View Full Version : Article

MaryPierceFan
Aug 8th, 2005, 10:53 AM
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=68&click_id=30&art_id=qw1123479181633S163

They wrote there: "After plaing in LA ... Pierce will take a two-week break..."

So is Mary gonna miss Toronto?

saby
Aug 8th, 2005, 11:35 AM
she has to play the fed cup after the USO...

MaryPierceFan
Aug 8th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Fed Cup is after the US Open. Toronto is in one week. This has nothing to do with Toronto.

saby
Aug 8th, 2005, 12:03 PM
yes it's after but Mary has to play the fed cup

toronto, uso, fed cup, maybe kolkata with Mahesh, after lux or filderstadt, moscow, zurich, linz, if it's her schedule :eek: (Mary is usually playing those tournamen)

do you understand what i mean?

MaryPierceFan
Aug 8th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Do You mean that she is playing too much? What doeh Fed Cup and the rest have to do with Toronto? Her tournaments for the summer are : San Doego, LA and Toronto. But in the article they wrote: "After LA she has two-week break". Do You think she won't play Toronto?

saby
Aug 8th, 2005, 12:53 PM
if she said she will take 2 weeks off, she will not play Toronto, LA will be over the 14th, Toronto start the 15th, it's clearly impossible, she can't have 2 weeks off or maybe she will play toronto and not the week before USO (she usually doesn't play this week) oh mary :confused:

What I meant about her schedule is Mary will play until the 30th of october with maybe with only one week off (the last week of september) I think it's a lot with Mary's game :eek:

I hope she will play Toronto...only Mary knows

Declan
Aug 8th, 2005, 02:44 PM
I'll be bitterly disappointed if she skips Toronto, as I'm going over there expressly to see her!!

rsunderji
Aug 8th, 2005, 09:03 PM
oh no I hope she doesn't miss toronto I have tickets to four days worth of matches oh no!

saby
Aug 8th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Did someone check on the Toronto link?

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 8th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Do You mean that she is playing too much? What doeh Fed Cup and the rest have to do with Toronto? Her tournaments for the summer are : San Doego, LA and Toronto. But in the article they wrote: "After LA she has two-week break". Do You think she won't play Toronto?

Je crois qu'il te prend pour une grosse demeurée Saby, genre "kess ke tu racontes avec ta fed cup, ca parle de toronto et de deux semaines off"
:lol:

Saby is right, Mary's schedule is (too) FULL !
SDiego, LA, Toronto, one week, USO, FCup, an Indian tournament ... !!!
Gosh, it's not possible, Mary is not a player who plays every week like Clijsters, Panova or Schnyder !

So Saby was saying that Mary has probably pulled out of Montreal because she knows that she'll have to play a lot of weeks in a row in September !

The final fed cup will prevent Mary of having rest, that's why she has probably chosen to miss Toronto !
But i'm a little bit surprise that Mary chose to skip a tournament she adores ... But why not, she surely prefers to be at her best for Flushing !

Well, we'll see, for the moment, Mary is still scheduled to play in Toronto, so nobody can answer u MaryPierceFan, how do u want us to know ?!!
We'll see ... perhaps if Mary has an early upset in LA, she will go to Toronto, whereas is she goes far in the draw, she will chose to retire from the second tier one of the summer !

:wavey:

saby
Aug 8th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Je crois qu'il te prend pour une grosse demeurée Saby, genre "kess ke tu racontes avec ta fed cup, ca parle de toronto et de deux semaines off"
:lol:

La demeurée :retard: te remercie d'avoir expliqué à miss marypiercefan mon point de vue ;)
je croyais pourtant avoir été claire mais bon question pédagogie j'ai des efforts à faire je vois :p au moins toi tu as compris ce que je voulais dire :lol:

MaryPierceFan
Aug 9th, 2005, 06:51 AM
!

Well, we'll see, for the moment, Mary is still scheduled to play in Toronto, so nobody can answer u MaryPierceFan, how do u want us to know ?!!
We'll see ... perhaps if Mary has an early upset in LA, she will go to Toronto, whereas is she goes far in the draw, she will chose to retire from the second tier one of the summer !

