PDA

View Full Version : Rod Black has gone crazy

ezekiel
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:06 AM
this man used to be a decent commentator but has gone off the hill. He constantly wanders off and talks some really inappropriate stuff. Right now he started talking about Kim's boyfriend and then went on to talk about some Hollywood romancies :tape: . Yesterday , he went on and on about Dally and how poor Madagascar was, how terrible place it was :tape:. Plus he constantly repeats himself. Many more inappropriate ramblings.

I feel for Tracy Austin. I know that it's not a great tournament so far but why make it worse? Unfortunate thing is that he is very experienced and has a good voice but really has lost his ways.

Andrew..
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:09 AM
Poor Tracy deserves better. At least she gets to go over to USA for the Open.

Paialii
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:12 AM
I've been watching the men's tournaments lately, and I must say that Brad Gilbert annoys me more than anyone in commentating history. While Pat McEnroe is biased towards the Americans, he doesn't go on and on about them; he gives credit and "ooo's and aaah's" at the other players, even when they're playing an American.

Brad Gilbert CONSTANTLY talks about Andre Agassi, and brings up Roddick every now and then as well. I see no reason why it's necessary to bring Agassi up for every analogy. ESPN needs to talk to him about it, because it's beyond biased... it's an obsession.

That's my rant for the day. :lol:

Paldias
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:27 AM
Rod Black has never, ever, ever been a good commentator. He's always been pathetic, he knows nothing...he was even corrected my Tracy last year by saying that Rubin has a big serve, and Myskina has a huge serve he's the most retarded person I've ever heard :tape:

And plus he does every fucking sport and he knows nothing about them...clearly he must be related to someone at CTV or TSN...

polishprodigy
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:00 AM
Rod Black isn't good....but the guy who introduced Monica Seles was worse. When the main draw ceremony was being released, he made some really stupid and annoying comments, including one about how tennis, unlike football, basketball and soccer, "is considered by some to be a white clad sport ...but not anymore".....it NEVER WAS :p It may have been elitish at one point, and some argue a bit still, but it always required endurance and skill!

cellophane
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Rod Black is a retard! I can't stand him.

ToeTag
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:16 AM
I'll take Black over the nauseating Jim Van Horne, anyday!

*sidenote*: They need to hire someone who knows the difference between forced error, and unforced error! Imo, the stats have not been exactly accurate.

cellophane
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:56 AM
Even though she isn't commentating, (thank god!) I can't stand Jennifer Hedger. I just want to slap her across that smug face! :eek: :tape:

SelesFan70
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:58 AM
I've been watching the men's tournaments lately, and I must say that Brad Gilbert annoys me more than anyone in commentating history. While Pat McEnroe is biased towards the Americans, he doesn't go on and on about them; he gives credit and "ooo's and aaah's" at the other players, even when they're playing an American.

Brad Gilbert CONSTANTLY talks about Andre Agassi, and brings up Roddick every now and then as well. I see no reason why it's necessary to bring Agassi up for every analogy. ESPN needs to talk to him about it, because it's beyond biased... it's an obsession.

That's my rant for the day. :lol:

See my signature ;)

WimbledonGreen7
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:04 AM
lol good signature....

matthieu_tennis
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:17 AM
Helene Pelletier And Yvan Ponton At Rds Are The Best ;)

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:26 AM
With Melanie Marois also :D We really are lucky to have them!

canuckfan
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:38 AM

I heard Helene tried to bump Yvan because she doesn't get along with him anymore. She likes Lareau better therefore,it was him lasr week with her. I was quite surprised to hear that because I always thought they were good friends. Well it's just rumors...

As for Melanie, she was very good yesterday. She's very intelligent and express herself well. I hope she'll come back.

cellophane
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:04 AM

Helene is very nice! :worship:

njnetswill
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:29 AM
Never seen him...but let me take this chance to say

I HATE TIM RYAN

thank you.

matthieu_tennis
Aug 18th, 2005, 05:02 AM
yvan knows nothing he repeats after helene and after the years he said the expression of helene lol ;) they are funny

KoOlMaNsEaN
Aug 18th, 2005, 05:03 AM
Jim Van Horne was better than Rod

¤CharlDa¤
Aug 18th, 2005, 05:09 AM
I heard Helene tried to bump Yvan because she doesn't get along with him anymore. She likes Lareau better therefore,it was him lasr week with her. I was quite surprised to hear that because I always thought they were good friends. Well it's just rumors...

As for Melanie, she was very good yesterday. She's very intelligent and express herself well. I hope she'll come back.

As for Yvan/Helene, your rumor is wrong. If you remember well, Yvan was commentating with Seb on monday, until he was sick and Helene replaced him on tuesday and the rest of the week :wavey:

tennisIlove09
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:08 AM
I so miss the days of Jim Van Horne and Mary Carillo. they were AWESOME together

Lemonskin.
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:08 AM
:crazy:

danra
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Are nearly all commentators on all stations crap? On Eurosport UK last night, the guy was saying how Diaz-Oliva won an ATP tourny in Palermo a few years ago...even worse, Sam Smith, who was working alongside didn't correct him.

Ceecor
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Are nearly all commentators on all stations crap? On Eurosport UK last night, the guy was saying how Diaz-Oliva won an ATP tourny in Palermo a few years ago...even worse, Sam Smith, who was working alongside didn't correct him.

we dont get a lot of womans tennis down here (comp' to n-hem)..
even so i tend to watch it without the volume on for that very reason :)

cellophane
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:32 PM
I so miss the days of Jim Van Horne and Mary Carillo. they were AWESOME together

When did they commentate? Late 90s or so?