PDA

View Full Version : Monday report

Fingon
Aug 16th, 2005, 04:17 AM
We started the day in the practice court, where we saw Maria Kirilenko and Dinara Safina. Maria must be the sweetest thing in the tour, she was smiling a lot and I took tons of photos.

Next, on to a match, Medina Garrigues vs Safarova.

Safarova is very aggressive, was dictating the points most of the first set, but Medina Garrigues has a great defensive game and was wearing her off.

It was quite funny because Medina Garrigues is very feisty, in one point she said "me cago en la hostia puta", the thing is that I do understand Spanish :lol:

We didn't watch the end of the match because it was really hot, so after a refreshment we came back for Kirilenko - Bartoli.

It was an strange match, Bartoli is one of the weirdest players in the tour, she does manage to serve well and has good groundstrokes, who knows how, her motion is really weird, not only the two-handed on both sides, but on the serve, she stays on her toes, then bends the knees but with the legs separated and then is like she jumps on the ball, quite unorthodox but effective.

Maria couldn't match her power, but then she started to mix it up, she has a quite nice game, she is good at the net and can change pace and directions quite well, when she was doing that she was dictating, but she would fall again in Bartoli's baseline trap.

It was weird because Maria had a medical time out, they put some bandage on her knee, and then Bartoli has one (the trainer finished with Maria and when with Bartoli), something with her feet.

Neither looked injured at all, at the end of the second set, Bartoli called another time out (Maria declined this time ;) ) but then, 0-3 down Maria pulled out, I think she is ok, some problem with her left knee but she was moving alright.

Then we saw Conchita hitting with Penetta, Conchita was her lazy self, wouldn't move much and rather than practicing, was making Penetta practice her volleys, was encouraging her and giving her advise .

Then Golovin - Sprem, man, that was painful, an error fest from both sides, Golovin was a little less bad and that's why she won. I could see one of the evil Bikic brothers in the crowd so any report on Karolina not being with him is a big fat lie.

That's all for now, tomorrow Ana Ivanovic is first on court :fiery: I am not sure if I will be able to catch that match as I have to go to the office first :fiery: :fiery: Ana better beat Tax so I can see her properly in the second round. Ana remains one of my two favourites in this tournament along with Justine, now that Maria Kirilenko is out.

LeRoy.
Aug 16th, 2005, 05:19 AM
what does that thing in spanish mean ? Also you say "we" ? who is with you ? someone from the board.

Wombat
Aug 16th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Hope Maria gets well soon

matthias
Aug 16th, 2005, 07:11 AM
thanks for the report
i hope´you can watch ALG today and tell me about
and what does it means ---> "me cago en la hostia puta"

Fingon
Aug 16th, 2005, 11:45 AM
thanks for the report
i hope´you can watch ALG today and tell me about
and what does it means ---> "me cago en la hostia puta"

I'll try,

hostia is that wafer you eat in church,

me cago means I shit.

puta can be translated as whore or bitch, or fucking depending on context.

so it's something like "I shit on the fucking holy wafer",

a very common swearing expression in Spanish.

jacobruiz
Aug 16th, 2005, 12:33 PM
I'll try,

hostia is that wafer you eat in church,

me cago means I shit.

puta can be translated as whore or bitch, or fucking depending on context.

so it's something like "I shit on the fucking holy wafer",

a very common swearing expression in Spanish.

I love these colorful Spanish expressions!

The funny thing is, in Spain, you even hear the little old ladies talk like this!:lol:

Thanks for the report, Fingon!

propi
Aug 16th, 2005, 12:37 PM
It was quite funny because Medina Garrigues is very feisty, in one point she said "me cago en la hostia puta", the thing is that I do understand Spanish :lol:

:tape::tape::tape::tape::tape:
Great Spanish you understand... Anabel.... if you follow this way you'll be sent to hell :p
Good you had nice time... I guess ALG and Conchita should be a nice match... and don't confuse people, Conchita wasn't lazy, she's saving energies for the match :angel::angel::angel::angel:;)

lauryn
Aug 16th, 2005, 04:36 PM
thanks! :)

King Aaron
Aug 16th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Thanks. :yeah:

ymmad
Aug 16th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Hi,
Newbie here.

I finally got on. Now how do you get the pics need your sign in name? :wavey:

ico4498