PDA

View Full Version : The Swiss Team

Doris Loeffel
Apr 18th, 2002, 03:19 PM
No surprises for the swiss team against Slowakia.
Teamboss Zoltan Kuharszky and Captain Annemarie Regg anounced the following team:
Patty Schnyder
Emmanuelle Gagliardi
Miroslava Vavrinec
Myriam Casanova

Just in case Mirca won't be able to compete due to her ongoing foot problems she'll be replaced by Daniela Casanova.

The team is preparing in the national tennis-center in Biel over the weekend and is heading of to Bratislava on thuesday.

Also in the slowak team no surprises.
Daniela Hantuchova
Henrietta Nagyova
Janette Husarova
Martina Suche
are nominated.

E. Blackadder
Apr 18th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Why doesn't Martina Hingis play Fed Cup for her country?

Irish
Apr 19th, 2002, 03:41 AM
These matchups would be great to see.

thefreedesigner
Apr 19th, 2002, 09:50 AM
Yeah, it should be a very competitive tie!

Doris Loeffel
Apr 19th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Martina Hingis might get back to the team when they manage to reach the next round.

Unfortunately right now Fed Cup isn't on her priority list. But there are several reason why she isn't playing.

Doris Loeffel
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:04 PM
As almost expected Miroslava Vavrinec anounced her forfait for the Fed Cup due to her ongoing food problems.
She'll be replaced by Daniela Casanova.

Scotso
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:13 PM
It's still a great team! Gagliardi and Schynder will beat Slovakia :D

Gus
Apr 22nd, 2002, 01:27 PM
What are Marty's real reasons for not playing the Fed Cup?
I d love to know...
BTW the problem is that the Swiss players are not Swiss... I m not sure Switzerland should play the Fed Cup.

evaz
Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:56 PM
Patty has been playing great tennis lately and also Emmanuelle had some good results, so Switzerland has got all the chances to beat Slovakia...

GOOD LUCK TO THE SWISS TEAM!

Doris Loeffel
Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:35 PM
Gus guess you have to ask Martina for the real reason. One thing for sure is that she want to concentrate on her own carrer. And playing Fed-Cup right now just doesn't match with her shedule......

Jordan.
Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:56 PM
Vamos Swiss! :kiss:

Beat
Apr 23rd, 2002, 10:41 AM
doris, do you think marie-gaiane will ever play for the fed cup team? i heard she has/had some big problems with the swiss tennis federation. no progress there, then?

Doris Loeffel
Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:08 AM
Beat unfortunately I have no clue if the differences between the family Mikaelian and the Tennis federation is solved. But apparently not otherwise MGM for sure would have made it to the team.

But even without her I believe the Swiss Team still stands its chances against Hantuchova + co.

jay_k
Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:44 PM
Casanova (:eek: ) vs Hantuchova
Great to see.!
but will they play against each other ?

thefreedesigner
Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:08 PM
jay_k: I don't think so. Usually is Top Rank Player Team 1 Vs Top Rank Player Team 2.

That would see a Daniela/Patty confrontation, which should be VERY interesting.

I doubt that either of the Casanova sisters will see singles action unless either Patty or Emmanuelle get injured.

late_fellow
Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:12 PM
good luck Switzerland..:)

Calliope.
Apr 23rd, 2002, 08:21 PM
Go Switzerland! :D ;)

Kisses :wavey:
Marta

mboyle
Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:02 PM
I want Slovakia to win because I like Hantuchova. What do u mean by the Swiss players are not really swiss? I know Hingis is slovakian, but Patty and Emanuelle are Swiss right?

Ryan
Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:33 PM
I'm not sure mboyle. But regardless of where certain players are born, Martina is Swiss thourgh and through.

herodoto
Apr 24th, 2002, 08:33 AM
vamos Suiza!:bounce:
hi Doris:wavey: :kiss:

evaz
Apr 24th, 2002, 09:51 AM
I just read the "Blick" and according to an article posted there, Emanuelle Gagliardi won't play this weekend, because she had the "German Measels" (I hope this is the right word for it). She is feeling already a lot better, but still too weak to play tennis. The rest of the team already travelled to Slovakia yesterday and Emanuelle may be joining them on Friday, just to support them. So the singles players for Switzerland are going to be Patty Schnyder and Myriam Casanova.

