"Why when in 2 sets when you can win in 3?"

-- The theme lives on. :worship:

Good fighting Nastya!

Bart
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Laura :sad:

frenchie
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:38 PM
the only thing that bothers me is that Nastya seems to win matches only thanks to her great fighting spirit and not because of a wonderful game!

spike83
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:40 PM
the only thing that bothers me is that Nastya seems to win matches only thanks to her great fighting spirit and not because of a wonderful game!

the problem is her mental state, she can't stay focus an entire match like she used to do ....

martirogi
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:41 PM
well at least she has fighting spirit now. last year all her big wins were in straights. so if she can play at the same level as 2004 she'll have an even tougher mental game.

middy
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Natsya :hearts: she looked so beautiful but can we plz start winning matches in straight sets again :fiery:

Wiggly
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:43 PM
At the end of 2nd set, she seems to don't care at all!

Spunky83
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Uhhhh....yahhhhh

Whatever, how was she playing? Seemed like her serve was at least working the most time? Also pretty good at the big points (which of course didn´t include the two MPs in the 2nd set)

alibaby
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:54 PM
yeah,nasty-baby!! :bounce: :kiss: i knew,you can do it!!keep on rumbling!! :kiss:

Boss monkey
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:56 PM
poor Laura :sad:

pigam
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:57 PM
wow spunky, you still had your fun tonight ;)
did you see hte pics of nastya on getty? she looks great out there :eek:

selyoink
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:59 PM
I'm just glad she wins. As long she wins I'll be somewhat happy. Her serve statistics were good except for in the second set. Maybe she will start winning in straight sets soon. Probably not this week though.

Spunky83
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:10 PM
wow spunky, you still had your fun tonight ;)
did you see hte pics of nastya on getty? she looks great out there :eek:

:D ...maybe tomorrow I get two straight sets wins;)

pigam
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:12 PM
:D ...maybe tomorrow I get two straight sets wins;)
or two tough threesetters :scared:

_LuCaS_
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:13 PM
She's burning herself out there with these 3 setters :(

Spunky83
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:14 PM
or two tough threesetters :scared:

U wanna kill me? :eek:

pigam
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:16 PM
U wanna kill me? :eek:
you know I don't :hug:
now nastya and Ju probably can't stand that they have to share an amzing fan like you, so they'll do anything to turn you away from one of them.
* olympics
* interview with Nastya about Ju's injuries
* Masters
* or simply handing you an over dosis of 3AM und J2H rollercoatser fun
:p

roxi
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:19 PM
She's like a cat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spunky83
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:20 PM
you know I don't :hug:
now nastya and Ju probably can't stand that they have to share an amzing fan like you, so they'll do anything to turn you away from one of them.
* olympics
* interview with Nastya about Ju's injuries
* Masters
* or simply handing you an over dosis of 3AM und J2H rollercoatser fun
:p

Ahhh...ahhh....not so quick!
I am not the only weirdo here...you have (had) a soft spot for her, Niktosrule, alibaby, middy, Greeny, Tennis_Freak67...lots more. I still think the Serena AND Justíne fans are the coolest :worship:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Nastya didnt give a shit after missing the easy forehand into the net at match point and lost the 2nd set. She slowly came back in the middle of the 3rd set with laura making errors

Spunky83
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Nastya didnt give a shit after missing the easy forehand into the net at match point and lost the 2nd set. She slowly came back in the middle of the 3rd set with laura making errors

Regarding that, nothing has changed. I remember the reason why my mum doesn´t like her is because she "always gets pissed and stops playing when something doesn´t work out...it´s a mystery to me how she can win at all".

It´s true but somehow she wins.

volta
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:34 PM
yay Nastya :woohoo:

Lennval
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:38 PM
laura is a good player, congrats Nastya!

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Nastya :D

fammmmedspin
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Uhhhh....yahhhhh

Whatever, how was she playing? Seemed like her serve was at least working the most time? Also pretty good at the big points (which of course didn´t include the two MPs in the 2nd set)

Her game is fine - it just turns up in various modes. serve was OK today. We started with the missing mode. Then we saw some games of top 5 play mixed in with some good stuff. Then she tried something flashy on match point and missed and then missed the other one too - at that point she went AWOL thinking about it and gave away the second set by spraying all over the place. Third set was interesting because she went somewhere nearer Nastya in zone and slowed down very slightly and became more deliberate. Nastya in zone is impressive and she can make people look silly - problem is she is still wandering away from it and getting sidetracked until the third set. If she can get her stress levels anywhere near normal she is going to be fine.

Spunky83
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:18 AM
Her game is fine - it just turns up in various modes. serve was OK today. We started with the missing mode. Then we saw some games of top 5 play mixed in with some good stuff. Then she tried something flashy on match point and missed and then missed the other one too - at that point she went AWOL thinking about it and gave away the second set by spraying all over the place. Third set was interesting because she went somewhere nearer Nastya in zone and slowed down very slightly and became more deliberate. Nastya in zone is impressive and she can make people look silly - problem is she is still wandering away from it and getting sidetracked until the third set. If she can get her stress levels anywhere near normal she is going to be fine.

THX!

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:26 AM
:D Nastya :eek: :mad:

She doesn't like to win str8 set matches? :confused:

:o C'mon Nastya! :bounce: :kiss: Goodluck. :hearts:

jacky90104
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Go Nastya :) :) :)

jacky90104
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Good Luck Nastya :) :) :)

Drimal
Aug 18th, 2005, 06:48 AM
WD Anastasia :yeah:

DomenicDemaria
Aug 18th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Typical Nastya! she can finish the match off in two, has MP in the 2nd and wins in a third! Well done anyway Nastya. Good Luck vs. Shinobu. I don't know who to go for. I like them both! I hate it when two of your favs play each other!

Portobello
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Congrats,Nastya :bounce:
never been easy for her so far :o
2 straight sets next round,I hope :D

JLDementieva
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:05 AM
YAY Nastya!!! hope for an easier win tomorrow! :yeah:

Task
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Anastasia :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

goldenlox
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Anastasia had just flown in from Sweden, and made it 11 wins in her last 13 matches.

Ryan
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Nastya played really well IMO, I was surprised at her level. She didn't hit a single ordinary winner all match, they were all ridiculously amazing. She smacked backhands down the line on the full stretch, hit beautiful drop volleys, fantastic passing shots and gorgeous baseline winners. Then there were the stupid errors, but I didn't pay attention to them.:p

Seriously though, Myskina played a very solid match overall, and looked much more confident then in the past 8 months. After being broken at 5-3 and wasting two match points, she gave Jens a thumbs up, so I don't really think she tanked the last part of the second set. Laura also played a great match, hitting hard low shots and made Nastya run her booty off. Her serve went AWOL once or twice, but it was vastly improved to RG, and better than at Wimbledon. AND, Nastya was possibly the fastest I've ever seen her.

goldenlox
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:20 PM
THE MODERATOR: Questions for Anastasia.

Q. A lot of unforced errors near the end of the second set. How did you turn it around for the third?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: You know, since Wimbledon I get used to play three sets. Almost every match I'm going for three sets. I don't really think about the score. I just know that I'm better.

I play pretty good match no matter what. Yeah, I miss the volley on match point. That's why I was really upset. But then I played good anyway.

Q. Your first match of the week. Nice to get three sets under your belt for fitness and the nerves?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Maybe. But we will see. Depends how it goes tomorrow. I'll tell you (smiling).

Q. In terms of nerves, she was coming in after playing in the first round. Is it difficult to kind of get match ready coming into a tournament when you have a bye?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No, because I played last week the whole week in Stockholm. Actually, I was ready for no matter what. I know Laura play a couple matches here. But I still was confident to come here and confident to play here.

Q. You mentioned you look at the score at the end of the match; you don't worry about individual sets or games. Were you at all worried after making that error on match point, after she tied things?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Well, yeah, a little bit, especially after this match point when I missed the volley. I was not nervous, but I was really upset. After this, I would think, "Now I might lose." So that would happen.

Q. You did get mad at yourself a couple times during the match. Threw your racquet down, seems like you were swearing at yourself in Russian. How do you use the self‑motivating techniques like that to get your game up?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Well, it's easy because I'm now 14 and I used to be No. 2. When you want to be come back, you want to be top 10 again. It's very easy to motivate you, it's easy to play because you want to be back, you want to be one of the best tennis players again.

Q. Do you need to do that kind of stuff during a match? Is it odd that you would get that angry at yourself or get that fired up?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: Well, I didn't think I was that angry today. I thought it was okay.

Q. Are we going to see an angrier Myskina later on?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: No (smiling).

Q. With your history of hard court success and defeats, what are you looking at in terms of improving getting ready for the US Open?

ANASTASIA MYSKINA: My serve definitely needs to improve. That's really actually what I've been struggling because I do double‑faults, especially the points I need to win. I guess that's the only one thing that I have to work pretty hard.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Laura didn't won cause she didn't believe hs could win...

frenchie
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Nastya played really well IMO, I was surprised at her level. She didn't hit a single ordinary winner all match, they were all ridiculously amazing. She smacked backhands down the line on the full stretch, hit beautiful drop volleys, fantastic passing shots and gorgeous baseline winners. Then there were the stupid errors, but I didn't pay attention to them.:p

Seriously though, Myskina played a very solid match overall, and looked much more confident then in the past 8 months. After being broken at 5-3 and wasting two match points, she gave Jens a thumbs up, so I don't really think she tanked the last part of the second set. Laura also played a great match, hitting hard low shots and made Nastya run her booty off. Her serve went AWOL once or twice, but it was vastly improved to RG, and better than at Wimbledon. AND, Nastya was possibly the fastest I've ever seen her.

Good to hear! :worship:
Thanx ;)

Harju.
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Allez Nastya. Good luck against Shino :aparty:

AlexB
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:25 PM
saw the match yesterday on delay....she missed an easy volley on match point in the second set 5-3 15-40, i mean hit it right in the net, then the game went to hell after that..it was a horrible miss that made me almost throw my remote at the tv...also we got some old school glares at jens and the chair umpire ....in the third set she came back to life...her movement was very good and she showed enough fight to win....now if we get the mental lapses under control we can see a us open run

myskinaLova
Aug 18th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Beautiful to see her back to playing the high quality of tennis that we all know she is capable of, spectacular and keep up the good work Nastya. :)