PDA

View Full Version : Players whom we're bored of...

borisy
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:21 AM
Nadia Petrova

She plays every week. Give it a rest girl!

pierce0415
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:28 AM
Jelena Jankovic (plays every week, boring game)

borisy
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Probably she feels very upset when there are 2 tournaments the same week :lol:

ezekiel
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:37 AM
I agree here, why play every week when you get bounced early. Don't forget Vera Z :baby: and Dechy

roxi
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:39 AM
Nadia Petrova

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:40 AM
I agree here, why play every week when you get bounced early. Don't forget Vera Z :baby: and Dechy
Vera Z is far from boring.

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:41 AM

BURNOUT :wavey:

ezekiel
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:45 AM
I've seen her twice this year. Against Ana in Warsaw and Pierce at RG. Her game was very average with no weapons and didn't challenge once at all and of course she cried her way through the match. I grew sick when I saw her crying again :mad:

Serena!
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:49 AM
Mary Pierce. I just think she is a bad sport.

borisy
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:53 AM

I think that applies to Venus better:

"Navratilova was far from happy with Williams' on court victory dance following Venus' win over Lindsay Davenport."

"Venus Williams strutted in victory, pumping up the crowd with an on-court dance that looked like an NFL end zone celebration."

"Williams won the final six points of the tiebreaker in her 6-1, 7-6 (7-4) win over No. 12 Mary Pierce, celebrating her win by shimmying to the net."

Marshmallow
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:54 AM

LOL

Munchen
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:08 AM
There are a few playing too many events. They need to rest up a little more.

Is it true Benesova has played 20 already? :confused:

Jankovic = 19-20 Tournies.

Dechy & Hantuchova = 18 Tournies.

I think poor Daniela has played 5 weeks straight! :eek: :sad: She needs a good rest.

Petrova & Zvonareva = 16 Tournies. :o

Luckily Bepa, due to her injury is taking a few weeks off. :worship: Petrova needs some decent rest.

Pennetta has also played a big amount this season. :sad:

Havok
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:22 AM
Mauresmo, have been tired of her ever since I started to watch tennis.:p

JenFan75
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:33 AM
Williams Sisters of course...

Justeenium
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Williams Sisters of course.....

TF Chipmunk
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:45 AM
I'm bored of Mauresmo too...she doesn't make BIG BANGS like some of the other people do. She never loses too early in a tournament, which makes you go :eek:, nor does she ever win tournaments consistently, which makes you go :worship:

SoMuchEyeCandy
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:48 AM
I am bored of hearing about / seeing Maria Sharapova.
Absolutely sick of it.
GET A LIFE!

selyoink
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:00 AM
I'm tired of having to watch Clijsters on ESPN. I don't dislike Kim but I want to see some of the other top players rather than her two or three times a week.

middy
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:04 AM
Nadia Petrova

She needs to play as many tournies how else will she eventually win a title :tape:

njnetswill
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:07 AM
I find Dechy boring.

tenn_ace
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:13 AM
a bunch of whiners finally found something to whine about...

Davenselesport
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:19 AM
Mauresmo
Dechy
Kuznetsova
Schiavone

bleh

ivanovic
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:45 AM
KIM CLAJSTERS
MAURESOM
JUSTINE
.....and few other ugly ones

ivanovic
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:45 AM
oh and Dechy and Patty

Portobello
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:51 AM
absolutely Kim,play 4 weeks in a row so far in US series,morover mostly won
not spectacular anymore :o :shrug:

Derek.
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:54 AM
Clijsters - I see her on TV like at every tournament aired. :o
Mauresmo - Just boring lately.
Sharapova - *See Clijsters above*
Dechy - Hasn't done much since AO.

_LuCaS_
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:54 AM
Kim :zzz:

lindsayno1
Aug 18th, 2005, 06:50 AM
sharapova.

Chunchun
Aug 18th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Sharapova

DomenicDemaria
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:00 AM

Ei leave Mary alone. Atleast she turns up to tournaments fully fit and atleast she does not make excuses for losing becuase of it. Serena can't hack losing. She retires when she knows she is going to lose. (vs. Jankovic and Farina Elia). I was shocked she didn't retire against Craybas

dania
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:12 AM
How is Mary a bad sport?I think she always treats her opponents with respect.

Ceecor
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:20 AM
i think mary will be with us for a few years yet.

was bored with Martinez (like navrat', I thought she should retire) but this recent resurgence cuts that down

DragonFlame
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:23 AM
wich players i'm sick of watching?

serena, not a fan of her powertennis
mary, sorry she's a really nice person :) but i don't like watching her. she takes so much time and it's getting on my nerves. don't have the patience to watch her :o
nadia, just don't like her game and mentality on court, she keeps getting more mad and mad at herself even when she's winning. she just doesn't has the mental of a champion.
vera, for obvious reasons...