Good luck to Switzerland and get well soon, Emanuelle :)

Beat
Apr 24th, 2002, 10:21 AM
oh dear, emanuelle will quite probably not be able to play! now it's gonna be really difficult for the swiss team. go patty and myriam!
who will play doubles? patty and emanuelle are both quite experienced in doubles. what about myriam?

Doris Loeffel
Apr 24th, 2002, 10:26 AM
Too bad Emmanuelle won't be able to play. (Is that girl afriad of having vaccination couse usually you have to have one or at least they recomend it when you haven't had the German Melases as a girl. They usually give the vaccination when you're around 16...)

But I believe Myriam is a great replacement for her. And I still believe that we have a chance!!

Hooooppppp Schwiiiiizzzzz!!

The Countess
Apr 24th, 2002, 10:28 AM
The Swiss are not Swiss?:D :D :D

Well Switzeraland is a country isint it?? Of Course if you are a citezin your are legaly swiss?

Doris Loeffel
Apr 24th, 2002, 11:17 AM
Well I know what they mean. Most of our good players have international influence means aren't 100 pure swiss. (But then what's pure swiss??)

Martina Hingis born in Kosice (which isn't in Switzerland)
MGM (her fahter is armenian)
Miroslava Vavrinec isn't really a swiss name either but I have no clue how long her family has been in Switzerland and where she actually was born

Roger Federer (his mother is from South Africa)
Michel Kratochvil (his father is from oppps is it from ceck?? well he isn't swiss that's for sure ;))

George Bastel (has also the US passport)

As you can see most of our players have some kind of non swiss influence. But that doesn't hinder me to accept them as "our" players anyways :p

thefreedesigner
Apr 24th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Good luck Switzerland! Go Patty! Go Myriam! You girls can do it definitely. :D

Get well soon Emmanuelle. :(

dorette
Apr 24th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Go Switzerland, go go

Myriam plays great tennis after having trained with Martina (this is what Myriam said). And she is not the first one who plays great tennis after having trained with Martina : somebody has a clue ?

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

King Aaron
Apr 24th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Go Myriam !!

Beat
Apr 24th, 2002, 01:22 PM
salut, dorette!
another swiss fan on board!

doris, thanks for your information about the players' origins.

all this talk about certain players not being 100% swiss is a bit silly, because 1. it doesn't matter and 2. it's probably true for a lot of players from other countries as well (capriati, seles etc.).
they all live in florida anyway ;)

Sofiane
Apr 24th, 2002, 01:29 PM
Gus
What are Marty's real reasons for not playing the Fed Cup?
I d love to know...
BTW the problem is that the Swiss players are not Swiss... I m not sure Switzerland should play the Fed Cup

So according to you, the french soccer team (Football) should not play the world cup cause most of the players are not french right? and hence France is not the world champion.

dorette
Apr 25th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Hello Beat !

Thank you for the Swiss welcome !

Where are you from ?

I live near Lausanne and I am a fan from Martina from the very beginning. I love all the Swiss player except Marc Rosset.

Allez les filles !!!

Doris Loeffel
Apr 25th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Hi Sof

Just as well you're not having a look at "our" soccer team ;) :p :wavey:

Scotso
Apr 25th, 2002, 02:15 PM
oh no, poor Manu! :o

It's nice of her to still go and support her team, though!

Go Switzerland! :D

Beat
Apr 25th, 2002, 03:20 PM
hi dorette!

I'm from zurich. and I don't particularly like marc rosset either. though he can be funny in his own peculiar way... ;)

Ryan
Apr 25th, 2002, 08:03 PM
When do the Swiss play?