PDA

View Full Version : Watching Cohen play against serena...

sioul
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:13 AM
This girl Cohen has got game!!

Serena isnt swinging that freely yet, she is a bit tense, she's starting to loosen up tho but this cohen girl has no fear.

Her game reminds me so much of Justines....but with some Maurasemo mixed in (got more spin on her backhand then justin)

and i was suppose to go to this match tonite :mad: :mad: but couldnt get out of work earlier.

baleineau
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:32 AM
i saw her practice once. i thought she was very talented, hitting all sorts of nice shots off the backhand side.

perhaps not the best mover, and maybe lacks confidence and killer instinct?

Renaissance
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:34 AM
She should lost weigth,she is not in good shape but she is talented a wonderful arm

Stamp Paid
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Serena has had a tendency to make opponents look spectacular this year.

ampers&
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:41 AM
Then they play another top tier player and they get thrashed off the court.

Diesel
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:42 AM

She's been known to give people a name. Even if it is for a quick minute.

sioul
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:53 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

watching her movement, even her grunts, and the finish to her service motion is a bit like watching justine!!!

serena is up 5-3 btw in the second!!!

this girl is good tho, she does have some instinct she is not scared of serenas pace at all....

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:06 AM

Well..that is not what most tennis players are out playing for.. a name..they play for the LOVE of the game.. :kiss: JILLY

Diesel
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:14 AM
Well..that is not what most tennis players are out playing for.. a name..they play for the LOVE of the game.. :kiss: JILLY

And this had what to do with my statement or what I was even replying to?

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Love the backhand. Too bad about the first serve. She looks to be really talented, but oftentimes we never hear about players like that after a good match. It's too bad if this happens here.

RenaSlam.
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:34 AM
Serena makes these people have 'game'.

A healthy and fit Serena would have thrased Haynes, Santagelo, Craybas, Cohen-Aloro, etc.

Cheers to the old Serena coming back soon...:worship:

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Serena makes these people have 'game'.

A healthy and fit Serena would have thrased Haynes, Santagelo, Craybas, Cohen-Aloro, etc.

Cheers to the old Serena coming back soon...:worship:

Um, it's not all about Serena, you know. Haynes, Santangelo and Cohen-Aloro are talented! They were playing very well and were taking it to Serena. Granted Serena is definitely not at her best, but Steph was hitting some beautiful winners at Serena the game she broke her in the first set.

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:54 AM
Meh.

I didn't think she looked particularly good. Average at best.

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Meh.

I didn't think she looked particularly good. Average at best.

Her backhand is very nice.

RenaSlam.
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Her backhand is very nice.

That's about it from what I can gather... :tape:

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:13 AM
That's about it from what I can gather... :tape:
Yup. Backhand has flare and she can hit some nice shots with it, but both sides lack power and she misses shots that she should make.

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:19 AM
Yup. Backhand has flare and she can hit some nice shots with it, but both sides lack power and she misses shots that she should make.

I dunno, I'd say she is good. That first serve was a huge liability though!!! You can't have a 19 % of first serves! :o

RenaSlam.
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:21 AM
I dunno, I'd say she is good. That first serve was a hige liability though!!! You can't have a 19 % of first serves! :o

The old Serena would have beaten the shit out of that serve...

...no longer.

I'm still awaiting the return of the real S. Williams...

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:23 AM
The old Serena would have beaten the shit out of that serve...

...no longer.

I'm still awaiting the return of the real S. Williams...

She did beat the shit out of the second serves. The close games were on Serena's serve.

RenaSlam.
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:23 AM
She did beat the shit out of the second serves. The close games were on Serena's serve.

Okay, thanks for informing me. Her serve did not look solid then?

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:28 AM
Okay, thanks for informing me. Her serve did not look solid then?

Well, obviously not her usual self. Wasn't fully extending. Stephanie was playing well, IMO though. Horrid, horrid serving from her though. She was hardky putting any first serves in. You just had to count them!

RenaSlam.
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:29 AM
Well, obviously not her usual self. Wasn't fully extending. Stephanie was playing well, IMO though. Horrid, horrid serving from her though. She was hardky putting any first serves in. You just had to count them!

