PDA

View Full Version : I saw Ana Ivanovic today and ...

Fingon
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:55 AM
I can tell you, she is much more than a pretty face, she is the real deal.

I haven't been so impressed by a new player in a long time. Watching her play I can tell you, she is going ot win grand slams, despite some people saying she hasn't done enough yet.

First, her game is very solid, her backhand can go a little wild but she will learn to control it, it's not bad technique.

Her server is great, not only powerful and well disguised and placed, but very, very consistent, her forehand is a real weapon.

She has power but she doesn't just kill the ball, she actually has an strategy, she constructs points and tries different things.

What impressed me the most is that when she was serving for the match at 5-4, she had a mini-choke, you could tell that her serves were a lot less powerful, she was just trying to keep the ball on play and got broken, and in the next game, Garbin held easily.

For many players that would have been it, or at least, they would have taken a few games to recover, Ana completely forgot her bad game and just went for it (she reminded me a lot of the old Monica in that regard).

I know it's only a match, but I don't really base any analysis on statistics and numbers, you can see the technique, you can see if they have the fire or not, Ana has the technique, and has the fire.

Mark my words, you heard it here first when Ana starts winning GSs.

tenn_ace
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:58 AM

I think this has been already predicted.

ivanovic
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:01 AM

I haven't been so impressed by a new player in a long time. Watching her play I can tell you, she is going ot win grand slams, despite some people saying she hasn't done enough yet.

First, her game is very solid, her backhand can go a little wild but she will learn to control it, it's not bad technique.

Her server is great, not only powerful and well disguised and placed, but very, very consistent, her forehand is a real weapon.

She has power but she doesn't just kill the ball, she actually has an strategy, she constructs points and tries different things.

What impressed me the most is that when she was serving for the match at 5-4, she had a mini-choke, you could tell that her serves were a lot less powerful, she was just trying to keep the ball on play and got broken, and in the next game, Garbin held easily.

For many players that would have been it, or at least, they would have taken a few games to recover, Ana completely forgot her bad game and just went for it (she reminded me a lot of the old Monica in that regard).

I know it's only a match, but I don't really base any analysis on statistics and numbers, you can see the technique, you can see if they have the fire or not, Ana has the technique, and has the fire.

I agree, she's will revolutionise WTA tennis, take it to the next level, I love the way she hits the ball so hard and yet it looks so clean and just WOW. I hope she can beat Kim, but it will be a mental game, Ana can beat players like Kim, but she'll prpbably lose just because Kim Clijsters is on the other side of the net....but go ANA I wanna see her in the Semis because they will televise them in Australia. :bounce:

Fingon
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:02 AM
I think this has been already predicted.

predictions made before watching her play are not valid, even if they turn up right ;)

RenaSlam.
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:10 AM
We already knew most of the things you told us...

...but thanks again! :wavey:

She has great variety and court sense and she'll win slams...SWOOP!

frenchie
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:11 AM
You can add that she's very untertaining to watch!

andrewbroad
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:15 AM
I believe Ana has an innate talent for spreading rallies. It's a shame that the only two Ivanovic matches I've seen have been bad ones (qf French Open 2005: lt. Nadia Petrova 6-2 6-2, and 3r Wimbledon 2005: lt. Mary Pierce 6-1 6-4). Definitely a name to look out for in the future.

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/)

beauty_is_pink
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:16 AM
same here, I saw her match today as well and was very impressed with the way she played. She definitely has a huge future ahead of her.

Cp6uja
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:18 AM

:wavey:

Odd
I think she has proven somewhat she can smack it with the ova's and williams of the tennis world, she needs consistency though. She can play ordinary at times. It's only her second serious year on the tour (remember she was barely in the top 100 at the beginning of the year), so i have no doubt she will become consistent.

xin_hui
she's really good:worship:

Shana
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:25 AM
she's so pretty..ieie

ezekiel
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the report :worship:

Fingon
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:27 AM
Another thing, after the match I saw her very close because she was in one of those golf cart thingies, and I finally knew the secret of why she looks different in matches than in the modelling photos.

The answer is, her eyes, you can't see them very well at the distance like in the photos.

lukehingis
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:58 AM
She's definitely a player to watch. I think to reach the top 20 with a limited schedule due to age speaks alot on her talent. Her win against Momo at the French marked her arrival to the big stage. I think she'll be a serious threat to Maria for many years.

Kunal
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:00 AM
i wanna see this girl do well.
She looks so good and apparently plays well too.

Go Ana.

yes_sir
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:12 AM
She's a good player is Ana, but winning GS's is not easy... so many good players going around...
Good luck to her & thanks for the report.

Derek.
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:18 AM
I am anxious to see how she'd fare against Sharapova. I hope we'll see that match soon.

JenFan75
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:38 AM
Her game is really smooth, I think she will start contending for these titles very soon...kinda reminds me of Lindsay ^^ <3

Lady
Aug 17th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Thanks, Fingon!

I pretty much saw all that when I saw her playing for the 1st time. Iz Zurich - vs Golovin.

That's why she's the only youngster who really made it on my favourites list! ;) and she does plays with strategy, and her variation will only get better. :)

Dasha_
Aug 17th, 2005, 06:14 AM
Thank you.

It is good to see more and more people every day who belives in Ana and is able t orecognize and appriciate her potential.

Zauber
Aug 17th, 2005, 06:22 AM
we all agree. hurray

she will we one of the best.

kebab
Aug 17th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Hi! I can see diffrenet threads about Ana,why don't we move to Serbian Sensations part and come together there ???

Hachiko
Aug 17th, 2005, 07:22 AM
I agree, I've seen her three times and she bashed the hell out of Masha K and Iveta.

Dexter
Aug 17th, 2005, 07:39 AM
I had the same feelings whe I saw her first time in Zurich!!! :eek: :hearts: :kiss:

RVD
Aug 17th, 2005, 07:56 AM
I've never seen her play, but she certainly has the face of an angel.
I wish her much great fortune. :cool:

Dasha_
Aug 17th, 2005, 07:58 AM
I've never seen her play, but she certainly has the face of an angel.
I wish her much great fortune. :cool:

The way she plays is not far from her face :angel:

Rub
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:35 AM
i knew she is a real deal from the time i saw her play against momo...

Ems__
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:38 AM
but go ANA I wanna see her in the Semis because they will televise them in Australia. :bounce:

hahah yeah, ana you better start winning some big ones, we dont get anything televised down here :(

sartrista7
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:46 AM
I thought all the same things when I first saw her play. I was a little sceptical beforehand, but she really is amazing. And she WILL win Slams.

She hardly has a bad loss this year so far, which is incredible for a rookie player.

Libertango
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:52 AM
I hope she can win slams....I love everything about her. Her stroke production, her temperament, her looks hehe. She seems like such a lovely person too! Go Ana!! :kiss:

Cp6uja
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:02 AM
PROTEST

I want bet (50$ stake) on Ana wins at Rogers Cup...
but no ODDS for her!??!

She is TOP5 favorite...

blumaroo
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:25 AM
I was hooked ever since I saw her play against Venus. This girl is the real deal. She and Masha are the leaders of the new generation.

rrfnpump
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Wow, what a hype :eek:
I agree and I love Ana :D ;)

However, dont underestimate Marion Bartoli
I think she can give Ana a good fight