PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Report

Fingon
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:53 AM
Not too many matches to comment today because the Ana match lasted over 3 hours.

First on, Justine - Diaz-Oliva.

Not much to say. Diaz-Oliva obviously can't match Justine's power and angles.

Justine was serving well and pounding the ball from the baseline, ocassionally she would have a nice touch at the net, but she really didn't need to do much.

She had her normal Justine's trip to LaLaLand and lost two games but then she took the plane back and won the match.

Second match, Ivanovic - Bartoli.

It was a good match overall. Ana was in control, it was her dictating the points and she would have some amazing games, and some very sloppy ones.

Particulary, she seemed to be affected every time a line call didn't go her way.

Confirming what I saw in the first match, her forehand is really amazing, she really pounces the ball, especially down the line, it's very flat and very controlled, the ball stays low and is practically unreturnable.

Her backhand needs work as it can break down, it's not bad but not nearly as good as the forehand, and I think that Ana would like to be able to hit winners off the backhand like she does off the forehand and obviously she can't.

She was coming to the net quite a bit and in general she won the points, she has a very nice touch at the net and she actually hits a slice backhand approach that stays low (like in the old school).

I must say that Bartoli has improved a lot since I saw her in 2003 against Justine, she really doesn't make many errors and hits a very heavy ball and gets a lot back. Her weakness is when she moves side to side and I don't understand why the opponents don't exploit that more, Ana was doing it at times but not consistently.

I do think that Ana has the game to challenge Kim, however, she needs to keep focus the entire match, if she has those sloppy games against Kim the match will be over before she knows it, but if she can keep up the level she showed in about half of the match agaisnt Bartoli, I think she can challenge anyone.

(note to Kim, avoid Ana's forehand like the plague).

gsm
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:43 AM
I do think that Ana has the game to challenge Kim, however, she needs to keep focus the entire match, if she has those sloppy games against Kim the match will be over before she knows it, but if she can keep up the level she showed in about half of the match agaisnt Bartoli, I think she can challenge anyone.

should (hope) be a nice match for those that get to see it.

thanks Fingon!

ivanovic
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:43 AM
Not too many matches to comment today because the Ana match lasted over 3 hours.

First on, Justine - Diaz-Oliva.

Not much to say. Diaz-Oliva obviously can't match Justine's power and angles.

Justine was serving well and pounding the ball from the baseline, ocassionally she would have a nice touch at the net, but she really didn't need to do much.

She had her normal Justine's trip to LaLaLand and lost two games but then she took the plane back and won the match.

Second match, Ivanovic - Bartoli.

It was a good match overall. Ana was in control, it was her dictating the points and she would have some amazing games, and some very sloppy ones.

Particulary, she seemed to be affected every time a line call didn't go her way.

Confirming what I saw in the first match, her forehand is really amazing, she really pounces the ball, especially down the line, it's very flat and very controlled, the ball stays low and is practically unreturnable.

Her backhand needs work as it can break down, it's not bad but not nearly as good as the forehand, and I think that Ana would like to be able to hit winners off the backhand like she does off the forehand and obviously she can't.

She was coming to the net quite a bit and in general she won the points, she has a very nice touch at the net and she actually hits a slice backhand approach that stays low (like in the old school).

I must say that Bartoli has improved a lot since I saw her in 2003 against Justine, she really doesn't make many errors and hits a very heavy ball and gets a lot back. Her weakness is when she moves side to side and I don't understand why the opponents don't exploit that more, Ana was doing it at times but not consistently.

cool thanks

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:56 AM

Goodluck Ana :kiss:

Derek.
Aug 18th, 2005, 05:00 AM
Thanks for the report. :bigwave:

Zhao
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:22 AM
great report :)

pigam
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:17 AM
thank U!

Dexter
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Thank you so much Fignon, especially for that from Ana's match.
I saw Justine's match. Good win! ALLEZZZ!!! :yeah:

auntie janie
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Thanks! :)

Interesting to read that Marion's game has improved. I always think of her as kind of static, never really rising or falling much in the rankings. It would be great if she could get it all together and make a big run some week.

lauryn
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:20 PM