ezekiel
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Yep

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Okay, you were faster. :mad: :lol:

Billabong
lol all the Canadians heard it at the same moment;)

Wiggly
:sad: :crying2: Just said it on Canadian TV :(

Yeah and French Canadians commentators said:

"It was predictable, but that means Pennetta or Serra Zanetti will be in 1/4, this is pathetic" :eek: :tape:

UDiTY
WHY!?

SERENA!:o

WhatTheDeuce
:(

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:36 PM
I'm glad. I don't want her playing on that knee if it's not strong enough. I don't want her having a career ending injury. PLEASE GET BETTER SERENA AND DON'T RUSH IT.

skanky~skanketta
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:36 PM
i want her to pull out of the USO. with so much lack of practice, i dont want her crashing out early.

Pengwin
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Whats wrong with her????????????????

kosmikgroove
well that blows for Cohen!

Paldias
Oh my god Pennetta/Serra-Zanetti in a Tier 1 QF :tape: :rolls:

SelesFan70
:eek:

Martian Jeza
What a surprise :eek:

honeyke
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:38 PM
I´m sorry for serena.did she withdraw coz of her knee?i don´t know what she has.

volta
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:40 PM
the Knee again right? :sad:

Marshmallow
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:42 PM
That's too bad. I saw clips of the match and knee aside, she didn't look that fit. If she can't play to win matches ... she knows what she's doing. I just hope she'll be ready for the USO.

*Sigh*

Wiggly
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:43 PM

If Serra Zanetti is in 1/4 that will be the shockiest moment of Toronto tournament ever :rolleyes:

alibaby
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:43 PM
That's too bad. I saw clips of the match and knee aside, she didn't look that fit. If she can't play to win matches ... she knows what she's doing. I just hope she'll be ready for the USO.

*Sigh*
yeah,thats tough for her...but shell be back,dont worry!best wishes,serena!! :)

serenafan08
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:45 PM
:tears: Bless her heart. She wanted to play so bad, but her body wouldn't let her. Rest up and come back strong for the US Open Serena! We love you!

hablo
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:45 PM
well she needs to get healthy again, so it's pretty logical for her to withdraw :shrug:

lionel
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Flavia can be in a tierI quartefinal, she's strong enough and she deserves it...

Ok, not Antonella, I agree...

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:48 PM
:sad: Serena...:bigcry: I also feel sorry for SCA...Serena should have just given it to her...:sad:

Lady
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Oh, no!!! :sad:
I was so hoping she'll continue. :(

Vaidisova
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Serena Williams Withdraws From Rogers

6 minutes ago

Serena Williams withdrew from the Rogers Cup on Wednesday with an injured left knee.

Williams, the No. 5 seed, defeated Stephanie Cohen-Aloro of France 3-6, 6-4, 6-2 in the second round of the WTA tournament on Tuesday.

But Williams struggled with her mobility on the court, often failing to get to balls well within her reach.

She had been sidelined since Wimbledon due to an injured left ankle.

"Because of my ankle injury I had to take some time off so my leg isn't as strong as it needs to be," Williams said in a release. "So the pain in my knee is a result of that."

Williams was the sixth top-20 player to withdraw from the event in the past week.

Top-seeded Russian star Maria Sharapova backed out Sunday due to a strained chest muscle while Williams' sister Venus, ranked ninth in the world, withdrew last week due to the flu.

No. 13-ranked Australian Alicia Molik and No. 16 Russian Elena Bovina also withdrew last week due to injury.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050817/ap_on_sp_te_ga_su/ten_toronto_masters_williams_out_1&printer=1;_ylt=AqDulCIwSMjRP02tnVMrhuzC9bQF;_ylu=X 3oDMTA3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bWE-

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:51 PM
They are falling like flies :eek:

alfonsojose
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Will she play at Pilot Pen then?

Derek.
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Rena :sobbing: Rest up!

aNYthing
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:54 PM
:sad: I was so close to getting her autograph....

ohh well, maybe in two years. At least I got to see her play live in box seats. :sad:

Geoffry
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Flavia can be in a tierI quartefinal, she's strong enough and she deserves it...

Ok, not Antonella, I agree...
Didn't Serra Zanetti reach the quarterfinal at a Grand Slam once? Or was that her sister?

Anyway, too bad for Serena. I was looking forward to see her play against Clijsters in the QF (presuming they both got there), but it's better to withdraw with such a nagging injury.

TYnis
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:00 PM
:fiery: :fiery: :sad:

I'm getting a little tired of Serena. She keeps on saying that she needs match play, but has withdrawn at all the opportunities. I understand she has injuries, but they seem to cause other injuries when she's not exercising or playing. Am I wrong to think this way? Isn't the knee injury this time caused by the ankle injury? She needs to get up on her feet and use her joints and muscles. ugggggggggggggrrrrrrh! She might as well retire and never play again if she doesn't try. I mean, what is she going to do now? Go home and rest, and weaken her knee some more, and then withdraw at the US Open?

I like Venus more and more everyday. :worship:

ampers&
:sobbing:

frenchie
If Serra Zanetti is in 1/4 that will be the shockiest moment of Toronto tournament ever :rolleyes:

Actually ASZ has been in a GS quaterfinal :rolleyes:
:wavey:

Slumpsova
i think this season is over for Serena :sad:

darrinbaker00

*Sigh*
If she wasn't fit enough to play this week, I don't see how another 12 days of inactivity will help matters any. I think Serena should shut it down for the rest of this year and come back strong in '06.

Deuce Court
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:05 PM
And I wanted to see a Kim-Serena encounter! Damn! :fiery:

lionel
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Actually ASZ has been in a GS quaterfinal :rolleyes:
:wavey:
Her sister Adriana did, not Antonella.
Her best GS result is a 3rd round this Wimbledon!

