PDA

View Full Version : Should Serena play the US Open?

tennisIlove09
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:07 PM
I want her too...but if it means that she could further injury to her knee, its not worth it.

Maria Croft
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:08 PM
I would really like her to play, but if we get Wimbledon all over again then it's not even worth it, she should get better first

Wiggly
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:21 PM
No, she still hurt and if she play like against Cohen-Aloro, a good top 50 players will beats her in 2 sets and will be happy with bonus pts :rolleyes:

Havok
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:37 PM
She really shouldn't. If steph wasn't so fat and had an average defensive game she would have rolled past Serena. Serena needs to actually take weeks off and recuperate, meaning no Hollywood business and events to go to. She should have never came to Toronto and have taken 2 fulls weeks of complete rest for the USO. i don't want this Serena to show up at the USO, it's an embarassement to herself :sad:.

Vaidisova
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:41 PM
No, she isn't any better and I don't want to see her losing early again.

Venus+Serena#1fan
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Well for one thing, I'm sorry folks but walking from the Car to the IVY restaurant in LA or walking a red carpet strip does not further hinder anyone's injury. Just because Justine or Mauresmo, Lindsay like to sit at home and do nothing when they are injured doesn't mean Serena has to as well, its not her personality folks.

But as far as her playing and injury, I'm sure she will give the USO a try if she feels better than she did in Canada. she has about 12 days and if she can get her knee a bit stronger she might be able to work it out.

I would love to see Rena play, but I know she needs to be Healthy to have any chance of winning, I know if she feels its going to be a Wimbledon repeat that she will not play. It sucks that Amelia Island ruined the best parts of the season for her...

cartmancop
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:00 PM
If she can't move & play near the top of her game, then No... If she feels fit enough after 1 1/2 weeks to give it a shot, then go for it! I hope she plays but only if she feels capable of playing her best. I don't think she'll be able to last on competitiveness again like @ wimbledon.

darrinbaker00
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:21 PM
If Kerrie Brooks can get Serena ready to go in 12 days, she should get whatever prize money Serena wins. ;)

*Karen*
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:27 PM
It'll be the usual scenario her injury will miraculously disappear the day the slam starts and she'll probably win the tournement. And if this doesn't happen with Serena it will happen with Justine.

king416
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:33 PM
I don't think Serena could bring herself to pull out of her home slam, even if she has to limp around the court! But then also she is a very proud women and hates losing to players she knows she can beat (She was perhaps the most despondent after losing to Jill Craybas). However, i think pure grit and fighting which Serena has shown will get her out of trouble. She has a good week to get rested up, the tournament will also be desperate for her to play because she is still perhaps the biggest draw for a tournament (bar Maria S probably). One thing is certain, the US Open wouldn't be the same without Serena!

ezekiel
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Yes, she will . It's worth it

RenaSlam.
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:23 AM
As much as I want to see her at the Open, she shouldn't.

Rest that knee, get it stronger, and perhaps not return until 2006...

I really don't know :sad: