PDA

View Full Version : Maleeva Cheering Thread

crazillo
Aug 16th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Hope she will do well here despute of her problems. It will be her second last HC tournament ever.

The WTA wants Maggie to withdraw here (read that in an article) to spend less WC's on the next-in-players, but I hope she won't be forced by them to withdraw. Otherwise she would have absolutely no practise going into the USOPEN. Not that she would care anymore about it though... :sad: :(

Still good luck in singles and hopefully doubles, too. :)

Babolatpro880
Aug 16th, 2005, 04:48 PM
It said nowhere in that article that Anne Worcester wants players to withdraw, much less Maleeva specifically. She said she expects some players to withdraw due to all the injuries that have occured this summer.

crazillo
Aug 16th, 2005, 05:57 PM
It said nowhere in that article that Anne Worcester wants players to withdraw, much less Maleeva specifically. She said she expects some players to withdraw due to all the injuries that have occured this summer.

Well, some others and me read that out of that article though...

I still wish her good luck. If she plays.

Babolatpro880
Aug 16th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Even if Worcester did want people to withdraw, it said nothing about Magdalena, her name wasn't even mentioned in the article. You're making it sound like she was named specifically as someone who wasn't wanted in the tournament.

crazillo
Aug 16th, 2005, 06:21 PM
They DID name Maleeva in the article. You obviously read something wrong.

It's her cheering thread nevertheless.

so we stop it here IMO.

MR.MALEEVA
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Does Maggie definitely plan to retire after the US Open? I hope that she will play some indoor events, considering that to be her best surface IMO.

The possible end to a Royal tennis family.... :sad:

Anyhow ....GO Maggie! :worship:

How old Are Manuela's kids anyway?

crazillo
Aug 18th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Katerina's kid Ivo wants to become a pro. Manuela's live in SUI and are happy, she still has a good relationship with her ex-husband.

Maggie herself withdrew from L.A. and toronto due to injury, but some suspect it was lacking motivation. I doubt that though... Would be strnage for her to pull out of her 4th and 5th tournament this year only because of no motivatin, espacially since she loves the Rogers Cup.

I think she will play indoors.