Martian Jeza
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:07 PM
They are falling like flies :eek:

Like your bad reps, I presume :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fifiricci
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Bollocks! I was really looking forward to a rare Kim Serena match up in the 1/4s :(

Blackbeat
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Rena ...Get well soon...:kiss:

ymmad
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Serena is one of the best one in the game. I just love that girl. Get well serena and hope to see you in the US Open. Yeah, baby!!!!!! :worship:

henree
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:17 PM
12 days time is not nearly enough to time to strengthen the knee enough to play a slam. I predict a 90% chance Serena will not play the U.S. Open. She looked slower last nite than she did when she went down to Craybas at Wimby. :sad:

lizchris
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:20 PM
I didn't thinik she would finish the tournament when I read she was havign trouble with her movement. :sad:

I hate to say this, but I think she will not play in the US Open. :bigcry:

SJW
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:26 PM
take the rest of the year off

Justeenium
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:27 PM
:woohoo:

Paneru
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:28 PM

I'm getting a little tired of Serena. She keeps on saying that she needs match play, but has withdrawn at all the opportunities. I understand she has injuries, but they seem to cause other injuries when she's not exercising or playing. Am I wrong to think this way? Isn't the knee injury this time caused by the ankle injury? She needs to get up on her feet and use her joints and muscles. ugggggggggggggrrrrrrh! She might as well retire and never play again if she doesn't try. I mean, what is she going to do now? Go home and rest, and weaken her knee some more, and then withdraw at the US Open?

Do you realize how utterly
stupid you sound?

How can you play if you
are injured? explain please.

Also, we've seen and heard that she has
been working on her fitness.

She going to go home and get therapy on her
knee and practice to try and be well for the US Open.

People bitch when she has to miss Slams and yet you
act moronic over her taking precaution to help her
knee and be well for the Slam.

Goodness! :yawn:

njnetswill
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:30 PM
I have mixed feelings about this. No comment.

henree
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:31 PM
You should be happy. Because if Serena would have been fit enough to play. She would have kicked both Belgian's A@@ off the court. :fiery:

DA FOREHAND
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Take the rest of the year off Serena, or end up more tennis roadkill.

Paneru
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Take the rest of the year off Serena, or end up more tennis roadkill.

Yeah, to have you and
others complain even more. :tape:

People bitch when she doesn't play, they
bitch when she plays hurt, they bitch,
they bitch, they bitch... :cool:

Serena will do what she has to
do and it'll take her where ever
it's meant to.

SelesFan70
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:35 PM

:lol: At least you're consistent. :lol:

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:36 PM
If she wasn't fit enough to play this week, I don't see how another 12 days of inactivity will help matters any. I think Serena should shut it down for the rest of this year and come back strong in '06.
I agree.

pigam
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:37 PM
This really sucks.
What is going on with serena? she simply doesn't heal properly?
This really sucks for her and her fans. I hope she plays the USopen, but in a way I hope she doesn't, so that she can finally come back properly. serena! come on!!!

@ justeenium you stupid troll :fiery: :rolleyes:

Marshmallow
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I hope she gets in better shape while she's out. She can work out i imagine, as she was able to walk and run during the match. To be honest i think there are positives. Serena was able to play and knows where her game is. She hit some GREAT winners. She's obviously been able to practice and train. So she can leave, work on fitness some more and be stronger for the USO. It's better she played and pulled out, than played and got injured or not played at all.

I read somewhere that the knee injury was a side-effect of the ankle. Don't ask me how. So perhaps a good few physio sessions could sort it out.

Right?....please agree... *clings to little hope*

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Like your bad reps, I presume :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, on you, a big piece of shit. :)

DragonFlame
awhhh, i was looking so forward to those upcoming meetings. too bad. rest well serena, Everyone pray for an all-belgiumfinal now!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Staticbeef
Rest up Baby Girl, we love you :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

pigam
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:40 PM
only question is: why did she play?
is the difference between practice and match so big? I hounestly don't know.
But I guess, indeed, she knows where she's at and she'll take the right decision.

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:40 PM
:lol: This is called fear and insecurity. Troll :rolleyes:

darrinbaker00
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:41 PM
12 days time is not nearly enough to time to strengthen the knee enough to play a slam. I predict a 90% chance Serena will not play the U.S. Open. She looked slower last nite than she did when she went down to Craybas at Wimby. :sad:
THAT bad? :eek: If that's true, then The Diva wouldn't be ready for the Open if she drank three BALCO milkshakes a day between now and the 29th. ;)

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Like your bad reps, I presume :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :haha:

Black Mamba.
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:43 PM
I think the biggest thing is that Serena tends to down play her injuries. Serena is probably more hurt than we all think that's why the recovery time has been so long.

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Yeah, to have you and
others complain even more. :tape:

People bitch when she doesn't play, they
bitch when she plays hurt, they bitch,
they bitch, they bitch... :cool:

Serena will do what she has to
do and it'll take her where ever
it's meant to.
Is that you Kabuke? :scared:

pigam
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:45 PM
THAT bad? :eek: If that's true, then The Diva wouldn't be ready for the Open if she drank three BALCO milkshakes a day between now and the 29th. ;)
:lol: u = funny ;)

ampers&
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:46 PM
I hope she gets in better shape while she's out.
She can work out i imagine, as she was able to walk and run during the match. To be honest i think there are positives. Serena was able to play and knows where her game is. She hit some GREAT winners. She's obviously been able to practice and train. So she can leave, work on fitness some more and be stronger for the USO. It's better she played and pulled out, than played and got injured or not played at all.

I read somewhere that the knee injury was a side-effect of the ankle. Don't ask me how. So perhaps a good few physio sessions could sort it out.

Right?....please agree... *clings to little hope*
:hug: I agree.
There is no way that Serena can expect to perform well at the USO if she continues to be in her current shape. She needs to take the year off, and prep for the Australian Open. First she needs to heal and then she needs to work out like she’s never worked out before.

Serena will be back next year. There’s a reason why she’s called the greatest fighter in the woman’s game. I’m going support her no matter what. Most champions go through a dry spell.
It’s how they rebound from that dry spell that shows the mark of a TRUE champion.
Venus did it at Wimbledon after 2 rough years.
Serena won AO, but has won only 1 of the 6 last grand slams she has played.
But she’ll be back next year.
I have faith...
:worship:Serena Williams:worship:

middy
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:46 PM

WTF whats the point in rushing it if her knee keeps buckling. Rena plz get well soon, this week was shaping so well with Rena and JuJu back :crying2:

flyingmachine
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:48 PM
@ justeenium you stupid troll :fiery: :rolleyes:
Well at least pigam learn something new today. :tape:

darrinbaker00
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Is that you Kabuke? :scared:
That's classified information, De..... :tape:

pigam
Well at least pigam learn something new today. :tape:
we already knwe that didn't we ;)
so if anyone has something new to learn me :p

flyingmachine
Damn! :banghead: This means no Serena vs Justine for this tournment. :(

ampers&
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:55 PM

:rolleyes:
If there is one thing I can't stand, it's fair-weather Williams sisters fans.
Even more aggravating is fair-weather fans who make moronic posts like this.
You sound like a complete ass.
Serena’s is damned if she do, damned if she don’t with some of you guys.
If she played with injury and that injury worsens, she’s stupid for playing.
If she takes time off to heal, people are aggravated that she’s not playing.
What the fuck was she supposed to do?
It fucking ridiculous. Some of you are absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Martian Jeza
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Yeah, on you, a big piece of shit. :)