:wavey:

Sure You can't answer me! I only posted the link here because I thought that maybe some of You heard or red somewhere something about it. ;) :p

cakiteror
Aug 9th, 2005, 11:38 AM
i hope she plays in toronto!
but if she needs to rest,she needs to rest!lol
about US open,i dont care about it too much,i mean she has 2 GS,and when ever she was expected to do something,well she couldnt put up with pressure,so lets not expect anything!
i only wish she has fun,because she has all the shots,guys our MARY has perfect shots,and when MARY is having fun her shots are the greatest in the world!
MARY is a complete player,better then ever!
i love her!looool

Frenchragazzo
Aug 9th, 2005, 12:36 PM
In L'Equipe, today, there is an article about Mary's victory and Mary tells them she will play at LA then at Toronto !
It's also said that Mary told before San Diego first round she had three aims :

1) To be in the top 10 again
2) To be qualified for the Masters
3) To win another Grand Slam

She also says she's never felt that well fisically while David says she has never been so well in her head !

saby
Aug 9th, 2005, 02:27 PM
I donwload the first set of the final and Pam Shriver was commenting the match, she said very good things about Mary's game.
She also said that if Mary didn't have all this problems with her dad and injuries (up and down career) she surely will has almost the same career than Steffi Graf !! what a compliment :worship:

MaryPierceFan
Aug 9th, 2005, 03:57 PM
In L'Equipe, today, there is an article about Mary's victory and Mary tells them she will play at LA then at Toronto !

Thanks for posting it! I hope Mary will play Toronto. It's a great event.

Btw, when did Mary say that to the newspaper, after San Diego?

saby
Aug 9th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Thanks for posting it! I hope Mary will play Toronto. It's a great event.

Btw, when did Mary say that to the newspaper, after San Diego?

Before SD but she already said it after RG 2005

vanillalatte
Aug 9th, 2005, 06:21 PM
i don't think mary will play toronto because there was an article about mary in my newspaper and they did also say, that mary's gonna take two weeks off after L.A...

cakiteror
Aug 9th, 2005, 07:55 PM
ok!
if the girl needes rest who are we to argue,lool!
i hope she plays dementieva in L.A.

Declan
Aug 9th, 2005, 08:44 PM
It's also said that Mary told before San Diego first round she had three aims :

1) To be in the top 10 again
2) To be qualified for the Masters
3) To win another Grand Slam

She also says she's never felt that well fisically while David says she has never been so well in her head !

Thanks for this!! It's made my day! I didn't want to go to Toronto for the tennis NOT to see Mary - it would be tragic-no other word for it!!! I can't believe she'd willingly miss one of her favourite events -and if she's as fit as indicated there's surely no reason to miss it....

cakiteror
Aug 9th, 2005, 08:57 PM
declan,relax-mary may play,or she may not!
we dont know that yet,but if she doesnt play,go to toronto to see girls whose buts mary kicked,or buts who she is gonna kick,looooooool

Declan
Aug 9th, 2005, 11:01 PM
declan,relax-mary may play,or she may not!
we dont know that yet,but if she doesnt play,go to toronto to see girls whose buts mary kicked,or buts who she is gonna kick,looooooool

I know, but come on -me going over to Toronto is a bit further than the 15 miles to Wimbledon, or the 40 miles to Eastbourne -by a few thousand miles!! Actually, it's happened before: I bought the tickets and booked the flights/hotel in 2001 before the extent of Mary's injuries that year became really apparent, and although I still saw some great players and tennis, NOTHING even comes close to seeing Mary live!!

I remain hopeful....

Mark Spruce
Aug 9th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Hello Saby,

Thanks so much for that.

It is great that Mary is finally get her coverage and stuff. Shame it was not sooner.

But I suppose better late than never

Mark

I donwload the first set of the final and Pam Shriver was commenting the match, she said very good things about Mary's game.
She also said that if Mary didn't have all this problems with her dad and injuries (up and down career) she surely will has almost the same career than Steffi Graf !! what a compliment :worship:

Lu_Weird
Aug 10th, 2005, 04:00 AM
For fans in Toronto..it is good to see Mary play there... for me I just hope Mary could well rest and well prepare the US OPEN..we know she is fittest and good chance to win.

