PDA

View Full Version : My Top Seven Moments at the Rogers Cup

Geisha
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:45 AM
Hey everybody,

As some of you know, I have been attending the Rogers Cup from Saturday to today (Tuesday) and I thought it would be cool to compile a list of my Top Seven Moments. Here are the Top Seven:

#1 SPEAKING WITH MARTINA NAVRATILOVA

Wow! This was one of the best moments of my life in tennis. I watched her practice with probably 200 people on Court One on Monday evening. Martina was very animated and funny while practicing and she was putting on a show for the spectators. My moment comes when Martina was gathering up some tennis balls near the fence, where all of the spectators were taking pictures. I said, "Martina, you rock!" and Martina responded with, "Thanks!". Then, I proceeded to say, "Martina, teach me how to volley!" and she answered with, "Depends, how much money do you have? And how many years do you have?" :lol: :lol: So many people in the crowd started laughing and she has really made me become a big fan of hers.

#2 WATCHING SERENA WILLIAMS

I didn't think I would be so star-struck when I saw Serena, but...I was. Jahrim, Daffodil, and I were waiting for her on an outside practice court and she wasn't showing up, so I offered to go see if she was playing on Center Court. I ran to Center Court and saw her and my heart started beating really fast, so I ran back to Jahrim and we ran back to Center Court and watched her. She hits the ball really, really hard and we also so Richard. I ended up staying for her match and even though she played terribly, I couldn't comprehend that I was watching one of my favourite tennis players play. It was truly awesome!

#3 MEETING SESIL KARATANCHEVA

Sesil is incredible. I saw her on Sunday or Monday, I'm not sure. When she finished her practice session, she came outside and started signing autographs and she was telling stories and making people laugh. One thing I will say about her is that she is so much prettier in person than what she shows in pictures. She has a big bright smile and she was really warm. I asked her for a picture and she gave one to me and I will be sure to post it soon! I am a big fan of Sesil now!

#4 MEETING TRACY AUSTIN

Oh my Gosh! Meeting Tracy Austin was insane. My brother and I were waiting in the hallway for us to be allowed into Center Court to watch Serena's match and a blonde lady came through and was about to go into a room when I yeld, "TRACY!" Tracy was like, "Yeah?" and I just started screaming. And I was like, "Oh my God, I can't believe it. Oh my God!" She asked how we were and then was like, "Are you twins?" and we were like, "Yeah!" When she left that room later on she said bye to us! She is really warm in person- I really liked her.

#5 WINNING PRIZES

Prizes, prizes, prizes. My brother and I have been playing these tennis games and we have won a bundle of things. We would have to serve and hit a target, or volley and hit a prize or something like that and so far, since Saturday, we have won three cans of tennis balls and a Rogers Cup towel. It has been so hilarious!

#6 WATCHING AI SUGIYAMA

Ai is so kind! We wished her good luck this week and we proceeded to watch her practice. She hits consistently deep and hard and her mom must be the cutest thing ever. She was really a cutie and so was her daughter. If Ai hits as hard as I saw her, I can't imagine how hard Lindsay or Venus hit and I wonder how hard Hingis used to hit. But, Ai was really a treat to watch.

#7 WATCHING JUSTINE HENIN-HARDENNE

I also saw Justine Henin-Hardenne practicing. She really hustles out there and she gives every shot her all. She showed me what it was like to be a Champion on the Professional Women's Tour and I was really impressed with how hard and deep she hits her shots. It was nice to watch!

Although I have some great moments, I also have a couple of crappy moments. Here are a couple more "crappy" moments at the Rogers Cup:

#1 TATIANA GOLOVIN IS A MEANIE!

I said, "Good luck, Tatiana", "Hey Tatiana!", "Best of Luck, Tatiana" and I got nothing. She didn't even smile when she was signing autographs.

#2 WATCHING CANADIANS GET SMUTHERED.

Ugh.