Sam L
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Kim.... The Queen of Everything but the slams.

dania
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:10 AM
mary, sorry she's a really nice person but i don't like watching her. she takes so much time and it's getting on my nerves. don't have the patience the watch her
Fair enough.

JenFan75
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:13 AM

I like having a stalker. It turns me on.

Portobello
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:38 AM
linds-coz when i cheer her in slam,she always has injury n finally lost :o

Ceecor
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:39 AM
I like having a stalker. It turns me on.

if one has a stalker and you change the restraining yardage from 100 to 200 metres...........is that called playing hard to get? :lol:

HectorMagnus
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:45 AM
nobody, women's tennis will never be boring for me ;)

V-MAC
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:00 AM
As nice and lovely as she is, I'm sorry to say it but Kim does bore me :yawn: I find her tennis pleasant but dull and like somebody already said here, it like every time Eurosport air some matches from a tournament, it is almost certain that Kim will be featured in one of them, if not all :o

I'm tired of Amelie too. I find her game, dare I say it, bland :eek: and like Kim, too many of her matches are aired on tv. :(

Maria Croft
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Jankovic and Dechy, they seem to be playing almost every tournament there is and I really don't like to watch them play, nothing special about them

Dementinator
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:06 AM
I am afraid its Kim ,shes a nice girl and one of the best players no doubt and I certainly dont hate her ,but shes SO BORING ,she almost ALWAYS wins the lower matches and finals as long as not Davenport ,Justine etc she is one of the if not THE most consistant players and that makes her boring ,a little drama would be nice ,sure she did lose to PEng so it can happen . Her game style is boring too ,defensive ,defensive ,defensive ,but like my fave Elenas game has been lately ,and it just aint exciting when u know her opponent will simply make error after error (Dani are you listening) and more or less let kim win..

Kims a greal gal ,but for me not interesting at all...she not fragile enough!!
as far as most irratating palyer goes well that would be Maria..

Warhol
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Kim
Daniela
Conchita
Mary

Dasha_
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:19 AM
sharapova ...
... for so many reasons ...

Portobello
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:28 AM
sharapova ...
... for so many reasons ...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Could yu tell some reason ???,dasha :wavey:

Smarty-UK
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:40 AM
I don't understand why there is so much criticism of these girls who are playing a lot of tournaments.

At least they are supporting the tour especially Kim Cljsters. If Kim hadnt turned up all to those hardcourt tournaments this summer there would be no quality players there!

It would be nice to see Henin vs Serena or Maria vs Venus every week but its not Kim Cljsters or Nadia Petrova's fault that they dont play...

Dasha_
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:47 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Could yu tell some reason ???,dasha :wavey:

:wavey: Hi, cilly

1) she gets happy when her opponent makes double fault
2) she screames
3) she is a copycat
4) she punches her self in the chest
5) she is so selfcenterd
6) she acts like she envented tennis
7) i've never heard her speaks highly of her opponents
8) people over here hate you if you say something bad about her

Want some more? :)

vutt
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:50 AM
I'm not sure bored is the right word here, but Mary always makes me switch TV channel. In the past I did not care much, but now when she tends to go deep in tournies...

Dexter
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Serena... She don't understand she is completely out of form now... :rolleyes:
I wish her best, but I can't see her playing well in this year...

Portobello
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:58 AM
:wavey: Hi, cilly

1) she gets happy when her opponent makes double fault
2) she screames
3) she is a copycat
4) she punches her self in the chest
5) she is so selfcenterd
6) she acts like she envented tennis
7) i've never heard her speaks highly of her opponents
8) people over here hate you if you say something bad about her

Want some more? :)
hahahah no more pls :lol: :lol: :lol:
wow so many reasons from yu,disagreed in some of them tho :scratch:
esp 8) coz i don't hate yu :D ,ppl can have diff opinions n diff fav,i respect that facts :hatoff:

Dasha_
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:04 AM
hahahah no more pls :lol: :lol: :lol:
wow so many reasons from yu,disagreed in some of them tho :scratch:
esp 8) coz i don't hate yu :D ,ppl can have diff opinions n diff fav,i respect that facts :hatoff:

I didn't mean you. You are very sweat guy :kiss:

Portobello
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:10 AM
I didn't mean you. You are very sweat guy :kiss:
Thx :) :) :)

pla
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:12 AM
I am not bored of any player, I am bored of the WTA and some fans here. Otherwise tennis is always good for me ;)

Invisible Fan
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:49 AM
I'm bored of Mauresmo losing/choking in Quarters/Semis of slams. It feels like she's been doing that for about 100 years. It's like watching a really bad movie over and over again.