MissTennisFan
Aug 10th, 2005, 07:49 AM
According to L'Equipe, Mary is planning to play both LA and Toronto and then take a break before the US Open. I hope she doesn't have a change of plans.

saby
Aug 10th, 2005, 11:40 AM
There is an articvle about Mary's victory on the wta tour site

http://www.wtatour.com/newsroom/stories/NewsArticle_7735_rx.asp

mamno_MARYFAN
Aug 10th, 2005, 11:58 AM
This is quite interesting...I always thought Toronto was Mary's favourite tourney...

Oh well..the main thing is for Mary to get her schedule right...hopefully it'll shift her momentum the right way heading for the US Open...

Mary's just playing so wonderfully right now, I just hope that nothing will come into Mary's way now...no injuries...nothing that can dirupt Mary's frame of mind...

So...hopefully Mary can play Elena D this week and really claim her scalp over a top tenner...yes!!!:bounce:

Mary's 1st Fan
Aug 10th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Mary will play in Toronto. She has never said that she won't play there. And it was her words in the newspaper "L'equipe". Of course, in case of injury she won't play but she has never said that she wants to preserve herself from tiredness!!!!! She feels fit enough to play 3 tournaments in a row. I think it's good for her ranking!!!
Go Mary

MaryPierceFan
Aug 10th, 2005, 12:24 PM
I reall hope she will play there because it's a great tournament and one of her favourites. I guess that if she had wanted to withdraw and had said that in San Diego everyone would have known it already. Is she said it in San Diego it would be official everywhere now. It would be great to see Mary's good runs in LA and Toronto and maybe she'll be seeded in top 8 at the US Open.

saby
Aug 10th, 2005, 02:38 PM
http://www.usopenseries.com/news/fullstory.sps?inewsid=215541

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 30th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Article : Faut-il croire en Mauresmo ?

Au lendemain d'une finale à New Haven, Amélie Mauresmo, actuelle numéro 3 mondiale et tête de série n°3 est considérée comme une des favorite de l'US Open. Présente en quart de finale en 2001, 2003 et 2004, demi-finaliste en 2002, la Française se plaît sur dur et apprécie le tournoi new-yorkais. Pour autant, à 26 ans, la protégée de Loïc Courteau n'a encore jamais réussi à exprimer pleinement son potentiel dans un tournoi du Grand Chelem au contraire d'une Mary Pierce, moins régulière mais capable des plus grands exploits dans les événements majeurs...

A New Haven, Mauresmo a buté en finale sur Davenport...L'histoire d'Amélie Mauresmo et des tournois du Grand Chelem n'est pas simple. Il y a bien sûr son complexe avec Roland-Garros, qui se vérifie hélas d'année en année et sur lequel tout a déjà été dit. Mais dans les trois autres levées, malgré d'excellents résultats et une remarquable régularité depuis cette finale à l'Open d'Australie en 1999 qui l'avait révélée au plus haut niveau, Mauresmo cale au moment où il lui faudrait passer la surmultipliée. Ce qui en fait l'archétype du sportif français décrit par Ladji Doucouré, il y a quelques semaines. Ce champion tricolore qui mérite de gagner, qui est au niveau... mais qui perd !

Si elle a maintes fois prouvé qu'elle était capable de battre n'importe quelle joueuse au monde, Amélie Mauresmo n'a néanmoins jamais été pu signer la série de performances nécessaire pour aller au bout d'un tournoi du Grand Chelem. A l'exception des rares accidents qui l'ont vu parfois s'incliner à la surprise générale contre une joueuse nettement à sa portée, essentiellement à Roland-Garros, la Française tient en général son rang. Mais sans plus si l'on peut dire. Il lui est certes arrivé d'enchaîner de magnifiques performances comme à l'US Open en 2002 où elle avait battu successivement Kim Clijsters et Jennifer Capriati mais l'aventure s'était arrêtée en demi-finale face à Venus Williams.