You can't stay polite, isn't it ?

darrinbaker00
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:57 PM
I agree.
Of course you do. How many times must I tell you that I'm always right? ;)

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:59 PM
You can't stay polite, isn't it ?
Not to you. :)

Justeenium
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:59 PM
:rolleyes: this is a public board. If others can express how they feel about Serena's withdrawal so can I

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Of course you do. How many times must I tell you that I'm always right? ;)
Avoiding that last PM? :hehehe:

Stamp Paid
Damn I didnt want her to have all the pressure in Melbourne next year to either defend or be slamless, but thats what it looks like it will be.

selyoink
I hope she is okay for the Open but it is not looking all that promising for her.

lindsayno1
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:01 PM
god this is bad.....

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Damn I didnt want her to have all the pressure in Melbourne next year to either defend or be slamless, but thats what it looks like it will be.
I don't know, I have a feeling she will be fit for the US Open. I just don't want her to play with that knee.

getright
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:04 PM
I doubt she will be ready for the US Open. She said she practiced for three weeks before Toronto and she obviously isn't any better.

darrinbaker00
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Avoiding that last PM? :hehehe:
No, I'm just tired of fighting with you; I would much rather go at it with someone else. Where's that fool Cheesestix when you really need him? ;)

darrinbaker00
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:11 PM
I don't know, I have a feeling she will be fit for the US Open. I just don't want her to play with that knee.
I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, De, but why do you feel The Diva will be ready for the Open? If she can't play, she obviously can't practice, and if she can't practice, how is she going to get ready to play? Does Kerrie Brooks have a magic potion in her bag, and if so, is it undetectable?

TYnis
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:13 PM
This message is for those of you who started cursing and putting me down b/c I posted an opinion about Serena.

I like Serena very much and I'm new to this board. This is a forum in which I thought I could share my comments, but I didn't expect Serena fans to start acting all ghetto on me. I respect the sisters 110% and as a fan though, I want to see her play. Is that so wrong? If she's injured, she needs to stay out of the tournament in the first place.

Martian Jeza
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Not to you. :)

It conforts me in my thoughts about you :wavey:

Justine Fan
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:14 PM
WHY!?

SERENA!:o

Because Justine won 6-1, 6-3! :bolt: :)

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:16 PM
No, I'm just tired of fighting with you; I would much rather go at it with someone else. Where's that fool Cheesestix when you really need him? ;)
You have avoidance issues. :p

ampers&
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:16 PM
This message is for those of you who started cursing and putting me down b/c I posted an opinion about Serena.

I like Serena very much and I'm new to this board. This is a forum in which I thought I could share my comments, but I didn't expect Serena fans to start acting all ghetto on me. I respect the sisters 110% and as a fan though, I want to see her play. Is that so wrong? If she's injured, she needs to stay out of the tournament in the first place.
You’re not winning any points by calling Serena some fans “ghetto,” you moron.
And don’t try to backtrack now, because that’s not what you said in your original post.
You obviously don’t respect the sisters 110%.
You may respect Venus (after Wimbledon :rolleyes: ) 110%, but not an injured and out of shape Serena.

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:17 PM
I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, De, but why do you feel The Diva will be ready for the Open? If she can't play, she obviously can't practice, and if she can't practice, how is she going to get ready to play? Does Kerrie Brooks have a magic potion in her bag, and if so, is it undetectable?
It's called being hopeful. :)

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:19 PM

GHETTO??!! :(

Watch what you say and maybe next time, you won't get bitch slapped up in this piece!!

Now that's ghetto. ;)

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:19 PM
It conforts me in my thoughts about you :wavey:
Good. :wavey:

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:20 PM
troll :rolleyes:

TYnis
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:20 PM
M~M

I don't give a Fuck what you think. Why didn't you die yesterday from all those drugs you took watching Serena play. You're the Fuckin' Moron! Nobody is as fanatic as you, you psycho!

Fuck OFF!

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:22 PM
M~M

I don't give a Fuck what you think. Why didn't you die yesterday from all those drugs you took watching Serena play. You're the Fuckin' Moron! Nobody is as fanatic as you, you psycho!

Fuck OFF!
Psycho??!! :tape: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Martian Jeza
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:23 PM

Insulting someone of troll is making a fool of yourself

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:25 PM
WTF?? :scratch:

Rocketta
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:25 PM
awww Serena....get well babygirl! :tears:

Rocketta
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Denise don't bother trying to figure that one out. :lol:

Lemonskin.
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:26 PM
:haha:

Justine Fan
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:28 PM

Oh shut up - it was just a joke!!! :tape:

I never do bad posts, so that's why it was JUST A JOKE!!

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:29 PM

Oh you shut up. It was lame. :rolleyes:

Justine Fan
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:30 PM

Seems like they do that quite a lot on this board!

Justine Fan
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Oh you shut up. It was lame. :rolleyes:

So sue me!

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:32 PM
So sue me!
Not worth the paper, babe. ;)

Stamp Paid
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Seems like they do that quite a lot on this board!

Are there any Serena fan trolls in Justine' win thread. :confused:

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:37 PM
I don't know any to tell you the truth. But, as far as Serena fans go, I'm too interested in Serena to waste my time in a Justine ( :yawn: ) thread.

Stamp Paid
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:39 PM
I don't know any to tell you the truth. But, as far as Serena fans go, I'm too interested in Serena to waste my time in a Justine ( :yawn: ) thread.

Me neither, and lord knows how I dislike that particular tennis player.

darrinbaker00
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:40 PM
I think the biggest thing is that Serena tends to down play her injuries. Serena is probably more hurt than we all think that's why the recovery time has been so long.
Given what's transpired since she went down at Amelia Island (or was it Charleston? I don't quite remember), I would go so far as to say that Serena is more hurt than SHE thinks.