Well thanks for this info. Gotta go now. Later! :wavey:

tennisbum79
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:34 AM

Following her victory over Serena at the Wimbledon, Craybas actually believed she was on the verge of bourgeoning career. That her win was not due so much the way Serena played, but because she, Craybas finally had her game come together at that particular time after weeks hard work.
She even got a Fed Cup selection out of it.

tennisrox
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:39 AM

Just what i was thinking! :lol: She's making a lot of new stars.

WhatTheDeuce
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:42 AM
I dunno, I'd say she is good. That first serve was a huge liability though!!! You can't have a 19 % of first serves! :o
She is a good player, I'm not going to deny that. But there's nothing in her game that's especially good that I think will make her into a contender of any kind. She's a solid player IMO, and that's it.

416_Man
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:46 AM
Cohen is good to a point. Remember, she was the only player to lose a set to a Canadian :tape: (4-6 6-4 6-0 to El Tabakh)

yes_sir
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:47 AM
She played well. nearly won, underrated player.
The class came thru in the end for Serena though.

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:50 AM
She is a good player, I'm not going to deny that. But there's nothing in her game that's especially good that I think will make her into a contender of any kind. She's a solid player IMO, and that's it.

Well, she is at least better than 92 in the world, but for the serve. The backhand is a weapon. But usually these girls play well for a set-and-a-half, and then we don't hear of them again - again see Santangelo and Haynes.

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:51 AM
Cohen is good to a point. Remember, she was the only player to lose a set to a Canadian :tape: (4-6 6-4 6-0 to El Tabakh)

:eek: Who did she lose to in the qualies? I have to remember that she is a lucky loser.

416_Man
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:28 AM
:eek: Who did she lose to in the qualies? I have to remember that she is a lucky loser.

Shikha Uberoi

sioul
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:57 PM
honestly i didnt see cohen choke and stop playing well.

we have to give serena some credit, cohen was playing pretty well at first but serena started to bash the ball and rip winners of the first strike from 0-2 down in the second... for cohen to even keep the second set close was pretty amazing to watch her retrieve all those balls and fend off that power.

i predict she will be top 50 atleast...

Libertango
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:05 PM
We've seen it so many times though....a lower ranked player playing well against the top players, slightly above themselves. But when they play those ranked around them and below them, they can't reproduce that sort of form. Stephanie COULD be good, but she needs to get fitter as many have pointed out.

alfonsojose
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Talented, but too fat. she thinks she plays in the CTA ( Cow Tennis Association ) :rolleyes:

spike83
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:08 PM
honestly i didnt see cohen choke and stop playing well.

we have to give serena some credit, cohen was playing pretty well at first but serena started to bash the ball and rip winners of the first strike from 0-2 down in the second... for cohen to even keep the second set close was pretty amazing to watch her retrieve all those balls and fend off that power.

i predict she will be top 50 atleast...

Cohen Aloro top 50 :tape:
I've seen her play against Dementieva (3sets) disgusting match, errors, errors, DF's from both sides, overweight from Cohen Aloro, brrrr,
don't think so, maybe if she would start train like a justine she could be top 50, but now ....

ampers&
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Thatís how it always is when a mediocre player beats/competes against one top ranked player.
Suddenly, she has a ton of promise and sheís a potential star of the WTA Tour.. :rolleyes:
Letís just forget about the rest of her results for the last few years.
If she can beat/compete with a top ranked player who is only 60-70% fit, then sheís really, really good.
Give me a fuckiní breakÖ :rolleyes:

Lady
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:15 PM

OMG, exactly what I was thinking when I saw the title of the thread! :lol:

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Thatís how it always is when a mediocre player beats/competes against one top ranked player.
Suddenly, she has a ton of promise and sheís a potential star of the WTA Tour.. :rolleyes:
Letís just forget about the rest of her results for the last few years.
If she can beat/compete with a top ranked player who is only 60-70% fit, then sheís really, really good.
Give me a fuckiní breakÖ :rolleyes:

Did you even see the match? She *was* playing well.

ampers&
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Did you even see the match? She *was* playing well.
:rolleyes:
No, I didnít see the match but as you can see, I didnít point out a specific player.
I'm making a general comment.
I'm not only talking about this particular match.
I'm talking about matches and players I've seen recently and in the past.

