PDA

View Full Version : Toronto

Sam's Slave
Aug 10th, 2005, 02:29 AM
she's still in the draw...if she'withdraw she'll do it "last minute"...
so let's hope she'll play and be fit to do well and that she'll play new haven and the open too...

gillibean
Aug 10th, 2005, 02:46 AM
Alicia Molik will announce today whether she has recovered sufficiently from a debilitating middle-ear infection to take her place in this month's US Open, with the world No.13 likely to play after a brief lead-up.

Apart from an aborted attempt to play Wimbledon, Molik has been sidelined by vestibular neuronitis, a condition that affects her balance and causes dizziness, since April. She played just one match before Wimbledon, a straight sets defeat by American Laura Granville in Birmingham.

Molik's manager Lisa Chaffey said the 24-year-old was "close to being right" but would not risk going to the US unless she felt she could be competitive.

Regardless of Molik's decision, Australia will have only a small contingent in New York. Only Lleyton Hewitt (ranked third) and Wayne Arthurs (96) will gain automatic entry to the men's main draw, while Samantha Stosur (54) is the only other woman assured a start.

Mr_Molik
Aug 10th, 2005, 07:24 AM
fingers crossed

ozfan44
Aug 10th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Regardless of Molik's decision, Australia will have only a small contingent in New York. Only Lleyton Hewitt (ranked third) and Wayne Arthurs (96) will gain automatic entry to the men's main draw, while Samantha Stosur (54) is the only other woman assured a start.

who wrote this crap?

Pratt is also direct entry! :p
Dominikovic is top of next in list :p

gillibean
Aug 10th, 2005, 12:39 PM
smh.com.au

Sam's Slave
Aug 11th, 2005, 06:16 PM
she has withdrawn from toronto...:sad:

ozfan44
Aug 12th, 2005, 08:52 AM
but she is playing us open and new haven (if they give her a wc!) :bounce: :worship:

soporificeffect
Aug 13th, 2005, 06:39 AM
but she is playing us open and new haven (if they give her a wc!) :bounce: :worship:
why does she need a wc? is she going to drop so much in the ranking?

louloubelle
Aug 13th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Didn't enter originally.

She should play quallies if she doesn't get the w/c... some good matchs would be nice.

Aussie_Kim
Aug 14th, 2005, 03:57 AM
I just read in the Sunday paper that Alicia is on her way to US this week.
It was a really nice article & they said she has even been training in the rain to get herself fit!
I really hope she does well at US Open & is able to defend a lot of her points from her great run after US Open last year.

alibaby
Aug 14th, 2005, 02:30 PM
I just read in the Sunday paper that Alicia is on her way to US this week.
It was a really nice article & they said she has even been training in the rain to get herself fit!
I really hope she does well at US Open & is able to defend a lot of her points from her great run after US Open last year.
she trained even in the rain??oh,my ali-baby is so tough!! :kiss: :hearts: i just hope it pays of in due time!!come back soon,i miss you,ali-baby!! :kiss:

your biggest german fan

Ntour
Aug 15th, 2005, 01:08 PM
yes go alicia yay yay im so excited!

she wont be seeded top 8 at the US though so shell meet seeded players sooner
oh well hope she does well

foreva lindsay
Aug 15th, 2005, 07:53 PM
yay shes back :D great news!!!