but I liked her attitude. I saw more of her as she progressed and I think she can do very well. I hope she does.

Louis Cyphre
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:16 PM
If she reach the 3rd round she will be in Top30 and with play like vs Petrova she will reach it for sure :D

Lennval
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:22 PM
I am really impressed with this girl!

Dexter
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Sesil should took this match... :rolleyes:
Anyway good luck for her

pla
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Finally a positive thread, THANKS :lol:

More serious, yesterday one thing came out even more clear she needs to get stronger. She doesn't have the body frame of the "big girls" and she will have to work a lot more to be able to compete with them. It will come with time but not this year. She changed already but now she has to build up more.

Some people wonder why she never reached a SF of a tournament and THAT is the reason, she is still weak in her body.

Otherwise she has a great attitude on and off court, she works hard and progresses, and that's why I like her.

Dasha_
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:28 PM

you are welcome! :wavey:
I've enjoyed starting it.

Louis Cyphre
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:31 PM

And with positive comments ...it`s strange...something is wrong

Dasha_
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:35 PM
And with positive comments ...it`s strange...something is wrong

Pst, don't call in "the bad spirit" ... :)

Junex
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:44 PM
I saw her match against Petrova last night, and, despite her loss, I think there is something special about that kid.
IMO, she will be great player very soon.

Here are some facts about her:
- she just turned 16 (few days ago)
- she played only 12 WTA tournaments in her career, and she is ranked 42nd, last week she was 38th (she appeared on WTA Tour Rankings at world No. 620 on Oct. 20 2003, at the end of 2004. she was 127th)
- she reached the quarter finals at Roland Garros and San Diego this year

Last year she won Roland Garros in juniors.

Looking at her yesterday, it seamed to me that she is quite tough mentally (she even reminded me on Serena at some moments), her movement is good, she has big shoots….

Anyway, those are the main reasons to think that Sesil will come in Top 20 very soon, and it looks like it will be some appearance…

What do you people think?

Finally we agree on something!
Tnx to you!

IMO, Sesil will be a great clay courter!
I think her future is on clay but she can be a force on other surfaces to provided she exert more effort and work hard enough ala Justine....

And i hope she, and her camp would be smart enough on planning a schedule for her to prevent injuries even if she was still so young!

Dementirilenko
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:48 PM
yes she is very talented and is definetely a future top 10 player imo :)

Yes, she reached the quaters at Roland Garros this year and showed that she has a lot of talent. I think that she is able to enter the top 10 in a few years. she's an very interesting lady on the WTA - Tour.

Andrew..
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:59 PM
She has a big future. If there was one problem with her game, its the problem that most young players have - consistency. If she can find that, no doubt in my mind she'll be a top ten player.

crazillo
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:02 PM
She needs power IMO. Sometimes she is a creative player, sometimes an aggressive one. This combo is good, but she won't be capable of reaching the very top with this. If she becomes stronger and if her serve improves, she should be top 10 by the end of 2007.

I think that she needs to work a lot on her volley, too. :)

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Sad she is such a negative example for the WTA Tour...

kabuki
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Love her, but that serve... :scared:

Andrew..
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I was actually suprised by how mcuh the serve has improved, even in the last few months. In San Diego she was hitting some serves up around 112 mph.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Attitude Sucks...

kabuki
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:39 PM
I was actually suprised by how mcuh the serve has improved, even in the last few months. In San Diego she was hitting some serves up around 112 mph.

The motion just looks so stiff to me. And, way too much slice for my taste. Some of her second serves are just creampuffs. A consistent and aggressive returner just eats em up...

DevilishAttitude
Aug 19th, 2005, 11:36 AM
I still not impressed with Sesil. When she hits winners they look great but she only hit about 10-15 winners against Petrova who's not the best mover in a 3 set match. :o

She needs work. Her game is too one-dimensonal.

Dasha_
Aug 19th, 2005, 11:42 AM
She needs work. Her game is too one-dimensonal.

Yes, she does need work. But, she has so much time - remember, she turned 16 a few days ago, so there is plenty of time for her to improve game...

fOxYLiCiOuS
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Over the past few months ive really started taking a liking to Lil Miss Sesil! :hearts: :kiss:

:worship: My favourite match by far was against Venus in R32 at The French Open (6-3 1-6 6-1).:worship:

She definately has the potential for winning tournaments if she keeps up the good work. :bounce:

GO SESIL!!!!

"Reached QF in debut appearance at Roland Garros, becoming 11th youngest player to reach QF in Grand Slam tournament (15 years, 10 months); defeated A.Bondarenko and No.19 seed Asagoe before scoring best-career victory in three sets against No.11 seed Venus Williams; followed with 4r victory against Gagliardi before three-set loss to No.16 Likhovtseva; makes giant leap in rankings on June 6, moving from No.98 to career-best No.51".

*Karen*
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:28 PM
I've only seen her play twice - in the quarters of the French and against Sharapova at wimbledon. And both matches I thought she was crap. But she has had some good results and probably is good. I've just not seen enough of her to say.