PDA

View Full Version : Sveta, Na, Ana, Nastya Join Injured List

pierce0415
Aug 16th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Top Players That Are Injured - Lindsay (1), Maria (2), Sveta (4), S Williams (7), Mary (11), Alicia (13), Nastya (14), Lena B (16), Vera Z (17), Ana (19), Lena L (20), Dani (21), Fran (22), Silvia (23), Anna C (28), Shuai (31), Na, Maria Kirilenko

Top Players That Recently Overcame Injury - Justine (5), Nadia (10), Tati (25)

Top Players Healthy - Amelie (3), Lena D (6), Kim (8), V Williams (9), Patty (12), Nathalie (15), Jelena J (18), Dinara (24), Ai (26), Shinobu (27), Anna Lena (29), Flavia (30), Nicole V (32)

pierce0415
Aug 16th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Perhaps the wave of injuries may allow for one of the bridesmaids (Amelie, Lena D or Kim) to finally pick up a title?

aheee!!
Aug 16th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Perhaps the wave of injuries may allow for one of the bridesmaids (Amelie, Lena D or Kim) to finally pick up a title?

don't think so..kim is overplaying..she's begging for some injury. Momo will melt down of course, elena d. seems to be struggling. Justine has a nice chance if she's back to old form

alwayshingis
Aug 16th, 2005, 06:19 PM
It will be an interesting outcome. If someone without a major (Kim, Amelie) or a huge surprise wins, people will say that it doesn't really count because the field was depleted by injury. Buyt if a big name wins (Serena, Venus, Justine) it will be said that she is truly back and the one to beat on the tour next year.

Knizzle
Aug 16th, 2005, 06:25 PM
It will be an interesting outcome. If someone without a major (Kim, Amelie) or a huge surprise wins, people will say that it doesn't really count because the field was depleted by injury. Buyt if a big name wins (Serena, Venus, Justine) it will be said that she is truly back and the one to beat on the tour next year.

I doubt it because the field isn't depleted. All of the top players will be at the US Open, no one seems to be that seriously injured that they would pull out of a GS before it starts.

Babolatpro880
Aug 16th, 2005, 06:32 PM
I didn't know Shuai was injured :confused:

vogus
Aug 16th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Jeez, Farina and Likhovtseva are injured, that's going to really ruin the USO draw, isn't it.

The top players are resting up and will be going into the USO at FULL STRENGTH. Clisters, Davenport, Henin, both Williams sisters, Sharapova, Kuznetsova, Dementieva, Pierce, Mauresmo et al. are going to be fighting it out. Only JenCap is missing. It should be a great tournie.

darrinbaker00
Aug 16th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Jeez, Farina and Likhovtseva are injured, that's going to really ruin the USO draw, isn't it.
With them and Paola Suarez out, the doubles draw will certainly be ruined. Hopefully the USTA can bribe--I mean, talk Venus and Serena into playing dubs this year. ;)

Ellery
Aug 16th, 2005, 06:49 PM
I didn't know Shuai was injured :confused:

Shuai pulled out of the LA doubles quarterfinals because of lower back strain, and she also withdrew from Toronto :sad:

pierce0415
Aug 16th, 2005, 11:02 PM
OK add Dani to the injured list

Shonami Slam
Aug 16th, 2005, 11:32 PM
farina is not injured, farina is out.
and i want to kill myself.

clonesheep
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:10 AM
If the top 25 are all injured we will have Anna-Lena Groenefeld, Sania Mirza, Sesil K, and Nicole Vaidisova fighting for the trophy, which could still be interesting.

If the top 50 all withdraw we still have Maria Kirilenko, Michaella Krijceck, and Lindsay Lee-Waters.

If the top 100 all get sick at once Ashley Harkleroad will take over.

If the top 400 all refuse to play, well, the winner will be ... Jelena Dokic!

Martian KC
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:49 AM
I'm sure certain fangroups will be ready with those excuses again.

samp20
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:53 AM

I don't know about the second part, but the first part is definitely true. God help the poor child who wins w/out a major to her name. She'll get very little glory I'm afraid.

©@®eLess
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:58 AM

make that 337!

bello
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:02 AM
^^^ You never know, Martina Nav may enter if thats the case and upset Dokic in the final!!

Cp6uja
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:10 AM
Top Players That Are Injured - Lindsay (1), Maria (2), Mary (11), Alicia (13), Lena B (16),

Top Players That Recently Overcame Injury - Justine (5), S Williams (7), Nadia (10),

So, Ana and Jelena J is ready for TOP16 seeds at US Open :angel: :angel: (if only two of this withdraw :devil: :devil: )...

tennisrox
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:36 AM
If the top 25 are all injured we will have Anna-Lena Groenefeld, Sania Mirza, Sesil K, and Nicole Vaidisova fighting for the trophy, which could still be interesting.

If the top 50 all withdraw we still have Maria Kirilenko, Michaella Krijceck, and Lindsay Lee-Waters.

If the top 100 all get sick at once Ashley Harkleroad will take over.

:lol:

Volcana
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:46 AM
Depends on the draw.

If the healthy players are matched against the injured.....

If the injured have long, tough early round matches....

Of course if Serena turns up healthy and with her weight down, it's dog-day afternoon for everybody.

pierce0415
Aug 18th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Sveta and Na are now injured too

lionel
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Silvia seems fully recovered from her injury.
She will probably play New Haven and certaintly UsOpen...

pierce0415
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Um Ana now injured. The list grows

ampers&
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:39 PM
OK...this shit is getting out of hand. :eek:

manu32
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:39 PM
real or diplomatic injuries????

tatianaishott22
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:41 PM
where did you guys see where Ana is hurt .. i just went to WTAtour.com and it says she's ready to go

Mon.
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:44 PM
I'm curious how all will go at the US Open for all the top seeds. And we have to wait and see how well they will play there after coming back from an injury. But damn, this is like an injury virus.

volta
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:45 PM
oh wow thank God we the USO is right ahead cuz a few more weeks and the womens draw would be played without the top 10 or even top 20

tatianaishott22
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:46 PM
I've went to Every Updated websites and nothing about Ana ..she is playing says all these websites i've been to

Mon.
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:48 PM
I've went to Every Updated websites and nothing about Ana ..she is playing says all these websites i've been to

That's weird, but she really is out, still have to update then I guess...

hablo
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:49 PM
don't think so..kim is overplaying..she's begging for some injury. Momo will melt down of course, elena d. seems to be struggling. Justine has a nice chance if she's back to old form

:p

hablo
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:51 PM

they said it live on RDS, one of the canadian station broadcasting the tournament, so... :shrug:

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Today's casualty Report:

Starting to resemble report from Irak. Isn't?
Daily casualty report.
You know it is going to happen, just hoping it is not your favorite player who is the latest victim

tatianaishott22
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Well i am not Believing nothing untill 5:30 USA time ...if shes injured shes probly just really tired ...but idk we will find out

hablo
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Well i am not Believing nothing untill 5:30 USA time ...if shes injured shes probly just really tired ...but idk we will find out

suit yourself :lol:

Mon.
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:58 PM
suit yourself :lol:

You take the words right out of my mouth :lol:

MissJessou
Aug 18th, 2005, 07:58 PM
they said it live on RDS, one of the canadian station broadcasting the tournament, so... :shrug:
Yeah, I've just heard that too..

pinkfrog
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:01 PM
i just counted and came up with 26 players that either pulled out or retired this week, i included players that pulled out early i.e. sharapova and lindsay.

does that sound right? and is that a record?

Pengwin
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Sprem is sick.

njnetswill
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Time to add Myskina. :o

Havok
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Somehow I highly doubt Ana would have given Clijsters the w/o if she was tired.:rolleyes: That would be really pathetic. She probably has some sort of nagging injury that she wants healed in 2 weeks time for the USO.

Havok
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Sprem is sick.
Sadly Sprem doesn't matter now, she isn't a seed, nor inside the top 75 in the world.:sad:

Aussie_Kim
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:35 PM
I'm curious how all will go at the US Open for all the top seeds. And we have to wait and see how well they will play there after coming back from an injury. But damn, this is like an injury virus.
More like a plague! :eek:

tennisrulz8
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:38 PM
That is a lot of injuries.

tennisbum79
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:41 PM
I don't think Nastya should be on the list. At least not just yet.She got treatment on court and was able to come back from 5-3 down and win.

miffedmax
Aug 18th, 2005, 08:47 PM

If Lena D. were to win, I don't care about the circumstances at all. I will burst into song and dance madly about (a sight you will all most likely be spared). I don't care if she has to serve underhand to beat a six-year old girl who's never played tennis before in her life to win a GS. I don't care if she wins every match in a walkover. I will taunt and abuse the Dementiahaters for years to come.

After all, 90% of life is showing up.

But with a couple weeks to heal, I suspect the field will be pretty full for the US Open.

spike83
Aug 18th, 2005, 09:10 PM
If Lena D. were to win, I don't care about the circumstances at all. I will burst into song and dance madly about (a sight you will all most likely be spared). I don't care if she has to serve underhand to beat a six-year old girl who's never played tennis before in her life to win a GS. I don't care if she wins every match in a walkover. I will taunt and abuse the Dementiahaters for years to come.

After all, 90% of life is showing up.

But with a couple weeks to heal, I suspect the field will be pretty full for the US Open.

I'll support with you,
goo lena d, goo lena d, survive the 1R and 4R and the way is open :worship: :devil: