PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday report

Fingon
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:24 AM
the day started with Ana Ivanovic vs Tathiana Garbin, see comment on Ana on another thread, all I have to add that Garbin's legs are huge, she looks like a body builder :eek:

Then we saw some of Penetta vs Sanchez Lorenzo, I can say I quite like Penetta's game, very elegant and a lot of variety.

Then doubles, I hate doubles but Maria Kirilenko was playing, so I couldn't stay away, Maria and Gisela won quite easily as the Canadian team sucked, lots and lots of pictures of Maria.

Then a few games of the Tatiana Golovin doubles match, mostly to take photos of Tati, she was wearing a variation of the white dress she wore yesterday, but being closer it was easier to take photos.

I nearly forgot (I wanted to forget that). I watched Conchita against Ana Lena Groenefeld.

it was a quite close match, Groenefeld attacking and Conchita four feet behind the baseline moonballing and slicing, she was driving Ana Lena (and me) nuts, it just took for ever to play every point.

I did take some Groenefeld photos.

on a sad note, I saw K-Lina talking on her cellphone, and she was crying, I don't know anything else but I think you all can probably guess why.

RenaSlam.
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:26 AM
K-Lina seems like such a nice girl and hits so damn hard...:eek:

She's the one player slumping that I actually want to come back to her previous level...

Fingon
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:32 AM
K-Lina seems like such a nice girl and hits so damn hard...:eek:

She's the one player slumping that I actually want to come back to her previous level...

she seems to be very sweet, and very innocent and vulnerable.

And she does hit the ball very hard, yesterday she was serving 185 kmh (over 120 mph) consistently.

416_Man
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:35 AM
the day started with Ana Ivanovic vs Tathiana Garbin, see comment on Ana on another thread, all I have to add that Garbin's legs are huge, she looks like a body builder :eek:

Then we saw some of Penetta vs Sanchez Lorenzo, I can say I quite like Penetta's game, very elegant and a lot of variety.

Then doubles, I hate doubles but Maria Kirilenko was playing, so I couldn't stay away, Maria and Gisela won quite easily as the Canadian team sucked, lots and lots of pictures of Maria.

Then a few games of the Tatiana Golovin doubles match, mostly to take photos of Tati, she was wearing a variation of the white dress she wore yesterday, but being closer it was easier to take photos.

I nearly forgot (I wanted to forget that). I watched Conchita against Ana Lena Groenefeld.

it was a quite close match, Groenefeld attacking and Conchita four feet behind the baseline moonballing and slicing, she was driving Ana Lena (and me) nuts, it just took for ever to play every point.

on a sad note, I saw K-Lina talking on her cellphone, and she was crying, I don't know anything else but I think you all can probably guess why.

I'm really surprised you say that Conchita was moonballing. I watched the match from the second set to the end. She was hitting hard, deep penetrating groundstrokes. And Groenefeld's strokes had far more topsin on them (especially that forehand). Groenefeld's backhand was really a weapon and did not deserve to lose this, but nor did Conchita. It scares me how Cohen-Aloro and Dubois/Serra Zanetti will be the second round while Anna Lena is off to the side.

*hingis_forever*
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:37 AM
Poor K-lina! :sad: I really hope she sorts out all her problems!

F-R-E-A-K
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Thanks. :D

Fingon
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:38 AM
I'm really surprised you say that Conchita was moonballing. I watched the match from the second set to the end. She was hitting hard, deep penetrating groundstrokes. And Groenefeld's strokes had far more topsin on them (especially that forehand). Groenefeld's backhand was really a weapon and did not deserve to lose this, but nor did Conchita. It scares me how Cohen-Aloro and Dubois/Serra Zanetti will be the second round while Anna Lena is off to the side.

I watched the first and second set, she was moonballing and slicing a lot, not all the time but I wouldn't call her shots penetrating, she was way too far back, even Serena would have problems to hit penetrating shots from that position.

Maybe she changed in the third, I couldn't stomach to watch one more set.

yukon145
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:33 AM
please post the Tati pics of you can!

"Topaz"
Aug 17th, 2005, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the report, Fingon. I think I'll make it there Friday and the weekend; no sooner... Maybe Thursday eve as well. :wavey:

Atrixo
Aug 17th, 2005, 05:33 AM

Ana's got GAME! She's very composed out there, and unlike a lot of "big babes", she's got some nice variety to complement her power game. :worship:

Props also to Garbin, for putting up a gritty fight. :)

Penetta's game surprised me; because knowing she was primarily a clay courter, I was impressed that her game translated surprising well to hardcourts also.

I didn't see the doubles match with Kirilenko/Dulko against the Canadian duo (Wozniak/Pelletier :o ), because I was watching the Penetta/Lorenzo match; but I could tell that they were kicking their asses in, just by the sounds of the match.

Anna-Lena --- who plays a pretty "big game" --- was handling Conchita's
"junk" better than I expected. That "moonballing" would drive ANYONE insane! ;)

Personally I wanted Conchita to take a flying leap off the nearest skyscraper. Her attitude, antics and behaviour were mean-spirited and embarassing. :fiery: But of course, the crowd just HAD to be pro-Conchita, so my cheers for Anna-Lena, were drowned out by the Conchita mob. :rolleyes:

Caught Nicole's match against Shenay and..... let's just say that Shenay was running around the court, desperately trying to defend against Nicole's power game. Nicole can flat out STRIKE the ball; the girl's got one mean game. All she needs to do is reign in that short-temper of hers --- which was evident on a number of occasions --- and her future will only be brighter.

I just had to catch some of the Zheng/Salerni match, as well. Salerni is so HOT! :drool: :hearts:

vogus
Aug 17th, 2005, 05:37 AM
thanx once again for the updates guys.