PDA

View Full Version : US Open - Surprise early exit and darkhorse for second week predictions

king416
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Early exit - Dementieva in 1r or 2r, and also perhaps Kuznetsova who has been erratic of late. I'm also concerned that Davenport might pull out early if her back keeps on giving her problems
Darkhorse for 2nd week - Well maybe not a darkhorse so much anymore but i think Mary Pierce could make the semis if not further. I'd like to see Ivanovic in the second week and i think she can do it. Nicole V could make it to the second week if she keeps her mentality sound.

roxi
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Dementieva R2!!!!!!!!Myskina R3!!!!!Kuznetsova R4!!!!! Davenport QF!!!! Pierce SF!!!!
Sprem R2 (I'm being optimistic)!!!! Sharapova QF !!!!

pierce0415
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:55 PM
2nd Week Dark Horses

Pierce (shouldn't really be a dark horse with her ranking now)
Ana
Anna C
Na
Shuai
Sania

Early Upset

Elena D
Nastya
Sveta
Lena L
Nathalie
Serena (sorry but true)

cartmancop
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:56 PM
Early exits: I agree with Dementieva & Kuznetsova... I think SK will feel the pressure to defend & fold. & early exit for Vera Z. but I think all expect that now...

Also early exits for Molik & Serena, if they play, b/c they've been injured/ill. & Sharapova if she isn't 100%

I don't think Davenport will try to play unless she is fully capable of playing, @ least I hope not, for her sake.

Week 2 darkhorses: Ana I.,Peng Shuai (sp.), Mirza & Schiavone

Davenselesport
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Early exits: Golovin :sad: , Kuznetsova

Dark Horses: Dementieva ;) , Myskina
THEY WILL PROVE YOU WRONG!!

njnetswill
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:08 PM
I think Dementieva will do better than you all think.

king416
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:11 PM
I do hope Dementieva proves people like me wrong because when shes on form shes fantastic, but shes proven in the past when she has pressure on her, she can crumble spectacularly! Her serve can end up as a tap over the net, and sum 100 odd player who sniffs a big upset will take advantage of that. Having said that Elena is one of the best fighters on the tour and has made many 3 set scrape throughs against people she should bagel and breadstick. So with Dementieva you never know!

Wiggly
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Russians out vey fast :sad: :sad: :sad:

Babolatpro880
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Early Exit: Kuznetsova, she's been so erratic as of late.
2nd week darkhorses: Peng and Mirza.

andrewC
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Early Exit = Hantuchova, Kuznetzova, Sprem

Dark Horse = Schiavone, Flavia P, Shuai, Na, would you class Patty as a dark horse? :shrug:

Marshmallow
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Dark horses = Schnyder, Pierce, Ivanovic and Sesil. Perhaps Peng, and a few other asian players. Sugiyama also included.. i think she can make semi-s. But it depends on the draw.

Venus to Win!

andrewC
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:22 AM
oh yeh, forgot about Vera Z.. definitely a likely candidate for early elimination me thinks

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Early EXITS: Golovin, Hantuchova, Sprem, Zvonareva & Bovina (If she plays.) :(

Shonami Slam
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:37 AM
THE dark horse is missing. silvia, I miss you already!!!!

Chunchun
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:34 AM
LenaD won't be out in earlt rounds, according to the trend of 05, she will lose in 4r in 3 sets :tape: :smash:

Serena!
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Early Exits: Serena (Probably won't Play!!), Svetlana.

Semi early Exits: Myskina.

Dark-Horses: Mary, Patty, Shuai, Daniela Hantuchova.

selyoink
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:55 AM
Kuznetsova will fall early based off current form. I think Serena will be gone before the week ends as well as Hantuchova, Zvonareva, Golovin, and possibly Dementieva and Davenport.

I think Myskina could crash and burn or battle her to the quarters before bowing out due to fatigue.

If Anabel Medina Garrigues gets a good draw I think she could do well and maybe pull an upset. Same for ALG if her shots are landing in play. Anna C. should do well also.