PDA

View Full Version : Ana Ivanovic (SCG) def. Marion Bartoli (FRA) 4-6 7-6(5) 7-6(3)

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:13 PM
vcash :drool:

Congrats Ana, much tougher than expected though :scared:

deja_entendu
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:15 PM
that livescores thread was fun :bounce: ivanovic fans are :rolls:

still, terrible performance, losing serve games at love, but good fight!

ezekiel
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:15 PM
wow that was a major thriller and it was easy to write off but wins like this are very exhilirating :D . Kudos to Marion :yeah:

Joana
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Man, following those scores was one memorable experience :silly:
I wonder what was going on out there, hopefully someone's seen the match and give us a report. Phew!
Now pull out of doubles and rest! The match was 2 hours 42 minutes long!

Spunky83
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Wow!!!

Ana won 119 points / Bartoli 120 ....tennis is the weirdest sport ever

Anyway, win is a win!

Babolatpro880
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Ana :eek: What's up with that?

Dexter
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Thank you Ana
:woohoo::crazy::woohoo:

tatianaishott22
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:19 PM
YES ANA ...thats whats up shes gonna win this thing like it or not

Derek.
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:20 PM
That match was a rollercoaster. :bolt:

Congrats Ana on pulling through! :clap2:

Marion, nice choke. :o

Marshmallow
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Should be Ivanovic V Clijsters next. Now THAT i want to see. Good luck to Ana. A win against Clijsters would be good not least for her profile.

ezekiel
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:21 PM
Ana :eek: What's up with that?

It's ok , I am sure fans were thrilled :yeah: . No game should be easy and this will give her more experience. It's nice to win 2 tiebreaks too. I think she got little tired when she was serving in the 3rd.

Smarty-UK
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Phew Ana - that was close!

She's clearly not playing at her best at this tournament but it is encouraging that she can get through these matches rather than slump.

tatianaishott22
Clijsters is the Best in the WTA in my opinion but if Ana can beat #3 Mauresmo then she can beat Clijsters kick @$$ ANA

Dan the Assassin
She needs to play alot better than that!!!! Well done on the win Ana; she showed good fighting qualities.

Jakub
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:23 PM
so close for Marion :sad:

Joana
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:26 PM
It's ok , I am sure fans were thrilled :yeah: . No game should be easy and this will give her more experience. It's nice to win 2 tiebreaks too. I think she got little tired when she was serving in the 3rd.

I was thrilled alright, but I'm not sure I needed this thrill. Not against Bartoli, at least. But I'll accept this score against Clijsters. It really would be fun. :p

hablo
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:28 PM
c'est bien dommage Marion :sobbing::crying2:

Havok
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Clijsters is the Best in the WTA in my opinion but if Ana can beat #3 Mauresmo then she can beat Clijsters kick @$$ ANA
Please don't compare Clijsters and mauresmo in the same sentence :tape:.

©@®eLess
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Yes sure she'll have a great match vs. KIm after 2h 42min in singles and then doubles match! If she wins 2 games tomorrow i'll be happy! Really happy!

njnetswill
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Doesn't get much tighter than that. Good win for Ivanovic.

DragonFlame
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Please don't compare Clijsters and mauresmo in the same sentence :tape:.

jup, and then we're not even talking about jhh yet ;) . congrats ana! great fight :worship: :)

Ems__
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Yes sure she'll have a great match vs. KIm after 2h 42min in singles and then doubles match! If she wins 2 games tomorrow i'll be happy! Really happy!

:lol: me too dule! Just as long as the score isnt embarrassing

Joana
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:40 PM

She'll pull out of doubles. She has to, she is not that dumb (I hope :unsure: ).

Havok
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Don't use the amount of time Ana has been on court as a probable excuse :o. It's her own damn fault she kept on choking in those last 2 sets and she entered doubles, nobody forced her to.

Joana
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Anyway I just hope this was a really, really bad day and Ana will be her old self tomorrow.
Eurosport will almost certainly show that match.

©@®eLess
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:44 PM
That will suck for Dubois if she WD. Yes Naldo it's her fault. She and her coach are dumb as hell! Someone should talk to both of them! Sucky schedule and then doubles!!!! Insane! She should have played Cinci! She could! It wasn't under AER!!!!!

Lennval
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:07 PM
good girl ana!

ezekiel
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Don't use the amount of time Ana has been on court as a probable excuse :o. It's her own damn fault she kept on choking in those last 2 sets and she entered doubles, nobody forced her to.