Pierce mieux armée en Grand Chelem?

Ainsi, depuis sa finale inaugurale à Melbourne en 1999, la Française collectionne les quarts de finale (8) et les demi-finales (4) en Grand Chelem mais elle n'est jamais allée plus loin et court toujours après une première victoire. Frustrant et inquiétant pour une joueuse au mental friable et qui pourrait nourrir un complexe face à ces échecs répétés. A Flushing Meadows, Mauresmo débarque précédée de sa réputation, celle d'une joueuse solide, régulière, comme en atteste sa place de numéro 3 mondiale, mais qui n'est pas considérée comme une tueuse parmi ses pairs du top 10. Cette saison, si elle a battu Venus Williams en finale à Anvers, elle est tombée en quart de finale à l'Open d'Australie face à Serena Williams, en demi à Wimbledon contre Lindsay Davenport et a été battue Clijsters, Henin-Hardenne ou encore Davenport, pas plus tard que samedi, en finale, à New Haven...

Dès lors, face à ce constat cruel, peut-on accorder à la numéro 1 française le statut d'une postulante à la victoire finale à New York ? Pas sûr. Ce statut, Mary Pierce, qui n'est certes que 12e mondiale, pourrait le revendiquer avec plus de crédibilité. Deux fois victorieuse en Grand Chelem (Australie 1995 et Roland-Garros 2000), Pierce est revenue à son meilleur niveau il y a quelques mois, retrouvant cet été le chemin de la victoire à San Diego, forte d'une finale à Roland-Garros et d'un quart à Wimbledon. Une Mary Pierce qui après une longue période de doutes, semble ne plus se poser de questions et entend finir sa carrière en beauté avec pour objectif un nouveau titre en Grand Chelem. C'est ainsi, en pleine confiance, qu'elle aborde la levée américaine, sûre de ses qualités et sans complexe, au point, peut-être, d'inquiéter les vraies favorites du tournoi, Kim Clijsters ou Lindsay Davenport...

cakiteror
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:20 AM
please translation!
anyone!

ClaudiaZ-S
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Article : Faut-il croire en Mauresmo ?

Au lendemain d'une finale à New Haven, Amélie Mauresmo, actuelle numéro 3 mondiale et tête de série n°3 est considérée comme une des favorite de l'US Open. Présente en quart de finale en 2001, 2003 et 2004, demi-finaliste en 2002, la Française se plaît sur dur et apprécie le tournoi new-yorkais. Pour autant, à 26 ans, la protégée de Loïc Courteau n'a encore jamais réussi à exprimer pleinement son potentiel dans un tournoi du Grand Chelem au contraire d'une Mary Pierce, moins régulière mais capable des plus grands exploits dans les événements majeurs...

A New Haven, Mauresmo a buté en finale sur Davenport...L'histoire d'Amélie Mauresmo et des tournois du Grand Chelem n'est pas simple. Il y a bien sûr son complexe avec Roland-Garros, qui se vérifie hélas d'année en année et sur lequel tout a déjà été dit. Mais dans les trois autres levées, malgré d'excellents résultats et une remarquable régularité depuis cette finale à l'Open d'Australie en 1999 qui l'avait révélée au plus haut niveau, Mauresmo cale au moment où il lui faudrait passer la surmultipliée. Ce qui en fait l'archétype du sportif français décrit par Ladji Doucouré, il y a quelques semaines. Ce champion tricolore qui mérite de gagner, qui est au niveau... mais qui perd !

Si elle a maintes fois prouvé qu'elle était capable de battre n'importe quelle joueuse au monde, Amélie Mauresmo n'a néanmoins jamais été pu signer la série de performances nécessaire pour aller au bout d'un tournoi du Grand Chelem. A l'exception des rares accidents qui l'ont vu parfois s'incliner à la surprise générale contre une joueuse nettement à sa portée, essentiellement à Roland-Garros, la Française tient en général son rang. Mais sans plus si l'on peut dire. Il lui est certes arrivé d'enchaîner de magnifiques performances comme à l'US Open en 2002 où elle avait battu successivement Kim Clijsters et Jennifer Capriati mais l'aventure s'était arrêtée en demi-finale face à Venus Williams.