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:23 PM
No, I didnít see the match but as you can see, I didnít point out a specific player.
I'm making a general comment.
I'm not only talking about this particular match.
I'm talking about matches and players I've seen recently and in the past.

I don't see anyone saying she will be number one in the world in this thread, so how is your general comment relevant, especially since you did not see the match?

Who exactly are you talking about? Haynes? She should get the praise because she was good. Craybas? I don't know if anyone was screaming she was so talented either.

Steffica Greles
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:30 PM
i saw her practice once. i thought she was very talented, hitting all sorts of nice shots off the backhand side.

perhaps not the best mover, and maybe lacks confidence and killer instinct?

She lost to Baltacha in Australia earlier this year. LOL. She must REALLY have lacked killer instinct then. Hehe.

ampers&
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:30 PM
I don't see anyone saying she will be number one in the world in this thread, so how is your general comment relevant?
Can you read?? Did I say anything about ANYONE potentially being the #1 player in the world?
ďAĒ potential star and ďtheĒ potential star are two totally different concepts.

Who exactly are you talking about? Haynes? She should get the praise because she was good. Craybas? I don't know if anyone was screaming she was so talented either.
Youíre pointing out specific opponents who played against a Serena Williams.
I didnít say anything about one specific player.
Go and look up the word general.
I donít have time to explain simple reading comprehension to you.
Damn...some people...:rolleyes:

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Can you read?? Did I say anything about ANYONE potentially being the #1 player in the world?
ďAĒ potential star and ďtheĒ potential star are two totally different concepts.

Where did I say you said it? You are in a tizzy because people are hyping someone up after beating a slumping player, but there is no hype in this thread. Do you even understand what you are saying yourself?

Youíre pointing out specific opponents who played against a Serena Williams.
I didnít say anything about one specific player.
Go and look up the word general.
I donít have time to explain simple reading comprehension to you.
Damn...some people...:rolleyes:

Oh please... Wherever did I say you were talking about Serena? Who are you talking about then? You are talking about a general pattern, so I'm asking *who* you are talking about and what it has to do with this match. You are making zero sense.

ampers&
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Where did I say you said it? You are in a tizzy because people are hyping someone up after beating a slumping player, but there is no hype in this thread. Do you even understand what you are saying yourself?
Oh please... Wherever did I say you were talking about Serena? Who are you talking about then? You are talking about a general pattern, so I'm asking *who* you are talking about and what it has to do with this match. You are making zero sense.
I'm not going to waste anymore time talking to you.
It's like trying to explain something to a drunk :retard:.
Have a great day.
A

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:49 PM
I'm not going to waste anymore time talking to you.
It's like trying to explain something to a drunk :retard:.
Have a great day.
A

Don't bother, because you come across like you have no clue what you are saying.

propi
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Um, it's not all about Serena, you know. Haynes, Santangelo and Cohen-Aloro are talented!

No they aren't :fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery:
Jokes appart I've always thought that if these girl can play tennis as proffesionals must be because they must have at least a thin trace of talent; it's a pity but seems that eyes are always focused in top 10, leaving others without any recognition:(

cellophane
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:55 PM
No they aren't :fiery::fiery::fiery::fiery:
Jokes appart I've always thought that if these girl can play tennis as proffesionals must be because they must have at least a thin trace of talent; it's a pity but seems that eyes are always focused in top 10, leaving others without any recognition:(

It's sort of sad that we hear about them once and then never again for a few years.

A4
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Following her victory over Serena at the Wimbledon, Craybas actually believed she was on the verge of bourgeoning career. That her win was not due so much the way Serena played, but because she, Craybas finally had her game come together at that particular time after weeks hard work.
She even got a Fed Cup selection out of it.

:haha: :haha: :haha: