PDA

View Full Version : US Open Series Standings

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 8th, 2005, 09:20 AM
So i wanna absolutely open this topic because Mary is the number one and it's a great feeling to see Mary'name at the top of a ranking list :drool:

To earn points this week, Mary will have to go AT LEAST to quarters in LA !

Moreover, is she reaches quarters, and even is Kim wins LA, Mary will stay one week more to the number one place :bounce:

The winner of the US Open Series will receive double the prize money at the Us Open. The second will receive an additionnal 50% and the third one and additional 25%.
Those bonuses only concern the singles competition.

Rank Player Points
1 Mary Pierce 100
2 Kim Clijsters 75
3 Ai Sugiyama 70
4 Patty Schnyder 47
T-5 Akiko Morigami 45
T-5 Suai Peng 45
7 Venus Williams 35
T-8 Nathalie Dechy 27
T-8 Jelena Jankovic 27
T-10 Anna Chakvetadze 25
T-10 Sesil Karatantcheva 25
12 Anna-Lena Groenefeld 22
T-13 Francesca Schiavone 15
T-13 Elena Likhovtseva 15
T-13 Sania Mirza 15
T-13 Mashona Washington 15
T-13 Svetlana Kuznetsova 15
T-18 Daniela Hantuchova 12
T-18 Iveta Benesova 12

Good luck Mary :bounce:

MaryPierceFan
Aug 8th, 2005, 09:59 AM
It's so cool. But for example the 2nd and 3rd will receive 50% more only if they win the whole thing or even if they lose for example in the QF or SF?

ashwu
Aug 8th, 2005, 12:45 PM
No. 6 Seed Mary Pierce of France, aka "The Veteran"

that's her nickname? they are unbelievable :o :tape:

Lu_Weird
Aug 8th, 2005, 01:29 PM
COOL.... but I just felt that ..I mean I almost think Mary already the 05 usopen champion..LOL... I know I don't have right to forecast.but it is really deep inside me that Mary could win U.S. this time... it maybe sound not authtentic..maybe just I really want to Mary win...But we all know Mary have the power to prove!!!

and if Mary win..wow..double prize...2million dollars? Yummy!!!

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 8th, 2005, 02:05 PM
It's so cool. But for example the 2nd and 3rd will receive 50% more only if they win the whole thing or even if they lose for example in the QF or SF?

I have no idea, the site only gives exemple for a player losing into quarters, semis or final ... or winning the title, but it's not written that the players need to go AT LEAST to quarter to receive more so i don't know ... :confused:
if u find smthing about that ... tell me please

MaryPierceFan
Aug 8th, 2005, 03:34 PM
No, no. I mean if for example the player who is 2nd in the US Open series standings will reach 2,3,4th or higher round(but nowt win) will receive 50% more money?

Btw, where did You see it? Please, could You post a link of the site here?

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 8th, 2005, 06:16 PM
No, no. I mean if for example the player who is 2nd in the US Open series standings will reach 2,3,4th or higher round(but nowt win) will receive 50% more money?

Btw, where did You see it? Please, could You post a link of the site here?

the rules are there :
http://dps.usta.com/usta_master/usta/doc/content/doc_380_9.pdf?7/18/2005%208:35:36%20PM