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Given what's transpired since she went down at Amelia Island (or was it Charleston? I don't quite remember), I would go so far as to say that Serena is more hurt than SHE thinks.
Then, she needs to get some better doctors to take care of her if they are not informing her of what and how serious her injuries are before she takes to the court. Obviously she wants to play and play badly. I think she wants to play so bad, she's taking this dangerous risk. But, I hope her mom and dad can talk some sense into her head and make her sit out and get well.

vwfan
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:49 PM
In 2003, Serena was pulling out of tournaments complaining about her knee and folks doubted her and then low and behold the girl had knee surgery. I mean goodness grief, she has to have surgery before people back off and believe that she is injured. She did the right thing by withdrawing and I don't think she would do it lightly. Afterall, she has had no preparation leading into a slam, was already in Toronto, and has said that she is trying desperately to get back into shape. Give the sista a break. Really!
Get well Serena, you have more slams in you.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Get well Serena. I hope that you take the rest of the year off just so you can get the strength back in the left leg. I don't want to see you coming back when you aren't fully fit because it the long run you will just make it worse. Come back at the Oz Open and destroy everyone in your path :hug:

Justeenium
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:00 PM

If justine had lost you'd see some willy fans there.

Brooks.
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:01 PM
:sad: .........Get well soon Rena :hug: ...........sadly i think the solution might be for her just to take a few months off.........but tennis completely and utterly sucks without her :sad:

Diesel
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:06 PM

It would still differ from the Justine fans or whomever who came in when Serena won and when Serena withdrew.

darrinbaker00
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Then, she needs to get some better doctors to take care of her if they are not informing her of what and how serious her injuries are before she takes to the court. Obviously she wants to play and play badly. I think she wants to play so bad, she's taking this dangerous risk. But, I hope her mom and dad can talk some sense into her head and make her sit out and get well.
Daddy Rich told her not to play Wimbledon, but did she listen? He might have to shoot her pinkie toe off this time. ;)

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:08 PM

Its difficult for me to believe that Serena doesn't already have the best sports medicine physicians overseeing her care at this point.

And from the sound of her explanation about how her ankle injury has affected her prior knee injury, it sounds very much like she's in close consultation with sports-related physician(s).

Considering how long it took her to come back from her knee injury (8 months), I seriously doubt she would risk permanent injury for the sake of "just playing". She is listening to her physicians, which is why she withdrew.

Diesel

Why would you think a Serena fan on a day when Serena had to withdraw due to injury would find your post funny? Why would any Serena fan want to laugh today about something serious like an injury and then to top it off, against a player that some Serena fans don't care to have mentioned ever :scratch:

darrinbaker00
Get well Serena. I hope that you take the rest of the year off just so you can get the strength back in the left leg. I don't want to see you coming back when you aren't fully fit because it the long run you will just make it worse. Come back at the Oz Open and destroy everyone in your path :hug:
Except Venus, of course..... ;)

Stamp Paid
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:09 PM

So what, we're doing what the Willy fans do now?

volta
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Serena didn't lost she withdrew because of Injurie dumbass. can't even get the point right :rolleyes:

ampers&
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:12 PM
M~M

Fuck OFF!
You idiot.
Do you actually think I did all those things???
Are you that naive?
*tries not to turn into icequeen...tries not to turn into icequeen...tries not to turn into icequeen*

__________________________________________________ _________
She got banned...:haha:

darrinbaker00
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Why would you think a Serena fan on a day when Serena had to withdraw due to injury would find your post funny? Why would any Serena fan want to laugh today about something serious like an injury and then to top it off, against a player that some Serena fans don't care to have mentioned ever :scratch:
Some Serena fans don't ever want to hear Stephanie Cohen-Aloro's name mentioned? :confused:

volta
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Some Serena fans don't ever want to hear Stephanie Cohen-Aloro's name mentioned? :confused:
Justine's name :lol:

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:15 PM
Its difficult for me to believe that Serena doesn't already have the best sports medicine physicians overseeing her care at this point.

And from the sound of her explanation about how her ankle injury has affected her prior knee injury, it sounds very much like she's in close consultation with sports-related physician(s).

Considering how long it took her to come back from her knee injury (8 months), I seriously doubt she would risk permanent injury for the sake of "just playing". She is listening to her physicians, which is why she withdrew.
Uhh Marjen, I was responding to darrin's tongue in cheek post about Serena not thinking her injury was as serious as it is. I was being facetious.

Justeenium
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Serena didn't lost she withdrew because of Injurie dumbass. can't even get the point right :rolleyes:

so, what's your point? If justine had lost, you'd still see willy fans there!

what does Serena's withdrawal have to do with it??

Sphenx=number 1 rena:retard:

Diesel
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:18 PM

Reading should be fundamental for you darrinbaker00. Justine was the player in question unless of course you follow along the same non-funny joke line that Justine Fan does.

volta
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:21 PM
so, what's your point? If justine had lost, you'd still see willy fans there!

what does Serena's withdrawal have to do with it??

Sphenx=number 1 rena:retard:
can't see the difference between a injurie and a match lost?! no Williams fan would go there and make fun of a injuried player (and even if they did u should think for yourself and stop trying to look like a kid that someone kick his ass and he is waiting for a chance to do the same ) but then again ur not even a Justine fan so why am i even trying to explain this :confused:

raquel
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Serena :sad: So frustrating for her :( Hopefully, somehow, she can get better for the Open but it's not a good build up at all. I really hope she gets to play the Open. It wouldn't be as good without her. We all said last year it will be great to get a Slam with the "old school" big 4 - Kim, Justine, Venus and Serena - all fit and playing well, so hopefully it will happen.

If Serena does play New Haven (doubtful I know), suddenly New Haven might end up with one of the best draws of the year with big names desperate for matches.

Stamp Paid
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:22 PM

www.rif.org (http://www.rif.com)

Edify your life.

:Rawwb:
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:23 PM
:woohoo: for my favorites Anastasia and Flavia

darrinbaker00
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Reading should be fundamental for you darrinbaker00. Justine was the player in question unless of course you follow along the same non-funny joke line that Justine Fan does.
You need to lighten up, my friend. First of all, I knew you were talking about Justine. Secondly, Serena has an injured knee, not AIDS or cancer. Lastly, THIS BOARD IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!! Relax. Take a deep breath. If you're not at work, go to your club or nearest public park and play a couple of sets. ;)

Diesel
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:33 PM
You need to lighten up, my friend. First of all, I knew you were talking about Justine. Secondly, Serena has an injured knee, not AIDS or cancer. Lastly, THIS BOARD IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!! Relax. Take a deep breath. If you're not at work, go to your club or nearest public park and play a couple of sets. ;)

I lighten up when people such as yourself learn to comprehend and really, read. If you can't do that, please don't take it upon yourself to tell me how I should act and what I should find funny or fun :)

darrinbaker00
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:37 PM
www.rif.org (http://www.rif.com)

Edify your life.
Thank you so much for your help, kind sir. ;)

RenaSlam.
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:41 PM
All I can say is THANK GOD...

