PDA

View Full Version : Lena`s service

Dementirilenko
Aug 12th, 2005, 08:55 PM
I think we all know that Lena`s service is sometimes funny to watch but I say that real Fans of her are not angry about when she hits lots and lots of double - faults and when she loses a match because her service does not work. I respect her, cause she made it into the top ten and she`s able to defend her position there. There are many other players who have a better service and maybe a better game too but her serve is very special and difficult for her opponents to "read". Its really impressive, or better SHE is really impressive.
I would say that its a good one and it makes her game more interesting. I think she improved her serve a bit ( she now hits a bit more aces) and she´s on a good way. She will make it and we will always support her.

Dementinator
Aug 12th, 2005, 08:59 PM
of course we will always support her ,shes great!

Dementinator
Aug 12th, 2005, 09:00 PM
BTW come and join us onboard the SS Dementieva!! the more the merrier!!

kammgretel
Aug 13th, 2005, 10:11 PM
#6 s3 Elena Dementieva RUS d #35 s17 Marion Bartoli FRA 6-3, 7-6(4)

Elena after match point

Elena said: "I'm trying to get the confidence on my serve. I feel better about my serve and that’s why I am playing doubles-- to work on my serve. I will step on the court tomorrow and do what I need to do."

#6 s3 Elena Dementieva RUS d #53 Samantha Stosur AUS 6-4, 6-3 Wed

Elena instructing the ball not to move before she hits her serve

Elena said: "I'm very happy to win this match. I was struggling with my serve the whole match, and [Jill] was putting so much pressure on her serve. I couldn't really do what I wanted in the right motion... But I didn't want to stay and play three sets. It was hot, and she was in good shape. So I started go for winners... It's good for me to play more matches on the hard courts so I can feel more comfortable and be ready for the US Open."

#6 s3 Elena Dementieva RUS d #81 q Tathiana Garbin ITA 6-1, 6-1

Elena Dementieva

Elena said: "I felt confident with every shot I was making. I was ready for every single shot... I played too fast for [Tathiana]. Everything I tried worked, even my drop shots... I was happy to finish a match like that in less than a hour, so now I have a nice rest before my semifinal match tomorrow."

________
Los Angeles, SFs, Sat 1pm
losers' prize: $24,300 US; points: 88
#6 s3 Elena Dementieva RUS v #23 s9 Daniela Hantuchova SVK 3-6, 4-6
________