PDA

View Full Version : (Q)A Jidkova (RUS) d (13)D Hantuchova 6-4 4-6 4-4 ret.

Boss monkey
Aug 16th, 2005, 11:54 PM
What happened to Hantuchova?

Pengwin
Aug 16th, 2005, 11:55 PM
WTF :eek:

Alina Jidkova

Spunky83
Aug 16th, 2005, 11:56 PM
At 4-4 in the 3rd set being two BPs down. What happened???

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 16th, 2005, 11:57 PM
CONGRATS JIDKOVA! :bounce:

Shonami Slam
Aug 16th, 2005, 11:58 PM
alinka - you are one WIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD woman.
old school rox though.

alwayshingis
Aug 16th, 2005, 11:59 PM
Dani :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Everyone is so injured!

Martian Jeza
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:00 AM
What happened to Danielka ? Injury ? Does some people have more news why she retired ? :sad:

Derek.
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Daniela doesn't like to retire or withdraw from matches so this must have been serious. :bigcry:

Lennval
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:03 AM
omg daniela ??

wipeout
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Yeah, this is very out of character for Daniela so I would assume it was an injury. :sad:

faboozadoo15
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:06 AM
that's VERY surprising!
hope she's okay. :sad:

tennisbum79
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:08 AM
I hope it is nothing serious.
My guess is she must be exhausted from playing som much the last couple of weeks. She competed both in singles and doubles

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:17 AM
I hope it is nothing serious.
My guess is she must be exhausted from playing som much the last couple of weeks. She competed both in singles and doubles

And she couldn't stand to play 4 more points to complete the match ? :scratch:

My guess is that she wasn't given as many FIST PUMPS out there today :lol:

SaniaMirzaRulez
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:19 AM
Dani, come back for US open...till then take some good rest.

lauryn
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Hopefully Daniela will be okay for the US Open... :sad:

TFan1156
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Well she has been known to retire a lot at 4-4 serving but always stayed on the court... ;) No but seriously hope she is not hurt in any significant way...

Martian Jeza
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Hopefully Daniela will be okay for the US Open... :sad:

Vincent The God in your avatar :worship::worship::worship:

Derek.
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:31 AM
Well she has been known to retire a lot at 4-4 serving but always stayed on the court... ;)

:rolleyes:

Derek.
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:34 AM

Just keep your hatred towards Daniela away from anything that has to do with her. :rolleyes:

Martian Jeza
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Well she has been known to retire a lot at 4-4 serving but always stayed on the court... ;) No but seriously hope she is not hurt in any significant way...

She rarely has retired from a match during her carreer : She's a fighter ! As she retired this evening it means she has an injury or is completly exhausted what I can happen when you play way too many matches.

She maybe has a little palmares but I LOVE her ! Danielka all the way :worship:

Tati & Dani
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:00 AM
tfaker 1156 and frazier shit , you are 2 idiotic trolls on this forum.

normally i can't see the bullshit you always post here but because the quote's i saw it.

Martian Jeza
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:03 AM

normally i can't see the bullshit you always post here but because the quote's i saw it.

dani, keep cool mate :wavey:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:08 AM
:eek: Daniela :sad:

Very weird. Hope its not a serious injury. :) :kiss:

*Karen*
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Poor Daniela. I hope the withdrawel is just a precaution for the US open. Get well soon!

New
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:41 AM
I think the US Open is more important... better withdraw now than during US Open...

beauty_is_pink
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:50 AM
I was there. From the start of the match I had a feeling something was wrong. She didn't look too well, kinda upset and as if she didn't wanna be there. Throughout the match also, she was looking upset and somewhat sick. She called for a trainer after the 1st set and said something about a headache, and she put ice on her shoulder. So from there, I guessed she had heat exhaustion or something. 2nd set she came back and was playing great, won it... went into the 3rd set very well.. and even tho she was winning, she always had that look of hurt and pain. Then at 4-4, she shook her head and she looked as if she was in real pain. Went to the net and shook Alina's hand. Then the ump called the security to bring the golf cart into the court to take Daniela away cause she wasn't able to walk out the court to it. She had a towel over her head, and didn't even look up. I caught a glimpse of her face and it was an expression of pain. It was jus so sad :sad:

Venus Forever
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:55 AM
According to an article on Yahoo, it was a heat illness as beauty_is_pink suggested. ;)

~ The Leopard ~
Aug 17th, 2005, 01:59 AM
Oh no, poor Daniela. Hope she recovers quickly.

Martian Jeza
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:01 AM
I was there. From the start of the match I had a feeling something was wrong. She didn't look too well, kinda upset and as if she didn't wanna be there. Throughout the match also, she was looking upset and somewhat sick. She called for a trainer after the 1st set and said something about a headache, and she put ice on her shoulder. So from there, I guessed she had heat exhaustion or something. 2nd set she came back and was playing great, won it... went into the 3rd set very well.. and even tho she was winning, she always had that look of hurt and pain. Then at 4-4, she shook her head and she looked as if she was in real pain. Went to the net and shook Alina's hand. Then the ump called the security to bring the golf cart into the court to take Daniela away cause she wasn't able to walk out the court to it. She had a towel over her head, and didn't even look up. I caught a glimpse of her face and it was an expression of pain. It was jus so sad :sad:

Fucking hell : Poor Danielka ! Get well soon sweetheart :hug:

CrossCourt~Rally
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:04 AM
:o Thats a real shame..my dog got heat illness last week and collapsed right on the front porch..he was just a few inches from his bone aswell... :dog:

TFan1156
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:20 AM

Where did that come from?? What did I do? :lol: C`mon have a sense of humor... ;)

DragonFlame
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:28 AM
dani :sad:

xin_hui
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:40 AM
i hope she's ok!:sad:

--Zazou--
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:48 AM
Dani :sad:

Get well soon! :)

andrewbroad
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:07 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this - it sounds really serious. Daniela is in my prayers.