...Please play the Open if your healthy enough Rena...it wont be the same w/o you...:sad:

beauty_is_pink
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:57 PM
this fucking sucks. seriously all these withdraws ALWAYS during the Canadian tournament. It sucks so bad. I feel as if players don't even wanna be in Canada :sobbing:

Denise4925
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:58 PM
this fucking sucks. seriously all these withdraws ALWAYS during the Canadian tournament. It sucks so bad. I feel as if players don't even wanna be in Canada :sobbing:
:lol: That's funny, but I'm sure it's not that.

DragonFlame
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:11 AM

believe me, this summer there are a lot of withdrawels besides canada as well :o

Paialii
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:45 AM
I just wanted to comment on something. :)

12 days is actually a really good (and quite long) period of time to take care of the knee. The knee itself isn't severely injured, it's simply sore and maybe slightly tweaked. This is something that 12 days of proper care (and she receives the best care available) should be able to fix up. She won't be playing Pilot Pen, however I see no reason at this point why she wouldn't enter the US Open, UNLESS the injury/injuries become worse.

It's too bad that her body just isn't cooperating with her. It takes an extremely mentally and emotionally strong person to deal with the constant injuries she's had. It's tough to go through that when you have absolutely no control over it. And while "taking the rest of the year off to prepare for 06" would SOUND like a good idea, it's not, unless her injuries directly forced her to. There's a long time between now and 06. She's more likely to get seriously injured by waiting that long before her next match than playing at the US Open. Match movement is MUCH different than regular practice movement.

I have no doubts that Serena will become fit enough to compete at the Open and get back into shape for the rest of the year. It's too bad that she couldn't finish this tournament, however risking the rest of the year for this tournament isn't worth it. Get better soon, Rena! :)

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:51 AM
Serena Williams Withdraws From Rogers

6 minutes ago

Serena Williams withdrew from the Rogers Cup on Wednesday with an injured left knee.

Williams, the No. 5 seed, defeated Stephanie Cohen-Aloro of France 3-6, 6-4, 6-2 in the second round of the WTA tournament on Tuesday.

But Williams struggled with her mobility on the court, often failing to get to balls well within her reach.

She had been sidelined since Wimbledon due to an injured left ankle.

"Because of my ankle injury I had to take some time off so my leg isn't as strong as it needs to be," Williams said in a release. "So the pain in my knee is a result of that."

Williams was the sixth top-20 player to withdraw from the event in the past week.

Top-seeded Russian star Maria Sharapova backed out Sunday due to a strained chest muscle while Williams' sister Venus, ranked ninth in the world, withdrew last week due to the flu.

No. 13-ranked Australian Alicia Molik and No. 16 Russian Elena Bovina also withdrew last week due to injury.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050817/ap_on_sp_te_ga_su/ten_toronto_masters_williams_out_1&printer=1;_ylt=AqDulCIwSMjRP02tnVMrhuzC9bQF;_ylu=X 3oDMTA3MXN1bHE0BHNlYwN0bWE-

She should just skip US Open and concentrate on getting healthy 100%

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:54 AM

Agreed.
Maybe she should seek another doctor's opinion, because the prescribed rehabilitation/physical therapy has not been working

Stamp Paid
Aug 18th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Im becoming skeptical of the individuals who say 'take the rest of the year off' and what their motives are...(well, not Denise, but the others)

Anyway, even if she misses the USO, the year is NOT over. If she can get herself right, she can still tear up the indorr season (or at least get a few good wins and win a tournie or two) and play (and WIN again) the YEC, and go into Melbourne next year with some momentum. I dont want her to be at Melboune, trying to defend or be slamless again, not having played a competitive match in 5 months.

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:03 AM

Well said. However, after Wimbledon I though she had realized that it was serious.
To be candid, I think she needs to revamp the entire recovery/rehabilitation process. Because it has not been working so far. Think about it, no progress has been made since Wimbledon.

One of two things may be occuring

WRONG diagnosis, therefore wrong treatment is being followed
Right dignosis, treatment prescribed not being followed according to doctors order

Brooks.
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:06 AM
Im becoming skeptical of the individuals who say 'take the rest of the year off' and what their motives are...(well, not Denise, but the others)

Anyway, even if she misses the USO, the year is NOT over. If she can get herself right, she can still tear up the indorr season (or at least get a few good wins and win a tournie or two) and play (and WIN again) the YEC, and go into Melbourne next year with some momentum. I dont want her to be at Melboune, trying to defend or be slamless again, not having played a competitive match in 5 months.

I agree with this.......a Yec title to go with her aussie win will still make for a great year.......she has time to get ready for the indoor season......i actually think Serena might try to play the Open though......I trust she knows whats best for her and that maybe this withdraw is just to give her a little for more time....Serena I think really wants that Open title

Paialii
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Well said. However, after Wimbledon I though she had realized that it was serious.
To be candid, I think she needs to revamp the entire recovery/rehabilitation process. Because it has not been working so far. Think about it, no progress has been made since Wimbledon.

Right dignosis, threatment prescribed not being follwed according to doctors order

The likely cause for this is because the injuries she has are lingering ones; ones that may feel fine for a while and then flare up again. It just takes longer (longer than what she wants to sit out for) to get them healed. Her knee isn't torn/strained, it lacks its usual and needed strength. She can build that up and she should be good to go.

Let's not turn a puddle into an ocean here (and tennisbum79, this isn't directed towards you specifically or anything ;)), her knee was the result of the ankle, which is now healed. The knee should be fine by the time the Open rolls around; I've had just about the same injury and not as good treatment and I was good to go in two weeks. Andy Roddick tweaked/sprained I think his ankle earlier this year, took ten days off and it was good to go.

Serena will likely rest for a couple of days and then begin strength training on the knee to build it up. I'm still positive in that she'll play the Open and be moving well. :)

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:12 AM

I don't think she will be ready by the US Open. I think the danger here is that if she keeps attempting to come back before she is 100 %, each re-injury makes it harder to completely recover. It is also psychogically taxing on her confidence.

