PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who have been there before...

slyde2
Aug 11th, 2005, 06:45 PM
I'm going to be up at New Haven for three or four days this week (already have tickets for four sessions so far). I know where my seats are for the main stadium, but I was wondering about the side courts.

If anyone out there reading this has been there before, what kind of access/visibility is there to all of the non-main court action? With men and women playing there this year, there will be a ton of matches going on, and I'm usually more excited to wander around the side courts than I am to sit in the main one for a whole day.

If any one can shed some light on this it would be of great service to me, and I will make sure to get some nice picture action while I am there.

CooCooCachoo
Aug 11th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Can't help you, but have fun ;)

Andrew..
Aug 11th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Outside courts are all unassigned seating, except for the first two rows of the Grandstand, which are for weeklong boxseat holders only. Grandstand, Court 1, Court 2 and Court C are all viewable. They're holding women's qualies offsite this year.

Berlin_Calling
Aug 11th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Outside courts are all unassigned seating, except for the first two rows of the Grandstand, which are for weeklong boxseat holders only. Grandstand, Court 1, Court 2 and Court C are all viewable. They're holding women's qualies offsite this year.

do you know where the qualies will be held? id like to take a visit there. how bout the mens qualies?

twight6
Aug 13th, 2005, 03:51 PM
The qualifying is being held off site??? :confused: :sad:. I too am going and was hoping to see atleast the finals of qualifying... any idea where its being held?

BTW, i can't help you with anything cause this is my 1st year. But i would prefer to walk around and get some of the outercourts, and be able to take many pics of players. Maybe i'll see you there ;)

Andrew..
Aug 13th, 2005, 05:30 PM
I should take back part of what I said. I'm not sure exactly which qualifying matches will be held offsite, but some of them will be. Not sure if it will be the men, women, or some of both.

twight6
Aug 13th, 2005, 06:42 PM
I should take back part of what I said. I'm not sure exactly which qualifying matches will be held offsite, but some of them will be. Not sure if it will be the men, women, or some of both.

oh, ok. thanks :D

bosox86
Aug 16th, 2005, 07:46 PM
all qualifying matchs will be held on site. practice courts will be available off site. there was talk of haveing some qualifying off site but they shyed away from that.

slyde2
Aug 16th, 2005, 11:02 PM
Any list yet for the qualifying draw? Figure it has to be available soon.

Thanks if anyone has it.

Andrew..
Aug 16th, 2005, 11:05 PM
You won't know until the qualifying draw comes out, which will probably not be until Thursday evening.