PDA

View Full Version : Memorable Tennis Shots

skanky~skanketta
Aug 15th, 2005, 08:32 PM
what are the most memorable shots that you've hit on court while playing?

well, i'll name my top 5.

1) me and my dad were playing and i kept bragging about how my court coverage was good and he kept making me run. anyway, one point, he hit a really good serve but i managed to lob it bck. unfortunately, he loves those kinda shots and hit it hard from side to side. anyway, after about 14-15 shots of my just running and pushing it it he hit a really hard ball to my back corner. i barely got to it and hit a lob. it landed just after the net and my dad hit a smash to the other corner but i knew he would and started running immd after hitting the first lob. i got to hit and threw in another lob. he smashed it but i was there in time and i hit a smash off a smash. it was terrific!i just yelled and started hopping up and down like i won the match (i didn't. i lost 6-3 7-5)

2) i was playing a really tight match against a friend of mine and on this particular point, she kept attacking my forehand. i dont know how, but i actually managed to keep up. then i got the courage and hit it DTL. of course, she got to hit and hit it to my bh side. next thing i knew, she was making me move from side to side. after about 18 shots she hit a really good approach to my FH side. it was the sort of ball the just moved away from you. i hit it and she hit a volley to my bh side. i dont know how but i got to it and hit a bh slice DTL passing shot. it felt so good because once she hit the volley there, i saw here pump her fist as if she won the point!pfffft!(i won 6-3 3-6 6-4)

3) a coupla weeks back i pplaed this guy who was really good. anyway, i was down 5-3 30-15 in the 3rd set but i kept thinking "vee, just be like serena or something. please!" anyway, all match i was so scared to go to the net cuz he passed and lobbed really well (not good cuz i am great at the net).anyway, after about a 10 shot rally, i hit a really pathetic junkball and dashed to the net, just desperate to do something. hit hit a lob and i dont know how but i just hit a high FH volley that landed on the line. i mean, i didn't even look at the ball. and right after that shot i knew i was gonna win the match. which i did.(i dont remember the first 2 sets, but i won the final set 7-5)

4) i hit a fast serve out wide that was an ace. i was shocked!i mean, not because it was out wide but because it was a speedy serve!i never hit fast serves (bad serving technique)

5) i hit a off backhand winner off a really good first serve. granted it was a bit flukey because i was just wiming to hit the ball to the middle, but i remember it so well!

you guys go noW!

TomTennis
Aug 15th, 2005, 08:38 PM
lol. that is a lot!

Ill type mine in a bit! lol!

cartmancop
Aug 15th, 2005, 08:45 PM
One day my friend & I were playing when I had an idea. I decided no matter how he served the next point I was going to hit a 1-handed bh just for laughs. He hit an extremely hard first serve out wide & I somehow ripped a perfect 1-handed bh crosscourt for an amazing winner. We both kind of stood there stunned for like 2 minutes... it was a very memorable shot.

*I also once saved a matchpoint while running after a good shot on the opposite sideline I somehow got my racket on the ball & flicked a 1-handed bh lob that landed perfectly on the baseline & out of reach. (I won the match;))

*I mishit a serve one day that I think also hit a crack & bounced 6 feet over my friend's head. It was a perfect ace :devil:

skanky~skanketta
Aug 15th, 2005, 09:12 PM
bump!

blerr
Aug 15th, 2005, 09:15 PM
* Being pushed side to side with huge, looping forehands, and I just kept getting the balls back to the center of the court.... finally, my opponent ripped one up the line (flat)...when I got to it, i was like "fuck it"....and absolutely RIPPED a forehand crosscourt with a huge angle and he just watched.. it was a HUGE pt for me!

* I was being moved all over the court (I'm a goood mover:p)...i was like 2 feet behind the baseline...and after a really long rally of jsut bashing with this guy, he threw in a well-disguised dropshot... i sprinted forward and last millisecond streched and dropshot it back for the pt...

I'll say more later..

tennisIlove09
Aug 15th, 2005, 09:22 PM
I was serving to my older brother...he hit a wicked forehand return cross court...I barely got it back and went back cross court. I started to move to the center of the court, and he went behind me...i stretched and hit another cross court forehand...that time he struggled to get it, and put up a short ball, so I wacked away a forehand winner cross court again. It was just awesome, because I felt out of the point on a few times.

Spunky83
Aug 15th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Forehand down the line on the full run hit from the doubles field sideline right into the corner, passing my friend who came up a bit...couldn´t believe it would go in but it did. My friend just laughed and said: "Noooooo way...you are an a**!!!"

deja_entendu
Aug 15th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Hmm, when I lost 3-6 1-6 to the #1 high school player in south jersey :bounce: quite an accomplishment at the time because he would double bagel the best kids in the state, so I definitely had one of the most respectable scores against him of anyone lol... but at one point we were bashing groundstrokes, I was about 10 feet behind the baseline and hit a backhand down the line that landed in the corner, one of the hardest shots I hit and it flew by him for a winner... mind you it wasn't the most amazing or creative shot, but against someone as good as he was it was quite rewarding to hit a few winners against him, make him think he ain't that damn good :p

andrewbroad
Sep 21st, 2005, 09:01 PM
I remember once hitting a two-handed crosscourt forehand winner of amazing speed into my father's forehand-corner.

"I bet you can't do that again!" he said. Sadly he was right.