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by tennisbum79

Right dignosis, treatment prescribed not being follwed according to doctors order

The likely cause for this is because the injuries she has are lingering ones; ones that may feel fine for a while and then flare up again. It just takes longer (longer than what she wants to sit out for) to get them healed. Her knee isn't torn/strained, it lacks its usual and needed strength. She can build that up and she should be good to go.

Let's not turn a puddle into an ocean here (and tennisbum79, this isn't directed towards you specifically or anything ;)), her knee was the result of the ankle, which is now healed. The knee should be fine by the time the Open rolls around; I've had just about the same injury and not as good treatment and I was good to go in two weeks. Andy Roddick tweaked/sprained I think his ankle earlier this year, took ten days off and it was good to go.

Serena will likely rest for a couple of days and then begin strength training on the knee to build it up. I'm still positive in that she'll play the Open and be moving well. :)

I respectfully diagree. I think think this is more serious than you think.
Why else only little progress has been made since Wimbledon?
I hope you are right. Coming back too soon may start a cycle of re-injuries which can make thing worse as each new injury makes it harder to recover 100%.
Even if she feels she is ready for the US Open, I still think she should skip it to avoid all the pressure such big occasion will bring on her.
The ideal situation is to come back in a non-slam tournament.

Mr Snuggles
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:34 AM
I wouldn't class myself as a Serena fan, but I really wanted her to be fit and playing well ready for the USO. The tournament would benefit with her participation, she certainly provides plenty of drama. I hope Serena sorts out her fitness and injury problems soon.

Denise4925
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:44 AM
I'm so torn. Tennisbumm and Paialii make such good points. I just hope that it's not a lingering and damaging injury and that it's like Paialii says that she just needs to strengthen that knee. She needs to lose some more weight before the Open to take some pressure off that knee and I think she will be okay. I don't care about her winning the Open at this point, I just don't want her to fatally injure that knee in the matches.

Martian Jeza
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:57 AM
Not a wonder she has current injuries ! She's now paying back how exaggerated she build her body ! She wanted to take risk, now she pays it ! And I don't think she eats healty either !

I prefer to be slamless and stay healthy then many slams or majors on my palmares and destroying my body.

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:02 AM
I'm so torn. Tennisbumm and Paialii make such good points. I just hope that it's not a lingering and damaging injury and that it's like Paialii says that she just needs to strengthen that knee. She needs to lose some more weight before the Open to take some pressure off that knee and I think she will be okay. I don't care about her winning the Open at this point, I just don't want her to fatally injure that knee in the matches.

Denise, I am as torn as you are, I just don't show it.
Now seriously, I am really concerned about the long term impact of re-injury.

Two more reasons I don't want her come back in the US Open:

Not only is this a long tournament, but it takes a lot energy. I am afraid the competitive side of Serena will take over her best instinct and judgement and play with total abandon, therefore risking another injury. Remember Serena has not played a tournament since Wimbledon
If she is not serena-standard match-ready ,I am worried what an early exit like Wimbledon would do to Serena psychologially. Remember the emotion she let out after her loss in Wimby.

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:06 AM
Not a wonder she has current injuries ! She's now paying back how exaggerated she build her body ! She wanted to take risk, now she pays it ! And I don't think she eats healty either !

I prefer to be slamless and stay healthy then many slams or majors on my palmares and destroying my body.

Where did you get all this info about exaggerated body building and unhealthy eating habits? Was it written about somewhere and I miss it?

Denise4925
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:08 AM

You're such an idiotic troll :rolleyes:

Martian Jeza
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:08 AM
Where did you get all this info about exaggerated body building and unhealthy eating habits? Was it written about somewhere and I miss it?

A good mate of me at the soccer, explained me that ! If you have a good eating habits : you have less chances to have current injuries or long term injuries !

Martian Jeza
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:09 AM
You're such an idiotic troll :rolleyes:

Do you have other argumentation then this ? Oh no, You don't have, I forgot.

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:10 AM

:lol: Stupid Troll. :rolleyes:

Denise4925
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Do you have other argumentation then this ? Oh no, You don't have, I forgot.
Again, not for you. You're not worth it.

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:11 AM
A good mate of me at the soccer, explained me that ! If you have a good eating habits : you have less chances to have current injuries or long term injuries !
So you don't for fact waht you are stating.
You are just speculating. Is that right?
Don't you think you should have mentioned that as a disclosure.
Because from reading your post , it sounds like facts.

Martian Jeza
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Again, not for you. You're not worth it.

Yeah, I'm worthless for you which make me proud.

Martian Jeza
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:12 AM
So you don't for fact waht you are stating.
You are just speculating. Is that right?
Don't you think you should have mentioned that as a disclosure.
Because from reading your post , it sounds like facts.

That are facts and I don't tell you bullshit.

Denise4925
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:13 AM
I'm glad. It's good you have something to be proud of. :cool:

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:18 AM
That are facts and I don't tell you bullshit.

No, you just admitted yourelf that they are not facts as far as Serena is concerned. Your friend made an observation and you infer from that that Serena must fit the profile in your friend observation.

Martian Jeza
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:19 AM
No, you just admitted yourelf that they are not facts as far as Serena is concerned. Your friend made an observation and you infer from that that Serena must fit the profile in your friend observation.

Oh I missunderstood you ! But that are possibilities.

Chunchun
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:22 AM
:o :sad:

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:22 AM

I am glad we clear that up with civility.

Stamp Paid
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:24 AM

Say "those" instead of "that".

Im not making fun of you, I just know how challenging mastering a language thats not your own can be. Im still struggling with how to use celle, celui, celui-la, ceux, etc.

Martian Jeza
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:24 AM
I am glad we clear that up with civility.

No Problem : With all my pleasure :wavey:

Martian Jeza
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:25 AM
Say "those" instead of "that".

Im not making fun of you, I just know how challenging mastering a language thats not your own can be. Im still struggling with how to use celle, celui, celui-la, ceux, etc.

I also mix dutch with english : great thing

Stamp Paid
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:26 AM
I also mix dutch with english : great thing

Can you explain to me how to use ceux, celui, etc. ?

Martian Jeza
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:30 AM

I will show you some examples but it's night time and I don't have my mind for a French lesson :p

Munchen
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:30 AM
:sad: Take some serious time off Serena! :fiery:

Get well soon. :D

Stamp Paid
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:34 AM
I will show you some examples but it's night time and I don't have my mind for a French lesson :p

ok some other time then? :D

Martian Jeza
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:34 AM
ok some other time then? :D

No problem ! :wavey:

vogus
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:41 AM
Serena took one for the team, i'm sure she would have preferred to withdraw before the start of the tournie, but the wta REALLY needed her to at least make an appearance. If Serena hadn't shown up, it would have been like that Guns and Roses concert where people went out in the streets and started overturning cars and stuff.