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Everyone!

borisy
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:42 PM

I change my mind, she could play 2 tournaments the same week. A loss on monday for the first, a loss on tuesday for the second :) That makes 2 ranking points, yes? :bounce:

Aussie_Kim
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:38 PM
I don't understand why there is so much criticism of these girls who are playing a lot of tournaments.

At least they are supporting the tour especially Kim Cljsters. If Kim hadnt turned up all to those hardcourt tournaments this summer there would be no quality players there!

It would be nice to see Henin vs Serena or Maria vs Venus every week but its not Kim Cljsters or Nadia Petrova's fault that they dont play...
I agree!
Unfortunately the same players are playing every week & there is so many tournaments that nobody wants to play so the Petrovas & Clijsters have to make up for those people.
I'd love to see Serena or those other girls play a Tier Two for once but I understand its pointless & they are doing it more for the love of the WTA than their own gain

Berlin_Calling
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:17 PM
im sick of seeing Kim on ESPN week in and week out.

Chrissie-fan
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:27 PM
I liked Venus' dance after winning Wimbledon. It made me happy to see HER that happy,and I'm not even a fan. Sure beats the look on Myskina's face after she won the French. I don't dislike Myskina,but she looked as though winning a slam was the worst thing that ever happened to her. :smoke:

I think that applies to Venus better:

"Navratilova was far from happy with Williams' on court victory dance following Venus' win over Lindsay Davenport."

"Venus Williams strutted in victory, pumping up the crowd with an on-court dance that looked like an NFL end zone celebration."

"Williams won the final six points of the tiebreaker in her 6-1, 7-6 (7-4) win over No. 12 Mary Pierce, celebrating her win by shimmying to the net."

Bероника
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:49 PM
The following players bore me most of the time:
Davenport,Dementieva,Clijsters,Petrova,Myskina,Zvo nareva,Hantuchova,Safina,Raymond,Frazier.

Wiggly
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Iveta played 20 tourneys :eek: but I'm not bored of her :lol:

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:09 PM

Very true...

honeyke
Aug 18th, 2005, 05:57 PM
mary pierce and jelena jankovic.it´s not that i don´t like them,but i feel bored when these two are playing - there´s nothing special i think.

Derek.
Aug 18th, 2005, 06:09 PM
I liked Venus' dance after winning Wimbledon. It made me happy to see HER that happy,and I'm not even a fan. Sure beats the look on Myskina's face after she won the French. I don't dislike Myskina,but she looked as though winning a slam was the worst thing that ever happened to her. :smoke:

Nastya gave a big smile up to her box, but she didn't want to celebrate too much because she just beat one of her best friends. I don't blame her for not celebrating much, but it still meant a lot to her. :angel:

Chrissie-fan
Aug 18th, 2005, 06:34 PM
I don't blame her for it,but I prefer to see some emotion at times like these. I mean,this is supposed to be the highlight of a players career. I know,my fave Chris Evert wasn't exactly the type to start doing the funky chicken when she won a slam either,but at least you could see she was happy. Looking at Myskina without having seen the match I wouldn't have known if she had won or lost. In fact,my bet would have been that she had lost. Not meant to be an anti-Myskina post or anything,just using this as an example to make my point that there's nothing wrong with showing off your happyness after winning something big. Makes it easier for us fans to be happy for them. :smoke:

Nastya gave a big smile up to her box, but she didn't want to celebrate too much because she just beat one of her best friends. I don't blame her for not celebrating much, but it still meant a lot to her. :angel:

iPatty
Aug 18th, 2005, 06:51 PM
wow long list for me.

Amelie (i find her and her game extremely boring)
Conchita (retire already woman!)
Nicole Pratt (those teeth :unsure: )
Dechy (i cant bring myself to look at her eyes when she is serving :scared: )
Maria (overrated, ugly, boring, stupid, etc.)
Sveta (too fat and her US open win was a mistake)
Kim (i see her too much. show somebody else espn!!!)

UDiTY
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Dechy and Kuznetsova...

dechy's game is boring and I am bored with Kuzzy cuz she fails to meet expectations week in and week out.

AND KIM!

Not cuz of her game but because the summer hardcourt tournies is probably my favorite part of the season and all it's been is KIM KIM KIM.