--
Dr. Andrew Broad
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/)
http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/ (http://www.geocities.com/andrewbroad/tennis/)

!<blocparty>!
Sep 21st, 2005, 09:09 PM
I don't really remember specific shots :lol:

But I was playing doubles tonight. The other pair on court 2 had stopped playing. It was 5-5 in the second set tiebreaker. I served and had this FH topspun EXTREME angle shot hit back cross court to me, it bounced really high so I was able to run into the other court. I just about got to it and thought, fuck this, and ripped a forehand around the net post to land on the tramline corner. Everyone was like, OMG. And, there was lots of people watching. I loved it :cool:

Spunky83
Sep 21st, 2005, 09:43 PM
OMG...At first I read: Most memorable Tennis shoes :lol:

The thread is back;)

FaceyFacem
Sep 21st, 2005, 10:07 PM
i have 3:

1) i was in a practice match vs. another kid in my league where his coach was on his sideline and mine was helping me...he served into my body on the deuce side to my backhand and i just fought it off and hit an inside-out backhand short angle winner...it bounced on the sideline within the deuce box on his court, my coach looked at me and said "there is no way you meant to do that"
2) a few weeks ago it was deuce, my opponent serving 5-3, i had already saved a set point and we had an epic point where i ran down everything back and forth over and over and eventually he came to net and hit a backhand volley deep into my backhand corner and i just ran as fast as possible to it and smacked the ball as hard as i could and hit a winner passing shot down the line and screamed "COME ON!!!!" at the top of my lungs...i lost the next 3 points, the set, and eventually the match
3) it was the massachusetts state quarterfinals vs. our rival school newton north, out school had never made it to the state semifinals so this was critical, and i was playing doubles, and it was tied 2 matches a piece, so all the other kids and all the audience was watching our match, i was serving 4-4 in the 5th set in the deuce court and i tried for a slice serve out wide, right as i made contact with the ball the racquet came flying out of my hand due to it being so sweaty, we all looked at my racquet smack the ground, and then i looked up and saw the ball bounce just inside the sideline for an ace, the entire crowd stood silent and i said "that counts" and everyone erupted in wild applause...sadly at 5-5 my partner double faulted 3 times to lose his serve and we lost 7-5 in the 3rd set of the deciding match

other funny experiences:
-one match a dog barked everytime i grunted when i hit the ball
-one time i hit a return in mixed doubles at the net person and knocked her hat off her head

WimbledonGreen7
Sep 21st, 2005, 10:14 PM
in my school team, i hit a double handed forehand winner cross court, the ball blasted through the fence, lol

Venusfan4EvEr
Sep 21st, 2005, 10:14 PM
1) one time i was playing this girl at a tennis tournament and she had me at this point she was running me around the court and eventually she tried a drop shot but i got to it and then she hit a really high lob and i chased after it and hit it facing the ball i put both hands on the racket and hit it like i was holding a fishing pole and swung it over and hit a good high lob i was so amazed that i basically watched her hit the overhead and she it kinda soft but had good angle but i chased after it and hit a dth fh passing shot and i was like yelling and she chunked her racket

another time i was serving on a clay surface and i hit a really hard serve but it hit the back of the tape and flew up like 15 feet in the air for an ace, it was pretty funny!

~Cherry*Blossom~
Sep 21st, 2005, 10:21 PM
Against my friend, I hit my first ever drop shot!! It was of the return of the second serve at it was at shoulder height!!! She is a real fast runner, so I was shocked when she couldn't reach it!!!

In the same match, I hit perhaps the hardest forehand I have ever hit in my life!! I was kinda tentative with my backhand, so when I got the chance I ran around it a spanked a forehand down the line! It was amazing! She just stood still.

On match point (same match) I hit the weirdest serve (fluke :o) I don't know how, but it was aimed down the T and bounced real low. When it bounce, it went out wide! It was absolutely funny! My fave serve! She got a racket to it, but she didn't get it in court!! She just scream "fuck" :lol: I won 6-1 6-3 (the last time I ever won a set off her)

Prior to that match, we played a 5 set match (played over two days because we were tired after the third set on the first day :lol: ) and in the fourth set she lead 5-3 and then on my break point we got into a long rally and the ball kept coming to my forehand ( ;) ). Then she hit to my backhand and it was close to my body, so I just whacked it and it turned out to be a really good lob!! She got it back and lobbed me. I ran back to get it! With my back facing the net, I managed to hit the ball back over the net, where she hit a shot back and I somehow half volleyed it back and she hit it in the net!
I won the set in a tiebreak and won the match 3-6 4-6 7-5 7-6(1) 6-2. :bounce:

I played against my ex before and he has a huge serve (that I can never hit) However, this time I hit a winner off it (and hit my head with the raquet at the same time) But boy was it worth it! I lost 6-0 6-0 winning only 5 points (I think) the entire match :tape:

tucker1989
Sep 21st, 2005, 10:50 PM
Once playing doubles I was at the net and I lunged for a volley and then kind of did a 360. When I turned back around and saw the ball bouncing on my side I assumed that we had lost the point, but in fact I had hit a slice that hit the other side of the court and bounced back onto mine.

Another time playing doubles I hit a backhand down the line off of a drop shot and my shot went outside of the netpost and landed in the court.

In a singles club match I was serving and we had a really long point. Suddenly he took me off the court as he hit a backhand into the ad-corner and ran into the net I ran for it and hit a one handed backhand lob right over his head and deep in the court for a winner.

new-york
Sep 21st, 2005, 10:58 PM
first time i played, i was 12 or around, we played double, i took the racquet, we began, i hit a forehand between the two player with so much power and precision.
i played ok the rest of the match and leave tennis...but i want to feel those shots again.

SpikeyAidanm
Sep 22nd, 2005, 12:47 AM
1. Backhand slice lob winner in the first set against the No 1 guy from Blackburn.
& numerous more. Miss my playing days.