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:43 AM
Leave that poor denise thing alone... :haha:

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:45 AM

ceux - plural, maculin - These (ones)/Those (ones) - ceux-ci/ceux-la
celles = plural, feminin - These (ones)/Those (ones) - celles-ci/celles-la
celui - singular masculin This (one)/That (one) - celui-ci/celui-la
celle = singular , femininu -This (ones)/That (one) - celle-ci/celle-la

Cet - singular masculin - this/that
Cette - singular feminin - this/that

ces - These/those - gender neutral

Stamp Paid
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:52 AM
ceux - plural, maculin - These (ones)/Those (ones) - ceux-ci/ceux-la
celles = plural, feminin - These (ones)/Those (ones) - celles-ci/celles-la
celui - singular masculin This (one)/That (one) - celui-ci/celui-la
celle = singular , femininu -This (ones)/That (one) - celle-ci/celle-la

Cet - singular masculin - this/that
Cette - singular feminin - this/that

ces - These/those - gender neutral

Saving this now.

Thank you. :wavey:

Cam'ron Giles
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:55 AM
Damn...only a Williams or Sharapova Popova Williamsova withdrawing can produce a five page thread...:eek:

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:59 AM
Damn...only a Williams or Sharapova Popova Williamsova withdrawing can produce a five page thread...:eek:

Not a Heninista, vonaWINKabitch or ClijstARIA ? :confused:

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:04 AM
Saving this now.

Thank you. :wavey:

French is very difficultto learn as second language. If one did not grow up speaking the language, it is hard to figure out, outside of creatures (human, animals), what is feminin or masculin; or what rules, if any, govern the assignment of a gender to inanimated objects.

Another reason which make people self conscious about leaning French as second lnaguage, is that unlike the English or the American, the French are not as tolerant about their language not being spoken or written as they expect.
You get no point for trying.

Denise4925
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:33 AM
Leave that poor denise thing alone... :haha:
:retard: You're an idiot because it wasn't even insulting to me. I don't even think he meant it to be. How old are you anyway? Goodness what a moron.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:36 AM
No problem ! :wavey:

But he's a Williams fan. You hate all Williams fans remember?? Why help someone you hate???

Portobello
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:51 AM
wow,surprise news
I hope she'll be ready for NY,i don't want it be so suck this year
hope all injured player be ok:)

Dan23
Aug 18th, 2005, 05:37 AM
Serena took one for the team, i'm sure she would have preferred to withdraw before the start of the tournie, but the wta REALLY needed her to at least make an appearance. If Serena hadn't shown up, it would have been like that Guns and Roses concert where people went out in the streets and started overturning cars and stuff.
Yea that may have been the case...its disappointing for her to be continually setback :(

Rub
Aug 18th, 2005, 05:48 AM
i hope she's okay for the us open!

Denise4925
Aug 18th, 2005, 06:03 AM
I think that the reality show really helped people see that she was injured and that she really desires to play. It also shows how hard it is for her emotionally when she can't play for reasons out of her control. So, I'm glad to see the support from other fans in here.

GO WILLIAMS :bounce:

Ceecor
Aug 18th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Serena Williams has gone from 7-1 to 10-1 in the markets for the uso.

Couver
Aug 18th, 2005, 06:11 AM

Wow that's good to know. Make sure you take this vital information to a lot of threads then. I mean you should definetly tell Martina Hingis fans about this, it could explain her longterm injury and retirement. Also I'd suggest telling Justine fans too, I mean she was out for a long time too and she still struggles with current injuries. Don't forget Jennifer, Lindsay, Maria, Kim, the list goes on.

I do hope you notify all these players fans. But thank you for telling Serena fans first. It just proves how much you love us and Serena :kiss:

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 06:31 AM
Wow that's good to know. Make sure you take this vital information to a lot of threads then. I mean you should definetly tell Martina Hingis fans about this, it could explain her longterm injury and retirement. Also I'd suggest telling Justine fans too, I mean she was out for a long time too and she still struggles with current injuries. Don't forget Jennifer, Lindsay, Maria, Kim, the list goes on.

I do hope you notify all these players fans. But thank you for telling Serena fans first. It just proves how much you love us and Serena :kiss:

Be nice to Martian CFC. I had a little talk (few posts) with her/him and to her/his credit Martian CFC understood that her/his post was purely speculative at best and has no relation to Serena. Martian CFC even grudgingly retracted the post when s/he saw the light or the absurdity of his/her assertion.

Ceecor
Aug 18th, 2005, 06:34 AM

I am not sure if diet would be the cause with the top players , i am pretty sure they would have trainers ,dietitions etc on hand(prolly to many lol)
BUT...
we only said the other day...there seems to be a lot of injuries. i havent seen this many in such a small space of time in a non-contact sport. Not just in the top 10 players but all over the major rankings.

Wombat
Aug 18th, 2005, 06:34 AM
awful season

Ceecor
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:05 AM
awful season

mens as well....the other week i was looking and saw fish and dent to play....by match time they had both withdrawn due to some injury.
Speculation:
players are over commiting themselves and adopting the "see-how-i-feel" to much.
Other than that i cant see why.

pigam
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Justine's beauty does the same thing ;)

Dasha_
Aug 18th, 2005, 11:08 AM
:sad: :bigcry: :crying2:

I am so sad....

Not the injuries again...

Get well soon, Serena. :kiss:

I have some kind of consolidation – if Ana wins against Kim, then I could cheer for her in the QF.

Staticbeef
Aug 18th, 2005, 01:29 PM

:worship: :worship: :worship: Besides, I have to see her at least once this year, oh thats right, I seen her at the book signing, well I mean playing all the way live. :wavey: Thanks for the shout out, you the MAN :wavey:

DA FOREHAND
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:36 PM

I wish people would get a clue, Serena is a naturally buff young woman, she's never been a stick figure and probably never will be a size 4.

Martina Hingis was/is a small young woman, did she "exaggerated" her build? Is that why she had foot problems? D.A!!

