PDA

View Full Version : EUROSPORT will show the complete nightsessions LIVE for the first time!!!

Spunky83
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Sorry, if thatīs been posted before, but Yay!!! Iīve always wondered why they didnīt show the nightmatches live in the past but now theyīve extended their live-coverage. Finally livecoverage of the nightsession! More than 13 hours tennis...I wonīt leave my house anymore :lol:

:kiss: Eurosport;)

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s57/e7334/sport_lng0_spo57_evt7334_sto747600.shtml
For the first time ever Eurosport will broadcast the night sessions of the U.S. Open live. The final major championship of the season, from 29 August to 11 September at Flushing Meadows, New York, will also feature on eurosport.com with round-the-clock live scoring, comments, videos and analysis.

With 150 hours of broadcast on Eurosport, including 130 hours live, and 30 hours on Eurosport 2, the pan-European television channel will provide unbeatable coverage to over 250 millions viewers in 54 countries.

The daily programming will consist of:

From 17.15 to 05.00 CET, LIVE on Eurosport

From 05.00 to 07.00 CET, the best matches of the night on Eurosport

From 20.00 to 23.00 CET, the best matches on Eurosport 2

Joana
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Phenomenal news... can't wait!

Spunky83
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:57 AM
Phenomenal news... can't wait!

I am already afraid cause I still have to write on my Bachelorīs thesis by that time...I just may not sleep then it probably will work! :angel:

Pengwin
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:58 AM
OK before you start defending your love of Eurosport, I must tell you that Eurosport GB is much much much more skanky than ES International/Germany.

volta
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:58 AM
really really GREAT news. i think it's because of the Vuelta that they are doing this

Spunky83
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:00 AM
OK before you start defending your love of Eurosport, I must tell you that Eurosport GB is much much much more skanky than ES International/Germany.

I know, you Brits always complain about ES UK...but I think besides british Eurosport, everyone else has the same schedule right? PS: Tim sucks at the moment, so... ;) Murrraaay

Oizo
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Sorry, if thatīs been posted before, but Yay!!! Iīve always wondered why they didnīt show the nightmatches live in the past but now theyīve extended their live-coverage. Finally livecoverage of the nightsession! More than 13 hours tennis...I wonīt leave my house anymore :lol:

:kiss: Eurosport;)

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s57/e7334/sport_lng0_spo57_evt7334_sto747600.shtml

Damn, why had this to happen now when I am flying to USA. :lol:

lauryn
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Fantastic! :D

But when will I sleep???

Spunky83
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:02 AM
Fantastic! :D

But when will I sleep???

Maybe between day-session (if it ends in time) and night-session :lol:

volta
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:04 AM
I know, you Brits always complain about ES UK...but I think besides british Eurosport, everyone else has the same schedule right? PS: Tim sucks at the moment, so... ;) Murrraaay
Portugal has the same EU it has sucked so far in terms of Tennis :fiery:

Joana
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:06 AM

For some reason Eurosport International becomes German Eurosport during the Slams, and especially US Open. For the past two years I had to put up with watching all possible German (and even Austrian) no-names and having German commentators.

Spunky83
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:08 AM
For some reason Eurosport International becomes German Eurosport during the Slams, and especially US Open. For the past two years I had to put up with watching all possible German (and even Austrian) no-names and having German commentators.

Yeah, itīs some kind of work structure at eurosport cause there are for example some tourneys (also in foreign countries) where they have german camera-teams and stuff...i donīt really get it either.

BTW: German eurosport loves Justine!

ampers&
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:09 AM
I'm soooooooooooooooooo jelly right now.:(

*Karen*
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:28 AM
Great news there hasnt been any tennis on for ages

Philip
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:43 AM
for people in the uk, its better to watch skysports if you can :p
interactive :yeah: :D

Lady
Aug 17th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Well, I told you so already, didn't I? :p
I have the lucky access to their programming, so I can even tell when they will show Filderstadt matches! ;)

And here, we still have ES Int during slams! No Germans! ;)

TF Chipmunk
Aug 17th, 2005, 07:48 AM
And what's ESPN doing? :rolleyes:

Piotr'ek
Aug 17th, 2005, 07:50 AM
so good to live in europe :p

SJW
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:10 AM
i never watch Eurosport during the Open. i prefer being able to choose my matches on Sky Sports. maybe they realised how backward it was only showing the day session.

