PDA

View Full Version : was Lindsay fined???

twight6
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Was lindsay fined for not playing during the Us Open Series!? I read it somewhere and i was just wondering if it was true, anyone?

lindsayno1
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:03 PM
her, maria and serena would have been...

RayRob
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:51 PM
But how can they and why should they fine them for being injured!? That's dumb if you ask me.

I mean, Lindsay was clearly injured....just had to see the score for the match she played against Groenefeld, as great as she is 5-0 against Lindsay is not easily acheived even by the best of players. Then Maria and her injury.....that's pretty serious as it's affecting her serve, and Serena wouldn't withdraw from a match if she could play. She hate pulling out part way through and event, i don't know what's happpened this time but she wouldn't give in easily like that for nothing.

Sounds to me like the WTA are wanting to rob money from the players like the British Government kills the pay checks of hard working people every week with Tax deductions and piles money on top of Petrol (gas) and makes up silly names for the reason like "Tax", "Duty", "air clearing charges", "environmentle tax", "administration costs"....yadda yadda yadda......before you know it, the WTA will be a world leader!

.....I'm sure this is written in the end times somewhere!

-Rache :wavey:

.ivy.
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:07 PM
But how can they and why should they fine them for being injured!? That's dumb if you ask me.

I mean, Lindsay was clearly injured....just had to see the score for the match she played against Groenefeld, as great as she is 5-0 against Lindsay is not easily acheived even by the best of players. Then Maria and her injury.....that's pretty serious as it's affecting her serve, and Serena wouldn't withdraw from a match if she could play. She hate pulling out part way through and event, i don't know what's happpened this time but she wouldn't give in easily like that for nothing.

Sounds to me like the WTA are wanting to rob money from the players like the British Government kills the pay checks of hard working people every week with Tax deductions and piles money on top of Petrol (gas) and makes up silly names for the reason like "Tax", "Duty", "air clearing charges", "environmentle tax", "administration costs"....yadda yadda yadda......before you know it, the WTA will be a world leader!

.....I'm sure this is written in the end times somewhere!

-Rache :wavey:

Doesn't matter.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, but there are Gold Players, Silver Players, etc. They get paid just to make a performance at a tournament. Lindsay, Maria, and Serena had already agreed to play and at the last minute pulled out. The Gold players that I can think of right now are Sharpy, Serena, and JHH.

The tournament already paid in advance for them to make an appearance.

I think it's only fair that they be fined.