RenaSlam.
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:48 AM
Great read, thanks for posting this.

ivanovic
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:51 AM
Hey everybody,

As some of you know, I have been attending the Rogers Cup from Saturday to today (Tuesday) and I thought it would be cool to compile a list of my Top Seven Moments. Here are the Top Seven:

#1 SPEAKING WITH MARTINA NAVRATILOVA

Wow! This was one of the best moments of my life in tennis. I watched her practice with probably 200 people on Court One on Monday evening. Martina was very animated and funny while practicing and she was putting on a show for the spectators. My moment comes when Martina was gathering up some tennis balls near the fence, where all of the spectators were taking pictures. I said, "Martina, you rock!" and Martina responded with, "Thanks!". Then, I proceeded to say, "Martina, teach me how to volley!" and she answered with, "Depends, how much money do you have? And how many years do you have?" :lol: :lol: So many people in the crowd started laughing and she has really made me become a big fan of hers.

#2 WATCHING SERENA WILLIAMS

I didn't think I would be so star-struck when I saw Serena, but...I was. Jahrim, Daffodil, and I were waiting for her on an outside practice court and she wasn't showing up, so I offered to go see if she was playing on Center Court. I ran to Center Court and saw her and my heart started beating really fast, so I ran back to Jahrim and we ran back to Center Court and watched her. She hits the ball really, really hard and we also so Richard. I ended up staying for her match and even though she played terribly, I couldn't comprehend that I was watching one of my favourite tennis players play. It was truly awesome!

#3 MEETING SESIL KARATANCHEVA

Sesil is incredible. I saw her on Sunday or Monday, I'm not sure. When she finished her practice session, she came outside and started signing autographs and she was telling stories and making people laugh. One thing I will say about her is that she is so much prettier in person than what she shows in pictures. She has a big bright smile and she was really warm. I asked her for a picture and she gave one to me and I will be sure to post it soon! I am a big fan of Sesil now!

#4 MEETING TRACY AUSTIN

Oh my Gosh! Meeting Tracy Austin was insane. My brother and I were waiting in the hallway for us to be allowed into Center Court to watch Serena's match and a blonde lady came through and was about to go into a room when I yeld, "TRACY!" Tracy was like, "Yeah?" and I just started screaming. And I was like, "Oh my God, I can't believe it. Oh my God!" She asked how we were and then was like, "Are you twins?" and we were like, "Yeah!" When she left that room later on she said bye to us! She is really warm in person- I really liked her.

#5 WINNING PRIZES

Prizes, prizes, prizes. My brother and I have been playing these tennis games and we have won a bundle of things. We would have to serve and hit a target, or volley and hit a prize or something like that and so far, since Saturday, we have won three cans of tennis balls and a Rogers Cup towel. It has been so hilarious!

#6 WATCHING AI SUGIYAMA

Ai is so kind! We wished her good luck this week and we proceeded to watch her practice. She hits consistently deep and hard and her mom must be the cutest thing ever. She was really a cutie and so was her daughter. If Ai hits as hard as I saw her, I can't imagine how hard Lindsay or Venus hit and I wonder how hard Hingis used to hit. But, Ai was really a treat to watch.

#7 WATCHING JUSTINE HENIN-HARDENNE

I also saw Justine Henin-Hardenne practicing. She really hustles out there and she gives every shot her all. She showed me what it was like to be a Champion on the Professional Women's Tour and I was really impressed with how hard and deep she hits her shots. It was nice to watch!

Although I have some great moments, I also have a couple of crappy moments. Here are a couple more "crappy" moments at the Rogers Cup:

I said, "Good luck, Tatiana", "Hey Tatiana!", "Best of Luck, Tatiana" and I got nothing. She didn't even smile when she was signing autographs.

#2 WATCHING CANADIANS GET SMUTHERED.

Ugh.

all that and u didn't see the star of the tournament = Ana Ivanovic :o

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:55 AM

Maybe she thought you were stalking her? :o

416_Man
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:57 AM
lol it made me happy snubbing Golovin when after her doubles win she just walked signing everyone's autograph. And the second she came to me, I closed the book and screamed "Nathalie, Nathalie!" She came and Golovin gave me this evil look. It was worth it though, now she'll alwyas remember me as that ass :lol:

ezekiel
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Good read but I think you should reverse the order to increase the suspense. Most exciting moment should be at the bottom not at the start so readers continue to read

yes_sir
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:37 AM
A good read

jan.
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:40 AM
lol it made me happy snubbing Golovin when after her doubles win she just walked signing everyone's autograph. And the second she came to me, I closed the book and screamed "Nathalie, Nathalie!" She came and Golovin gave me this evil look. It was worth it though, now she'll alwyas remember me as that ass :lol:
Hahaha. Hilarious