Lady
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:16 AM
i never watch Eurosport during the Open. i prefer being able to choose my matches on Sky Sports. maybe they realised how backward it was only showing the day session.

It's not always depends on Eurosport.
Maybe US Open officials asked too much for the night coverage? :shrug:
Just guessing. ;)

Dexter
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Good news! :yeah:

Yasmine
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:37 AM
I know, you Brits always complain about ES UK...but I think besides british Eurosport, everyone else has the same schedule right?
Yes I lived in the UK and had to go with British ES which was crap especially for the USO. But now I'm back in France I must say it's a bit better;)

selestribe
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:44 AM
I remember we had the night session live back in 1999 & 2000 on French ES ... I think they've stoped showing it from 2001 because they said it was to expensive to do it :rolleyes:
Great they're doing it again ...
Anybody knows if we'd get the German ES coverage again ? I hope we wouldn't so we'd be able to get some different matches on both channels ...

tommystar
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Wow!! What a great news, my first live night session since 96. :D:D

Orangina
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:48 AM
thats great

tobe
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Finally: Eurosport rocks!!!!!

Spunky83
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Well, I told you so already, didn't I? :p
I have the lucky access to their programming, so I can even tell when they will show Filderstadt matches! ;)

And here, we still have ES Int during slams! No Germans! ;)

Filderstadt is one of the best covered tourneys on ES. And I just loooove the post-match interviews they did in the studio (or courtside if your nameīs Nastyaīs coach) :D

RayRob
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:20 PM
for people in the uk, its better to watch skysports if you can :p
interactive :yeah: :D

i bought Sky Sports purposely because Eurosport GB won't show the night sessions live, but unfortunately I don't get the interactive service because I am with NTL cable not Sky Digital. I don't see why NTL can't supply interactive service for Sky Sports because they do so for BBC during Wimbledon......maybe if I start complaining to Sky Ssports and NTL something might be done! Otherwise, I had just better hope that the brits are out early or else I'll never get to see any desent matches :sad:

-Rache

PS. Good news for you people in Europe though! I remember complaining when I had Euro international because one year they were showing some live Aussie Open during the daytime in the UK but none at night, British Eurosport had through the night coverage! I was so :fiery: The following year NTL changed over to Brit Euro but that was the last year they showed AO through the night :sad:

oh well :shrug:

Pengwin
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:23 PM

:ras:

MaryPierceFan
Aug 18th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Great news!

But I have a question to You guys. Our commentator said that Eurospory would show matches LIVE on Eurosport and Eurosport 2. On both LIVE. And on Eurosport 2 there will be a different matches, form a different court than on Eurosport. Do You think it's true? Have You heard something about it?

controlfreak
Aug 18th, 2005, 05:45 PM
I've been watching this week and I'm already having tennis-overload! I need a break before the US Open starts...

Venus backhand
Aug 18th, 2005, 06:07 PM
fab

The Pro
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Please let it be interactive! :tape:

Hey, are they showing it on Sky Sports too? And will it be interactive instead? :bounce:

_LuCaS_
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Great news!

But I have a question to You guys. Our commentator said that Eurospory would show matches LIVE on Eurosport and Eurosport 2. On both LIVE. And on Eurosport 2 there will be a different matches, form a different court than on Eurosport. Do You think it's true? Have You heard something about it?
Hopefully not :(

Lady
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Great news!

It's true.
We discussed it in Eurosport Schedule thread.

For the 1st week from around 20:00 til 23:30 ES 2 will show live matches too.
Obviously not the same as ES.

Oizo
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:48 PM
It's true.
We discussed it in Eurosport Schedule thread.

For the 1st week from around 20:00 til 23:30 ES 2 will show live matches too.
Obviously not the same as ES.

I knew this is gonna happen :sad:

lionel
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Es italian commentator said the matches on Es2 will be tape-delayed and not live...

Lady
Aug 19th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Es italian commentator said the matches on Es2 will be tape-delayed and not live...

They will be LIVE.
Even Stenen confirmed it.

jogoss_78
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Eurosport :worship: :D :cool:

lionel
Aug 19th, 2005, 03:12 PM
They will be LIVE.
Even Stenen confirmed it.
Ok, we'll see ;)
I've asked him two days ago and he said this...Es2 haven't rights to show UsOpen live.
But i don't know... :wavey: