PDA

View Full Version : S Asagoe (JPN) def. (WC)A Wozniak (CAN) 6-2 6-2

Boss monkey
Aug 15th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Great match for Asagoe, but can help but feel sad for Alex.

pla
Aug 15th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Yeah, poor Aleks. She must have been really under pressure, playing at home, at such a big event.

next time she will be better

Boss monkey
Aug 15th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah, poor Aleks. She must have been really under pressure, playing at home, at such a big event.

Just hope she does not draw Asagoe ;) .

ezekiel
Aug 15th, 2005, 08:46 PM
She must have been too nervous

RenaSlam.
Aug 15th, 2005, 08:47 PM
:)

matthieu_tennis
Aug 15th, 2005, 08:51 PM
yes she just didnt hit she make high ball when she accelerate the ball omg its so beautiful

Elldee
Aug 15th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Shinobu played really well... I hope she beats Hantuchova in the next round.

Libertango
Aug 15th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Shinobu looked good today!! GO Shino! :hearts:

jimbo mack
Aug 15th, 2005, 09:48 PM
shinobu played a good match- really solid, hardly any mistakes

you would never have thought she's in a slump right now

if she keeps this form up she could be dangerous in this tournament

pcrtennis
Aug 15th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Go Shinobu, she has a good draw and she's dangerous!

Dexter
Aug 15th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Good luck Ola, next time :yeah:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Aug 15th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Finally Shinobu, you win a match :p

:woohoo:

Junex
Aug 16th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Shinobu looked good today!! GO Shino! :hearts:

specially the dress...

i am so loving the ensemble color coordinated with her wristband!

go shino, its time for winning....!!!
remember the points you are to defend in the USO!

K-Dog
Aug 16th, 2005, 01:34 AM
I'm :fiery:!!!!! This Wozniak girl has a Reebok contract and VENUS doesn't!! WHAT THE HELL????!!!!!!:bs:

vw.
Aug 16th, 2005, 01:36 AM
I'm :fiery:!!!!! This Wozniak girl has a Reebok contract and VENUS doesn't!! WHAT THE HELL????!!!!!!:bs:
I'd think since shes a junior, Reebok just gives her free clothes.. and doesn't pay her... so I guess shes in the same league as Venus... which STILL isnt okay!

selyoink
Aug 16th, 2005, 02:33 AM
Nice to see Asagoe pick up a win. I hope she can win a couple more matches.

CanadianBoy21
Aug 16th, 2005, 03:16 AM
It was a bad match. They said the erros/winners ration and it was BAD.
Wozniak moves like a tank on the court, she is too slow. But she is only 17 so I give her credit for really putting the work in! Very impressive. The defensive lobs need to go. I guess she took that with her from the junior's.
I am being too critical, but in order for her to improve she needs to get lot fitter and forget about the defensive lobs, these women are too good now adays and slam them away.

blerr
Aug 16th, 2005, 03:30 AM
Wozniak moves like a tank on the court, she is too slow. But she is only 17 so I give her credit for really putting the work in! Very impressive. The defensive lobs need to go. I guess she took that with her from the junior's.
I am being too critical, but in order for her to improve she needs to get lot fitter and forget about the defensive lobs, these women are too good now adays and slam them away.

Totally agree.. She just moved so slowly and sluggishly.. with more fitness, she could become a much better player.. she was definitely shown today thats shots at a junior level can't always produce the same results on a professional level....but really, when she acclerated through the ball, she hit some nice shot, esp. the forehand. the serve was pretty good as well..

Asagoe played GREAT as well, so that doesn't help.:p

ezekiel
Aug 16th, 2005, 05:34 AM
“During the match, I made a lot of errors,” said Wozniak. “I didn't play a great game. She won the match because I made a lot of mistakes. I can't really say that she played good. I was pretty tight in the match.”

:rolleyes:

Shana
Aug 16th, 2005, 07:27 AM
Finally...., Asagoe ;)

ex hopman
Aug 16th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Finally!! Yes, Shino!!
:)

@m@nd@
Aug 16th, 2005, 08:24 AM
:woohoo: at least she won 4 games :D

Elldee
Aug 16th, 2005, 08:49 AM
That quote is so rude. Most of the errors from Wozniak were during long rallies where Asagoe just outrallied her from the back of the court skipping around the ball. She was lucky to win 4 games, IMO.

Maryamator
Aug 16th, 2005, 08:52 AM

yep..

TheBoiledEgg
Aug 16th, 2005, 10:28 AM
doesnt look too bright for "Spoon Girl" that she only won 4 games vs a slumping Shinobu a year after she played her in same event -and no progress made.

that was pretty woeful, Shinobu just got the job done with little fuss.

davidmario
Aug 16th, 2005, 10:52 AM
so true :worship: Wozniak didn't seem to be motivated. She made too many easy errors. She needs to drop 10 pounds of weight ;)
It was such a poor match :(

Veritas
Aug 16th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Good win for Shinobu :) She needs some confidence going into the US Open.

“During the match, I made a lot of errors,” said Wozniak. “I didn't play a great game. She won the match because I made a lot of mistakes. I can't really say that she played good. I was pretty tight in the match.”

I can hardly blame her for feeling that way. Shinobu's in a shocking slump so far and losing to someone who hasn't won more than 2 matches since the French Open doesn't look good on a professional's resume.

But I think she should be more careful with her choice of words. She might've put down Shinobu, but all Wozniak's done is made a spectacle of herself: what does it say about her as a tennis player when she loses so easily to someone slumping?

GoDominique
Aug 16th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Wozniak is horrible.

davidmario
Aug 16th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Wozniak is horrible.
:worship: She was annoying me. Everytime they showed a close-up of her I wanted to change the channel, but I like Shinobu so I did not. The commentator said what a talent she is but there was no fighting spirit out there. Ok: She's just 17-years-old :o but...remember that Venus reached the US Open Final in that age and Maria won Wimbledon :wavey:

Ryan
Aug 16th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Not everyone can bel ike Venus. Aleks has a fantastic first serve, and great groundstrokes which were barely on display today. She moves poorly, but produced some nice defensive slices. She needs to work on court tactics too. Her "approach" shots were :tape:, probably acceptable at the Junior level though.

blumaroo
Aug 16th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Wozniak will never be a top player. I've never seen a player so slow before. And her strokes don't have enough punch. Serve might have a good speed but is predictable. Next.
Asagoe was a lil erratic as always but she had some nice bh winners.

rrfnpump
Aug 16th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Shinobu :) :D

find your form back, please!

crazillo
Aug 16th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Shino :)

Ellery
Aug 16th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Shinobu :D :worship:
Aleksandra :sad:

Warhol
Aug 16th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Congrats Shinobu! :)

Good luck in your next match.

matthieu_tennis
Aug 16th, 2005, 03:18 PM
she was very nervous and dont hit the ball because her flat backhand is very powerful she has a good forehand Dtl but she just dont move and hit moonball today it was sad to trist

cellophane
Aug 16th, 2005, 04:57 PM
I was not impressed with Wozniak at all.

The Pro
Aug 17th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Good win for Shinobu :) She needs some confidence going into the US Open.

I can hardly blame her for feeling that way. Shinobu's in a shocking slump so far and losing to someone who hasn't won more than 2 matches since the French Open doesn't look good on a professional's resume.

But I think she should be more careful with her choice of words. She might've put down Shinobu, but all Wozniak's done is made a spectacle of herself: what does it say about her as a tennis player when she loses so easily to someone slumping?

I thought Shinobu played ok, showing no real signs of being in a slump.

I hope she uses this win to get a good inning here.