LefandePatty
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Sharapova, Kuznetsova.

tennislover
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:32 PM
CONCHITA
MARTNEZ

pcrtennis
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Sharapova....way to much publicity, self-centeredness and hype
Navratilova....she is boring to watch, she COMPLAINS ABOUT EVERYTHING, she thinks she is the smartest thing ever to hit the courts...among other things...
Kuznetsova....boring to watch, plays too much and makes awful sounds when she plays
Davenport....borrrrring....
Clijsters...she's on TV way too much and is a bit over-friendly/cheerful....bordering on phony....
Schiavone and Mauresmo cause i don't like them....

rjd1111
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:52 PM

They have to play every week. Its how you get to No1 these days

blumaroo
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Dechy, Likhovetsva. Golovin, Hantuchova - Boring games. IMO do not belong to the top 20.
Venus - Glad she's back but not a fan of her game.

skanky~skanketta
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:02 PM
i cant stand watching mauresmo when she's being passive. sorry, when she's hitting only loopy balls and not coming to the net and constantly slicing i get pissed.

hablo
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:24 PM
i cant stand watching mauresmo when she's being passive. sorry, when she's hitting only loopy balls and not coming to the net and constantly slicing i get pissed.

you obviously didn't see today's match :haha:

anyhow, I don't see enough tennis to get bored by any tennis players!!!

but I will say that I'd like to see other players in tv commercials than sharapova and roddick (although when I was in France I saw some with Federer) :p

*Karen*
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:28 PM
I find Navratilova annoying.

Mr Snuggles
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:32 PM
God I wish Mary Pierce would just fuck off sometimes. Her grooming marathons before each serve just pisses me right off. And the sooner the BBC drop that **** Inverdale like the sack of shit he is the better.

Martian Jeza
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Mary Pierce :zzz:
The Williams Sisters ( not a suprise ) : I dislike their powertennis
Lindsay Davenport :zzz:
Amelie Mauresmo : Sometimes way too overated by some French Sports Commentators.

Martian Jeza
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:47 PM
wow long list for me.

Amelie (i find her and her game extremely boring)
Conchita (retire already woman!)
Nicole Pratt (those teeth :unsure: )
Dechy (i cant bring myself to look at her eyes when she is serving :scared: )
Maria (overrated, ugly, boring, stupid, etc.)
Sveta (too fat and her US open win was a mistake)
Kim (i see her too much. show somebody else espn!!!)

Maria Sharapova ugly, boring, stupid, overrated ? Mmmmhhh, you are wrong there mate.

sebbe
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Mauresmo, she has the most boring game on the tour. I easily fall asleep when she play.

Mr_Molik
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:57 PM
petrova

tennisbum79
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:19 AM
Williams Sisters of course...

Why "of course".?

You make it sound that it is widely acceppted and known that they are broring.
Of course they are the furthest thing from boring.
No tournament is the same w/o Venus or Serena.
They bring cachet and a Je ne sais quoi to each tournament they enter.

Martian Jeza
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:33 AM
Why "of course".?

You make it sound that it is widely acceppted and known that they are broring.
Of course they are the furthest thing from boring.
No tournament is the same w/o Venus or Serena.
They bring cachet and a Je ne sais quoi to each tournament they enter.

For the WS haters that's natural to say they are boring so the " of course " comes from that.

SpikeyAidanm
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Mauresmo bores me, as does Catalina Castano.

Marshmallow
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:15 AM
Kim Clijsters!

Marshmallow
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:17 AM
And Svetlana. I usually switch of for their matches.

faboozadoo15
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:17 AM
i don't really like to say who i find 'boring' bc i can't really back it up. i like variety in the women's game as a television spectator. but at the same time, some of the players with a lot of 'variety' bore the hell out of me.

:tape: i still watch though... bc tennis is beautiful.

it's really a moot point. there are TONS of people who find roger federer boring, and i really think he's QUITE the opposite. he's easily my favorite men's player to watch ever. he's also the nicest player i've ever met.

we just like who we like. i think dementieva's matches are a trip! some people get bored with her. to each their own.

tennisbum79
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:22 AM
For the WS haters that's natural to say they are boring so the " of course " comes from that.

Then they should realize that belief only exists in their clan. It is not accepted and shared outside of that isolated world.

sense
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Kim Clijsters
Svetlana Kuznetsova

Ceecor
Aug 19th, 2005, 12:21 PM
I find Navratilova annoying.

You know what...me 2 only recently though, i am starting to think during commentery she makes comments for effect, like be controversial for the sake of it.