Pierce mieux armée en Grand Chelem?

Ainsi, depuis sa finale inaugurale à Melbourne en 1999, la Française collectionne les quarts de finale (8) et les demi-finales (4) en Grand Chelem mais elle n'est jamais allée plus loin et court toujours après une première victoire. Frustrant et inquiétant pour une joueuse au mental friable et qui pourrait nourrir un complexe face à ces échecs répétés. A Flushing Meadows, Mauresmo débarque précédée de sa réputation, celle d'une joueuse solide, régulière, comme en atteste sa place de numéro 3 mondiale, mais qui n'est pas considérée comme une tueuse parmi ses pairs du top 10. Cette saison, si elle a battu Venus Williams en finale à Anvers, elle est tombée en quart de finale à l'Open d'Australie face à Serena Williams, en demi à Wimbledon contre Lindsay Davenport et a été battue Clijsters, Henin-Hardenne ou encore Davenport, pas plus tard que samedi, en finale, à New Haven...

Dès lors, face à ce constat cruel, peut-on accorder à la numéro 1 française le statut d'une postulante à la victoire finale à New York ? Pas sûr. Ce statut, Mary Pierce, qui n'est certes que 12e mondiale, pourrait le revendiquer avec plus de crédibilité. Deux fois victorieuse en Grand Chelem (Australie 1995 et Roland-Garros 2000), Pierce est revenue à son meilleur niveau il y a quelques mois, retrouvant cet été le chemin de la victoire à San Diego, forte d'une finale à Roland-Garros et d'un quart à Wimbledon. Une Mary Pierce qui après une longue période de doutes, semble ne plus se poser de questions et entend finir sa carrière en beauté avec pour objectif un nouveau titre en Grand Chelem. C'est ainsi, en pleine confiance, qu'elle aborde la levée américaine, sûre de ses qualités et sans complexe, au point, peut-être, d'inquiéter les vraies favorites du tournoi, Kim Clijsters ou Lindsay Davenport...

Great article :yeah:

Mark Spruce
Aug 30th, 2005, 11:12 AM
yes please translation. That is if a kind French Speaking Mary fan would not mind

take care

Mark

flea
Aug 30th, 2005, 01:18 PM
a vidéo link of Mary (about US Open) : ***sorry, in French***

http://eurosport.tf1.fr/home/pages/v4/l3/s57/playermultimedia_lng3_rub9_spo57_ven21464.shtml

vanillalatte
Aug 30th, 2005, 02:18 PM

http://eurosport.tf1.fr/home/pages/v4/l3/s57/playermultimedia_lng3_rub9_spo57_ven21464.shtml

thanks a lot for that!
but the quality is so bad. :rolleyes:

Mark Spruce
Aug 30th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Thanks for that.

I am downloading it right now. But it is like 14mb in size. So it will be a little while.

I will put it up on my site when I have some spare time.

Mark

flea
Aug 30th, 2005, 05:36 PM
you're welcome Marie91/Mark.... :drool:

Mark Spruce
Aug 30th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Hello Marie91,

I have the file up on my site and the quality is much better. But it is a big download of about 15mb in size

Just go to my main page and there is a link to the US Open 2005 section and then you will see another link to US Open video's

regards

Mark

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 30th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Great interview !

Hope she will show her best tennis !

Who made the interview ? :confused:

saby
Aug 30th, 2005, 09:58 PM
yes please translation. That is if a kind French Speaking Mary fan would not mind

take care

Mark

I like this article :worship:

it mainly says that, Mauresmo should be, our best chances for the USO because she is ranked number 3, but she is not , Mary is.

Mary deserve it because she has a stronger mind (already won 2 times) and she is armed to fight against Kim and Lindasy...

Mark Spruce
Aug 30th, 2005, 10:42 PM
I just hate it so much that they write Mary off. But in one way it is best. As less pressure on Mary and more on Momo.

Yep Mary has won 2 GS and been in other finals

Mark