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/hantu/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/hantu/)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/danielahantuchova/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/danielahantuchova/)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jeldani/)

Odd
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:14 AM
Get well soon Daniela. You were my only fave who wasn't injured in some way or another:bigcry::bigcry:

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:14 AM
Alina ;) :yeah:

maybe it was the "Asagoe effect"
knowing Daniela was gonna play her if she won :scared:

still Daniela :( :( hope she's ok.

selyoink
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:26 AM
I hope she is okay. It must suck to be so close to the end of a match and not be able to finish. If it was heat exhaustion she should be fine after some rest and be ready for the Open.

@m@nd@
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:51 AM
:speakles:
what happened? wutever it is plz get well soon dani :sad:

JLDementieva
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:54 AM
Daniela :sad: and at 4-4 in the 3rd!!
get well soon

Fingon
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:56 AM
I was in that match, Dani was very up and down, one game she would be brilliant, the next she would suck.

I don't know what happened but I don't think it's an injury, I think she wasn't feeling well, maybe the heat.

She was very sloppy in the last game and after a double fault she pulled out, then she sat down with her head cover by a towel and down, Alina sat next to her , I don't know if to comfort her or to ask how she was, Daniela didn't raise her head.

When we left the court, we saw the trainer running to the court, then Alina came out and Daniela was still there long after.

It was very hot out there, maybe she had some heat problems.

azza
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:56 AM
$$$.

RatedR Superstar
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:16 AM

she cant even walk anymore...

Dawn Marie
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:29 AM
She'll be fine. Iv's and fluids and rest and she'll be okay for the US open.

Portobello
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:30 AM
poor Dani :sad: :mad: ,
I hope it's heat prob,nothing eles
I hope when NY comes,the weather'll a lot better :o

RatedR Superstar
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:33 AM
its funny how people would say that daniela isnt healthy, she's too skinny, she's anorexic, but no one really realize that she had never been in a serious injury before, she never broke any bone, never pulled a muscle or something. She was really skinny back then, but to say that she's not healthy, i dont think so.

Derek.
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:37 AM
She's played a lot of tennis and like Maria said, the heat didn't help. :sad:

Rest up Dani! :hug:

Harju.
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:45 AM
Awww poor Danka. Hopefully she's healthy when USO comes.

Sharapova's_Boy
Aug 17th, 2005, 05:11 AM
Alinka :woohoo:

But :sad: @ Dani. Hope she's okay for the USO.

vutt
Aug 17th, 2005, 07:16 AM
She rarely has retired from a match during her carreer : She's a fighter !

So you did not get TFan1156's irony here. Everybody knows how she likes to "retire" in third by giving away her service game at the end :angel:

Congrats Alina!

..ikke..
Aug 17th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Dani :bigcry:
Get well soon

SoMuchEyeCandy
Aug 17th, 2005, 07:21 AM
poor Dani :sad: :mad: ,
I hope it's heat prob,nothing eles
I hope when NY comes,the weather'll a lot better :o

:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

Oriental_Rain
Aug 17th, 2005, 07:48 AM
hope she gets well.

TF Chipmunk
Aug 17th, 2005, 07:52 AM
:sad: Dani!!

Is it really that hot in Toronto :eek:

ex hopman
Aug 17th, 2005, 07:56 AM
it's good that she doesnt need to play doubles tomorrow!! :)

pcrtennis
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:11 AM
I'm assuming she's pulling out of doubles too?

Dexter
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Daniela :bigcry:
Take care before USO :wavey:

DanWoody
Aug 17th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Maybe it was the fear of an injury, not an injury itself.

In such a moment only one thing works; you have to allow your funky instincts to take over and not listen to your rational mind.

Libertango
Aug 17th, 2005, 10:26 AM
She was probably petrified of taking on Shinobu again, it would bring back too many bad memories, so decided to quit.....

I'm only joking, before you all start quoting and badrepping me! lol.

Anyway I do hope Dani is OK, and fit to play the USO. :)

Mathijs
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Dani hope your okay, GWS :hug:

Congrats Alina :woohoo: :bounce:

goldenlox
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Alina played well at the Rogers Cup last year.
Should be a good match with Asagoe.

Julian
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:16 PM
poor dani :( she always seemed to be the fit type to me even 2 years ago during her slump. she played really long matches and never looked winded to me

guess her body couldnt even take 2 more games

hope she recovers fast :)

alfonsojose
Aug 17th, 2005, 04:54 PM
get well soon :hug:

beauty_is_pink
Aug 17th, 2005, 05:18 PM
:sad: Dani!!

Is it really that hot in Toronto :eek:
It wasn't even that hot yesterday, it was around 23C, it was hot and sunny in the morning... but it around the afternoon it got cloudy and cooler.. Daniela's match was in the late afternoon and by then the temperature was cool and the sun was setting down.

Vamos Feńa
Aug 17th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Oh poor Daniela :sad: :sad:
:hug: 4 U girl