PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps there should be a non-moderated forum...

Joana
Aug 14th, 2005, 03:16 PM
... for all the Graf vs Seles debates, bashing threads like "Justine cheats all the time", "Williams are arrogant and bad for tennis", "Sharapova is a fluke" etc. So the people who get off on repeating the same things 67687699879687 times could finally have their fun without bothering the rest of us. And of course, threads like those and off-topic discussion in otherwise normal threads would immediately get deleted in GM. I think it would be a good idea, though I realize it's not happening,

*JR*
Aug 14th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Joana, I personally like the idea, though as Car Key Boi once argued, ppl "come here to fight", and he may have been right. :eek: (Board co-founder Poe "kind of agreed" with him re. sports boards in general, BTW). As you're the very model of tolerance re. the recent decade of trouble in your homeland :angel: I hope they listen 2U, though. :)

Chunchun
Aug 14th, 2005, 04:00 PM
:lol: gotta love that :D

and that should not be called a non-modarated forum, it should be called "The Troll forum" :devil:, which letting posters fight against each other :drool:

*JR*
Aug 14th, 2005, 04:21 PM
:lol: gotta love that :D

and that should not be called a non-modarated forum, it should be called "The Troll forum" :devil:, which letting posters fight against each other :drool:
For the board's legal protection, the mods/admins would probably have to delete posts threatening ppl, though. And trolling is different (maybe err "deserving" :o of its own forum) as those threads are often totally fake. IMO, the Fight Forum Joana suggested ought 2B reserved for threads like "Elena Dementieva is a disgrace to Russian tennis". :lol:

iPatty
Aug 14th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Speaking of trolls... whats wrong with that Gotcha person? She/He needs some help.

Chunchun
Aug 14th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Speaking of trolls... whats wrong with that Gotcha person? She/He needs some help.

yeah. the hardest part to help him is that he doesn't even know he's a bit wrong.

Gotcha!
Aug 14th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan...........

Pengwin
Aug 14th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan Moan...........
Why have you disallowed PMs?

Ekkekko
Aug 14th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Why have you disallowed PMs?
He's banned.

Pengwin
Aug 14th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Dnt worry, he has 6 accounts

ampers&
Aug 15th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Dnt worry, he has 6 accounts
Oh, goody. :rolleyes:

griffin
Aug 15th, 2005, 02:26 PM
... for all the Graf vs Seles debates, bashing threads like "Justine cheats all the time", "Williams are arrogant and bad for tennis", "Sharapova is a fluke" etc. So the people who get off on repeating the same things 67687699879687 times could finally have their fun without bothering the rest of us. And of course, threads like those and off-topic discussion in otherwise normal threads would immediately get deleted in GM. I think it would be a good idea, though I realize it's not happening,

The trolls would still post in GM, because they want to encourage stupidity, and non-trolls who just don't know any better would still post crap because they don't realize that their shit stinks, too.

But I fell your pain and I'm glad you got that off your chest :)