I hope organizers have good sense to schedule her match tomorrow night and I think they will since it's probably the best match in this round. Ana will win a lot of games . I have confidence in her as a fan . Don't trust excuse makers :wavey:

*Karen*
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Good fight but she should've won more easily.

ezekiel
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:18 PM
I am sure Marion played well. This will be good for Ana. Every player needs tough matches to grow up.

Babolatpro880
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:21 PM

Just because Ana beat Amelie Mauresmo at Roland Garros doesn't mean she's ready to beat Kim. I like them both, but Ana's gonna have to play a hell of a lot better than she has been if she wants to have a shot at beating Kim.

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:34 PM
:eek: Ana :worship: :hearts:

ezekiel
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Just because Ana beat Amelie Mauresmo at Roland Garros doesn't mean she's ready to beat Kim. I like them both, but Ana's gonna have to play a hell of a lot better than she has been if she wants to have a shot at beating Kim.

and she will play better :worship:
Good prep today :bounce:
Ana has a big serve and power so Kim will probably revert to being defensive Kim

MagicMilan
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:59 PM
Good battle Ana :worship: Her nerves are :eek:
A win is a win and that is most important
I knew Bartoli was going to cause a lot of problems

RenaSlam.
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the vcash Ana! :)

Solid win. She'll improve in the next round.

Good luck! :worship:

tatianaishott22
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:44 AM
and she will play better :worship:
Good prep today :bounce:
Ana has a big serve and power so Kim will probably revert to being defensive Kim

FINALLY someone Agrees ...Clijsters is Dangerous and an Excellant Defender but ANA is a fighter and she has a Faster serve then Clijsters

selyoink
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:46 AM
Sounds like one hell of a match.

Fingon
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:55 AM
Man, following those scores was one memorable experience :silly:
I wonder what was going on out there, hopefully someone's seen the match and give us a report. Phew!
Now pull out of doubles and rest! The match was 2 hours 42 minutes long!

it was a lot more memorable to be there :) especially if you just jumped on the Ana's bandwagon as I did.

Fingon
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:56 AM
That match was a rollercoaster. :bolt:

Congrats Ana on pulling through! :clap2:

Marion, nice choke. :o

Marion didn't choke.

Fingon
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:57 AM

she doesn't need to play better, she needs to play as well, but throughout the whole match, she needs consistency.

Vamos Feńa
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:31 AM
I told ya she'll win it ;)
Still her chances against Kim are not so high :sad:
Ajde Ana! :kiss:

@m@nd@
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:34 AM
:woohoo:
gd luck tomoro ana :)

spike83
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Ivanovic beats Mauresmo at RG in 3 tough sets,
Clijsters beats Mauresmo at IW in 2 sets 6-1 6-0

What logic can you make out of that, Clijsters beats Ivanovic 6-1 7-5 ;)

JenFan75
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Nice fighting Ana :bounce:

"Sluggy"
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:14 AM
vcash :drool:

Congrats Ana, much tougher than expected though :scared:

Marion must be playing good tennis, to take Ana deep like that! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

pla
Aug 18th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Wow, that was close for Ana but she pulled it out :banana: . But I really believe she has a chance against Kim, even with the fatigue and everything. Kim is tired too, and especially mentally.

Ana needs matches like this. She will very soon be able to compete without the AER and that's where her full potential will bright. Sometimes, the Serbian angel plays like in juniors and that's the only reason she has trouble from time to time, otherwise her game is very, very solid.

C'mon Ana, make the upset. Anyways, no matter what happens, she will gain (either points, either experience) so it's a win-win situation for her. :)

Dexter
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Wow, that was close for Ana but she pulled it out :banana: . But I really believe she has a chance against Kim, even with the fatigue and everything. Kim is tired too, and especially mentally.

Ana needs matches like this. She will very soon be able to compete without the AER and that's where her full potential will bright. Sometimes, the Serbian angel plays like in juniors and that's the only reason she has trouble from time to time, otherwise her game is very, very solid.

C'mon Ana, make the upset. Anyways, no matter what happens, she will gain (either points, either experience) so it's a win-win situation for her. :)

I agree with you. Kim is playing 4th tournament in the raw without a week-break :rolleyes:
Ajde Ana!!!

Andy.
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Well done Ana. Good luck against Clijsters

pla
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:03 AM
I agree with you. Kim is playing 4th tournament in the raw without a week-break :rolleyes:
Ajde Ana!!!

Yeah and I read Kim said that during the two days before the 2r match she didn't even take a racket in her hand, that's how tired she was. It's sad for Kim but an opportunity for Ana :D