Mother_Marjorie
Aug 18th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Uhh Marjen, I was responding to darrin's tongue in cheek post about Serena not thinking her injury was as serious as it is. I was being facetious.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I sometimes get confused trying to keep up with the conversations. :lol: :lol:

I'm just hopeful that Serena can play at the US Open healthy. The US Open isn't the same when she's not playing, or with remarkable injury. I say the same about Jennifer as well. Having both of them playing would be great, even though they would probably meet in the quarterfinals :eek:

However, Serena talking about her knee in the same sentence as her ankle gave me very negative vibes. And if Serena herself is talking about it, its most certainly a concern for her.

I would love to see a great match between Serena and Maria in the US Open Finals. An all-out cat fight in front of millions of spectators world wide.

GogoGirl
Aug 18th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Hey All,

I'm sorry to hear of Serena's knee. Isn't it the same one where she had the surgery? Knee and shoulder injuries are nothing to play with. I had a problem w/mine last year around this time. I had to wear a knee brace at times. I also had a knot behind it, and the doctor advised me to think about electing outpatient surgery, where they'd drain the knee. He also gave me some inflammatory medicine. After a couple of months, the knot went away. Needless to say, I'm glad I didn't get the surgery. I would suspect that after one has any type of surgery, that area will never be the same. It can heal 100 percent, but whatever made it necessary for the surgery in the first place, could come back again.

It is sad to see soooooooooooo many players playing injured, pulling out of tournies and what not. Not one of us have such concerns as these athletes do as it pertains to injuries, so I could never understand when some say, they should go on and play - or should not have shown up - and so on. Serena had every right to test herself and her knee, and surely that bad boy tightened up on her after her match, and/or was sore from the get go. Surely, when a player plays tentatively because of a injury or the thought that they could aggravate it further is never a good omen. She did the right thing IMO, and just like Maria did. Kim and Justine were out for most of last year, and neither were pressured to come back too soon. We should give Serena the same respect, and just as we're giving Jen and Lindsay. These ladies are big time. They know their bodies, and especially know what their comfort levels are. They all deserve a break today.

Anyway, hopefully, Maria and Serena will be back for the US Open, and along w/Lindsay and the others.

Experimentee
Aug 18th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Serena :sad:
Get well soon!

DevilishAttitude
Aug 19th, 2005, 11:31 AM
What a Shock that was :rolleyes:

Serena's making no attempts to get fit clearly. Her ankle injury isn't as serious as she makes it out to be. Put it this way if Venus had this injury it would have been sorted a long time ago.

Serena's to be getting *Fame* to try and get fit :o

Staticbeef
Aug 19th, 2005, 11:43 AM
:wavey: Thank you Canada, had no Idea, you guys liked Serena, up there.

Rogers Cup Casualties Mount
By BEVERLEY SMITH

Thursday, August 18, 2005

TORONTO -- The $1.3-million (U.S.) Rogers Cup lost yet another of its stars yesterday when Serena Williams pulled out with an injury.

Nobody was surprised. The 23-year-old American was tennis player obviously in distress when she toughed out a win against Stéphanie Cohen-Aloro of France Tuesday.

Williams's withdrawal is the latest in a string of pullouts that has Tennis Canada concerned about its ticket sales for the rest of the week.

"The walk-up is driven by the stars and by the fans and who they want to see," tournament director Stacey Allaster said. "It will have an impact for the diehard Serena Williams fans."

Maria Sharapova of Russia, who will become the world's No. 1 player on Monday, withdrew last weekend with a pectoral muscle injury. She's the star of the moment. Mary Pierce, seeded eighth at this event, withdrew on Monday. Williams pulled out yesterday, and with the withdrawal went one of the big personalities in the sport. Last week's No. 1 player, Lindsay Davenport, isn't playing because of injury.

Several other top-seeded players have struggled through their first matches, but they have held on. After last night's play, 16 players remain in the tournament and among them are six of the top 10 players in the world, including Amélie Mauresmo of France (No. 3), Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia (No. 4), Justine Henin-Hardenne of Belgium (No. 5) and Nadia Petrova of Russia (No. 9). Not all of them have the crowd appeal of Williams or Sharapova, however.

Kim Clijsters of Belgium (No. 10) won her first match last night against Virginie Razzano of France, ranked No. 39 in the world. Razzano hasn't won any tour titles in her career; Clijsters has won five this year, more than any player. The Belgian has won $10-million (all figures U.S.) in her career and is a former No. 1 player.

And there are some promising young players as well: Nicole Vaidisova of the Czech Republic is a tall 16-year-old with immense promise, ranked No. 32 in the world; and Ana Ivanovic of Serbia (No. 19) defeated Mauresmo at the French Open this year.

Ivanovic won her match against Marion Bartoli of France yesterday with more difficulty, 4-6, 7-6 (5), 7-6 (3).

Vaidisova defeated world No. 15 Nathalie Dechy of France 6-2, 6-4. Two Chinese players remaining in the tournament, Li Na (No. 45) and Zheng Jie (No. 70), will provide interest as China pulls out all the stops to try to leave a good impression at the Beijing Olympics. Zheng became the first Chinese woman to reach a Grand Slam fourth round last year and the first Chinese woman to hit the top 50. She also showed up at the Athens Olympics, perhaps with the Beijing Games in mind.

Even with Williams out of the game, the draw is still balanced with top talent. It's possible that three former Grand Slam winners could make the quarter-finals tomorrow.

On one side, Henin-Hardenne could meet Mauresmo in the quarter-finals, a contest that would be first-rate. Clijsters could meet Kuznetsova, last year's U.S. Open winner, in the other draw.

As for Williams, she said yesterday in a statement that she was unable to continue because of pain in her left knee.

"Because of my ankle injury, I had to take some time off, so my leg isn't as strong as it needs to be," she said. "The pain in my knee is a result of that."

Williams said her therapist did extensive testing on her knee and "the knee just isn't 100 per cent. It's hard to be out there when you know you can't play at your best and could potentially make it worse."

She plans to return to Florida and try to prepare for the U.S. Open, scheduled for Aug. 29 to Sept. 11 in New York.

Allaster said Tennis Canada is disappointed with Williams's withdrawal. Williams fired up the large crowd at Centre Court on Tuesday. "The fans really came out for her," Allaster said. "She's a very exciting player to watch. We were hoping that she'd wake up this morning and that it would be a little bit better, but it's not. It's nowhere near 100 per cent."

In light of the injury, Allaster said she appreciated that Williams continued to play on Tuesday, even after losing the first set and appearing distraught at not being able to run after the ball.

"I think it was a Serena we all admired and respected," she said. "It would have been very easy for her to have retired early in that match. But she really worked through it.

Lets face it, she is a show starter and stopper