Thanks for the report :)

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:55 AM
Thank for the write up :)

Justine is always great to watch in training. She gives 100% :yeah:

Awww :sad:
Maybe Tati didn't hear you? :confused: :p

When Foxy & I met her in Sydney, she was soo sweet, polite and delightful :hearts:. We got many pictures with and of her and she was just stunning. :hearts: Even when she was on her little runs, and we said 'Hi Tatiana' and waved, she gave us a smile and waved. :D

If I was straight. She definately would be my type of girl! :hearts: :p

Geisha
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the comments, guys...

But, I haven't mentioned the complete list of players I saw:

Ana Ivanovic
Tatiana Golovin
Nathalie Dechy
Daniela Hantuchova
Ai Sugiyama
Jill Craybas
Nicole Pratt
Serena Williams
Amelie Mauresmo
Galina Voskoboeva
Justine Henin-Hardenne
Martina Navratilova
Kim Grant
Maria Kirilenko
Karolina Sprem
Marion Bartoli
Stephanie Cohen-Aloro
Conchita Martinez
Anna-Lena Groenfeld
Maureen Drake

I'll remember others later ;)

auntie janie
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the enjoyable report, anniflava! Sounds like you had a fantastic time there. :)

Geisha
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the enjoyable report, anniflava! Sounds like you had a fantastic time there. :)

I did! It has been really fun. I'm supposed to go down there today but I don't have a ride and I am feeling really tired. I have played tennis the last two days and gone straight to the Rogers Cup after. I'd be out from 11am to 10pm! So, I'm tired.

_julio_
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Did you see Anabel Medinaż? :confused:

Louis Cyphre
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:50 PM
anniflava :yeah:

Geisha
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Did you see Anabel Medinaż? :confused:

No, I don't think so. I'm not even sure what she looks like. ?

pigam
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:08 PM
lol @ the tracy austin episode.
I would never scream to any (fromer) player like that. but good for you you did ;) :p
very nice read. thanks :yeah:

Geisha
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:57 PM
lol @ the tracy austin episode.
I would never scream to any (fromer) player like that. but good for you you did ;) :p
very nice read. thanks :yeah:

Are you saying that I was rude?

Tracy loved me...

lauryn
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the read! Sounds like you had a lot of fun :)

pigam
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Are you saying that I was rude?

Tracy loved me...
no not at all
it's just such an impulsive reaction to just shout at someone you only know from tv :lol:
like I wrote good for you that you did that. I would never 'dare' to do that.

Geisha
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:14 PM
no not at all
it's just such an impulsive reaction to just shout at someone you only know from tv :lol:
like I wrote good for you that you did that. I would never 'dare' to do that.

oh yeah! Oh my Gosh, I didn't really see who it was, I only saw her eyes and I was like "AAAHHH TRACY!" and I said it really loud!

pigam
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:16 PM
:lol: I'm sure she was glad someone recognised her ;) :p

Derek.
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:18 PM
I bumped into Martina N. earlier this year in Miami and she said, "Watch out kid!" :lol:

Btw, Tatiana was nice to me. I mean I didn't see her in person, but she answered my question on wtatour.com. :p

daffodil
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:52 PM
all that and u didn't see the star of the tournament = Ana Ivanovic :o

anni and I saw Ana, but she's not in anni's best moments. She was just practicing. Not saying anything. Making a lot of unforced errors in practice.

King Aaron
Aug 17th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Thanks, nice to read. :)

Geisha
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:19 AM
:lol: I'm sure she was glad someone recognised her ;) :p

I think she was. A girl working there was like, "Who were you screaming at?" and I was like, "Uhh, it's a legend of tennis- TRACY AUSTIN! HELLO!"

pigam
Aug 19th, 2005, 08:10 AM
I think she was. A girl working there was like, "Who were you screaming at?" and I was like, "Uhh, it's a legend of tennis- TRACY AUSTIN! HELLO!"
:lol:
does her voice sounds as "nasal" (??) in real life as it does on tv? :p ;)