PDA

View Full Version : So where is Yuka Yoshida???

brunof
Aug 16th, 2005, 03:53 AM
I posted the same question in the Asian Invasion section, but no one knew. I thought maybe someone would know, and respond, since this place has more traffic. It seems as if Yuka was coming into good form early in the year, but hasn't played since losing first round (qs) of Roland Garros. So, whats up with her? Has she called it quits?

Speaking of retirement, I assume Jess Lehnhoff has moved on?

rated_next
Aug 16th, 2005, 04:08 AM
Lehnhoff has moved on

I think Yuka is injured or decided to retire, since she isn't registered for the US Open either :sad:

Ceecor
Aug 16th, 2005, 04:21 AM
mm didnt Yuka Yoshida play soni suzuki in the much loved theatre piece "how to mount fuji" ...actually i think retired...but dont quote me.

jirobkk
Aug 16th, 2005, 04:25 AM
Tennis commentator. I think

pcrtennis
Aug 16th, 2005, 04:26 AM
I just e-mailed her website so I should get a reply soon...I'll let you know when I hear back for sure.

Ceecor
Aug 16th, 2005, 04:31 AM
Tennis commentator. I think

I reckon your right....journo or reporter..rings a bell on something i heard but wasnt sure.

brunof
Aug 16th, 2005, 04:57 AM
Lehnhoff has moved on

I think Yuka is injured or decided to retire, since she isn't registered for the US Open either :sad:

I guess Yuka is no longer a spring chicken, so it's understandable that she has moved on...:sad:

And for Jessica, she seemed pretty competitive when I saw her, but perhaps she is too smart for her own good -- and obviously playing pro tennis wasn't her first choice years ago, and isn't now. She could have done well, but best of luck to her with whatever she is now doing!