PDA

View Full Version : How Often Do You Use A Can Of Tennis Balls?

SelesFan70
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:05 AM
I use them about 2 times before getting out new ones.

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:07 AM
Depending on how many double faults i serve in a day...could be asmuch as 4 when i emulate my girl ! :lol: :lol: :p

Jem
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:07 AM
I use a new can for every match. When I was young and didn't have much money, I would use them till they practically died on the court!

WimbledonGreen7
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:08 AM
2 times? i probably use a can for 5 to 6 times, they still have good bounce left in them after a while

Dan23
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:30 AM
would love to have a new can each time we play :lol:
they probably last 5 or so times before the bounce is noticeably different...its Jarrods turn to buy this time :lol:

RenaSlam.
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:31 AM
A new can every match.

TF Chipmunk
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:36 AM
Well I don't really play matches...but whenever I play, I just play and play and play until the ball is annoyingly flat and won't bounce.

I actually like flat balls (not flat because the air's all out but flat because it's wet or it's made for high altitudes) because they help me with consistency :)

Berlin_Calling
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:38 AM
when i practice, ill reuse balls, but in a match, i try to play with a new can each time. a lot of the times, when the match is short, ill take them out for another round.

kiwifan
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:39 AM
My friends know that I'm a frugal person. :unsure:

My only luxury, other than budget travel :drive: & expensive beer :drink:, is that I always play with new balls (Wilson 3 if I paid for them :smoke: )

Portobello
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:36 AM
This has to be the worst thread ever made.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :yawn: :yawn:

SoMuchEyeCandy
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:37 AM
Punch are you a man or woman?

Portobello
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:38 AM
try to guess???

selking
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:38 AM
i never play matches, always just hit around. Only play matches dring my usta's and season

Dan23
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:41 AM
This has to be the worst thread ever made.
Why?
Sounds like a reasonable question to me? Its tennis related...do you not play tennis?
Theres many worse threads around than this...

SoMuchEyeCandy
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:44 AM
try to guess???

Well if you're a woman I don't have a problem with you but I DONT NO because you WONT answer me

Portobello
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:47 AM
Well if you're a woman I don't have a problem with you but I DONT NO because you WONT answer me
I'm guy ;) ,yu're a guy,right?? :confused:
coz i'm not a gal,so yu'll be continue to have a prob with me,right :lol: :lol: :lol:

SoMuchEyeCandy
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:49 AM
I'm guy ;) ,yu're a guy,right?? :confused:
coz i'm not a gal,so yu'll be continue to have a prob with me,right :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is Correct.

Portobello
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:54 AM
ok,let it be
:shout: :shout: :shout: :shout: :armed: :armed: :armed: :armed:

Volcana
Aug 18th, 2005, 05:11 AM
For a serous match, new can.
Fr a 'freindly', maybe yes maybe no.

I save them used balls for serving practice until they die. They I cut them open and use them for feet on chair legs, so they don't squeak on the floor.

kiwifan
Aug 18th, 2005, 05:39 AM
For a serous match, new can.
Fr a 'freindly', maybe yes maybe no.

I save them used balls for serving practice until they die. They I cut them open and use them for feet on chair legs, so they don't squeak on the floor.

Damn, you're like Indians with the Buffalo...

...use all parts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I usually give my balls away after the match since I remember how happy I used to be when someone gave me "once used" balls back in "da day". :cool:

bw2082
Aug 18th, 2005, 05:41 AM
I Don't Play Tennis, I Just Post On Here And Enjoy The Bitchiness. :o

Ceecor
Aug 18th, 2005, 06:52 AM
i havent played in years but i like this thread. if i played 2mor, apart from the multi injuries i guess id use any old balls around the place.

controlfreak
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Where is the option for "I use them until all the fuzz has come off and they bust open, and then for a few more weeks afterwards" ?

Actually seeing as I find about 2 stray balls every time I play, my collection is so large that I can rotate them and always have 4 decent ones to use.

daanharmsen
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:50 AM
It`s the job of the tournament organisation to provide new balls.

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:49 AM
http://www.yopi.de/images/prod_pics/765/e/765924.jpg

Tretorn pressureless...they are really cool. Not exactly like the pressured ones but as I am not a competitive player, they get their job done :)

Stroba
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:09 PM
I donīt play matches because of my terrible serve, my hittingmate would break me every single game. Itīs a pity because Iīd love play competitively.
However I use the same balls for about 6-8 one hour trainingsessions. When trying to get my serve together, I might use really old and slow balls.

The Pro
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:02 PM
I'm kind of "Stray ball finder" and "Till the fuzz is gone".

I don't like balls from pressurised containers cos you have to thump the heaviness out of them.

At least where I buy them.

Scotso
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:29 AM
There are some wasteful people here.

matthieu_tennis
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:55 AM
lol i keep the ball 2 or 3 week lol ;)

Geisha
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:34 AM
About three practice matches. I mean, I guess it depends on how many balls are hit in a match- if you are hitting weak, there is less action, right?

VeeDaQueen
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:22 AM
I keep balls until they absolutely GO DEAD! There is no need to buy a new can every match. It is wasteful, and there are many people interested in tennis who can't even afford balls. You need to think about that :rolleyes:

Geisha
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:25 AM
I keep balls until they absolutely GO DEAD! There is no need to buy a new can every match. It is wasteful, and there are many people interested in tennis who can't even afford balls. You need to think about that :rolleyes:

If you are pretty serious about tennis like I am, then balls that are 20% dead aren't good. My brother and I played with dead balls one time and all of our shots were going in the court even with terrible positioning and huge swings. It isn't a good way to practice if you want to perform during tournaments.

Ceecor
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:27 AM
If you are pretty serious about tennis like I am, then balls that are 20% dead aren't good. My brother and I played with dead balls one time and all of our shots were going in the court even with terrible positioning and huge swings. It isn't a good way to practice if you want to perform during tournaments.

AND..hows your playing anniflava? :)

jan.
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:34 AM
I use 2 cans per match and I use them for about 2 matches.

Geisha
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:38 AM
AND..hows your playing anniflava? :)

Very good, thanks. :)

Ceecor
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:44 AM
Very good, thanks. :)

Thats good to read, keep it going. :wavey: