PDA

View Full Version : Mary Withdraws

cakiteror
Aug 16th, 2005, 06:48 PM
:sad:
READ IT ON YAHOO!
I AM SO,SO SORRY!!!
IT SEEMS LIKE HER INJORY IS NOT NAIVE!!!
MARY GET WELL!
WE ALL LOVE YOU!!!

ashwu
Aug 16th, 2005, 08:06 PM
:sad: :sad:

really get well for us open mary!

MissTennisFan
Aug 16th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Get well soon, Mary! :wavey:

sebbe
Aug 16th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Go Mary, get well soon....we miss you already.

dania
Aug 16th, 2005, 08:51 PM
I hope she`ll be back in shape for the US Open.

saby
Aug 16th, 2005, 09:46 PM
so sad I hope she will be fine very soon :sad:

atoutix
Aug 16th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :sad: :sad: :sad:

i hope she will be back to Us Open ...

Lu_Weird
Aug 17th, 2005, 03:27 AM
:crying2: :crying2: :crying2:
I am so sad...

Mary hope you come back just very very very soon!!!

Scotso
Aug 17th, 2005, 05:18 AM
Too bad, she could have picked up a lot of points here.

ClaudiaZ-S
Aug 17th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Can U believe (if she can) go to New Heaven?

Andy.
Aug 17th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Get well for the US Open Mary. I hate this it always happens to her when she starts to get on a roll.

DomenicDemaria
Aug 17th, 2005, 08:13 AM
I think it is a smart move for Mary to withdraw. At least she will have plenty of rest and hopefully she will be fit for the US.

sebbe
Aug 17th, 2005, 11:45 AM
"I was really looking forward to going to Toronto," Pierce said. "I always enjoy playing there and think it’s a great event. I was hoping that my leg would feel better after Los Angeles, but after trying to hit (on Monday), I realized it’s still too soon to come back and play at such a high level of competition. It’s just not 100 percent."

from www.wtatour.com

Andy.
Aug 17th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Lets hope she is fully fit for the US Open where she can do some real damage.

rsunderji
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:15 PM
yeah this is so bad! I was at the rogers cup yesterday (first row mind you!) and it would have been something to have seen her up close and personal. But I just hope she is better for the US Open. I was watching a bio the other day (it was a behind the scenes from the end of season '04 for mens) and they said that when roger federer had a thigh strain that it took him three weeks to get back! So this is Mary's second week out. Hope you get better soon Mary

Rahim

Lu_Weird
Aug 17th, 2005, 05:09 PM
yeah this is so bad! I was at the rogers cup yesterday (first row mind you!) and it would have been something to have seen her up close and personal. But I just hope she is better for the US Open. I was watching a bio the other day (it was a behind the scenes from the end of season '04 for mens) and they said that when roger federer had a thigh strain that it took him three weeks to get back! So this is Mary's second week out. Hope you get better soon Mary

Rahim

Hi Rahim..I really hope you right that Mary will come in two weeks..I feel so bad and sad...I just look the pics of Mary in my PC..Mary's smile is so great.We love you Mary

Mark Spruce
Aug 19th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Well I have not had a computer in like 5 days. As it was broken. Such sad news to come to.

I hope that mary can get better very soon.

Mary wishing you all the best

Mark

vanillalatte
Aug 19th, 2005, 04:00 PM
oh no! that's just so.. sad.
please get better soon, girl
& be ready for the us open!
Allez, Mahree :kiss:

pierce the best
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:52 PM
do you think she will play next week in new haven or forest hills

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:54 PM
do you think she will play next week in new haven or forest hills

Mary is not the type of player who adds tournament in her schedule so i don't think she'll play next week !

Therefore, to play Forest Hills wouldn't be a bad idea ...

pierce the best
Aug 19th, 2005, 05:57 PM
I think also that's not a bad idea to play forest hills

Mark Spruce
Aug 19th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Rest Mary and get well soon Honey

Will be so happy to see you back

Mark

isaboulou
Aug 21st, 2005, 11:35 AM
Voici l'article de l'équipe d'aujourd'hui sur Mary :
Mary a repris l'entrainement vendredi chez elle a sarasota et elle ne souffre plus de la cuisse "ça y est, j'ai enfin rejoué", se réjouissait-elle hier au téléphone, "comme je n'ai pas voulu prendre de risques, j'ai préférer déclarer forfait à toronto et j'ai bien fait car, jusqu'a vendredi je sentais encore une douleur. Là, même si je n'ai pas sollicité mes muscles à 100 %, je sais que ça va beaucoup mieux. Je reste en floride encore un moment pour m'entrainer et je prendrai l'avion pour New York jeudi soir " Vicorieuse à San Diego y'a trois semaines, Pierce s'était ensuite fait une élongation à la cuisse alors qu'elle s'entrainait à Los Angeles. Elle avait donc renoncer à jouer ce tournoi et renoncer cette semaine à celui de toronto

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 21st, 2005, 11:59 AM
Voici l'article de l'équipe d'aujourd'hui sur Mary :
Mary a repris l'entrainement vendredi chez elle a sarasota et elle ne souffre plus de la cuisse "ça y est, j'ai enfin rejoué", se réjouissait-elle hier au téléphone, "comme je n'ai pas voulu prendre de risques, j'ai préférer déclarer forfait à toronto et j'ai bien fait car, jusqu'a vendredi je sentais encore une douleur. Là, même si je n'ai pas sollicité mes muscles à 100 %, je sais que ça va beaucoup mieux. Je reste en floride encore un moment pour m'entrainer et je prendrai l'avion pour New York jeudi soir " Vicorieuse à San Diego y'a trois semaines, Pierce s'était ensuite fait une élongation à la cuisse alors qu'elle s'entrainait à Los Angeles. Elle avait donc renoncer à jouer ce tournoi et renoncer cette semaine à celui de toronto

Thanks so much !
Mary said she has finally replayed !
She pulled out of Toronto because she didn't want to take risks, and she said that it was a good idea because she was still suffered her leg until friday !
She didn't train at 100% but she feels a lot better right now !
She has planned to go to New York thursday evening. :lick:

ClaudiaZ-S
Aug 21st, 2005, 12:28 PM
:banana:

flea
Aug 21st, 2005, 01:19 PM
Merci pour l'info isaboulou !!!! :yeah:

Scotso
Aug 21st, 2005, 02:46 PM
Here's hoping Mary wins the US Open :D

Declan
Aug 21st, 2005, 08:59 PM
Well I got home from Toronto today, and while I certainly missed Mary (after all, she was the primary reason I went!) I still had a good time, and am glad Mary didn't jeopardise her US Open chances, or indeed those of the rest of her season. It was good to see some players in the flesh that I've never seen at Eastbourne, like Tatiana Golovin. I remember Mary saying Tati reminded her of a young herself...Not as much charisma as Mary, and frankly nowhere near as good a player, but still impressive, and stylish too. (Saw a couple of players I'd never seen live before that Mary has lost to, and was frankly amazed that they were ever able to beat even an out-of-shape Mary...namely Granville and Llagostgera Vives -and even Gisela Dulko if I'n being really honest!) Mary was given much attention in the official programme, which was good to see, and I also managed to pick up a French tennis magazine called Tennis Revue, which had plenty Mary stuff in it, including a great two-sided poster.

rsunderji
Aug 21st, 2005, 09:08 PM
I too was at the event, went to three days' worth and quite frankly Mary could have taken this tournament. The worst part is that I was there to watch jhh in her qf match and her sf match, both of which Mary would have been part of had she played, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. I was however able to take a pic with Mary-well no not really, I had to settle for a live statue of her, haha.
I hope the leg is getting better just in time for the US Open.
Oh and I was sitting right beside tatiana's and natalie's coaches when they were playing their doubles match and tried to get their attention by talking to my buddy about natalie's bad words towards mary but to no avail, they didn't pay much attention.