PDA

View Full Version : Anna in Forest Hills

Shonami Slam
Aug 8th, 2005, 12:00 AM
This year Smashnova will be participating in the bizarre yet amusing tourny in Forest Hills USA as her only tune-up towards the USopen coming up soon.
It's a Unique tourny with a 16 women draw with no qualification and no doubles.
best of luck to her!

Makkabi
Aug 8th, 2005, 05:23 AM
Goodluck Smashnova!

Makkabi
Aug 8th, 2005, 05:24 AM
^ Will Shahar Peer participanting in the tourny in Forest Hills as well???

Shonami Slam
Aug 20th, 2005, 10:04 AM
smashnova will be the 4th seed, looking forward to see what she can do in her first hardcourt tourny since...MIAMI!! :eek:

Mitzi
Aug 20th, 2005, 08:51 PM
^ Will Shahar Peer participanting in the tourny in Forest Hills as well???

Does anyone here know the answer to that? :confused:

Meteor Shower
Aug 21st, 2005, 10:22 AM
Does anyone here know the answer to that? :confused:

Yes shahar will play (check her 2005 thread) :wavey:

:topic: its really great to see newcomers here, but where did all the veterans go? Oren,Jordan,Kutuzova,Yoav(well i know where he is)? only Aaron stayed.
too bad they left, the forum could be really great with them.

Shonami Slam
Aug 21st, 2005, 10:35 AM
Yes shahar will play (check her 2005 thread) :wavey:

:topic: its really great to see newcomers here, but where did all the veterans go? Oren,Jordan,Kutuzova,Yoav(well i know where he is)? only Aaron stayed.
too bad they left, the forum could be really great with them.

I'm joining the army in a month or so, but I don't count ;)
I think there's a status Quo regarding Peer at the moment, smashnova is generally declining (plus - the Israeli media practically HATES her) and Obziler couldn't build on the 2004 season and get into the top100. all together it creates a feeling that there isn't anything to cheer on or look forward to - personally i think it's the best time ever in Israeli women's tennis, but Israelis tend to like STARS, not PLAYERS. just look at the way they prefered bronze medalist Arik Ze'evi with his charm and smiles over the much more profetional and humble approuch of Gal Freedman.
as for the Israelis in wtaworld - I always have a feeling you guys like Shahar more, and if Shahar can't suply goods on regular basis - there isn't intrest, and people don't bother to even log in.
another reason to blame is PAW. 5 players in Forest Hills tourny... :p

and to be honest - this isn't a quality forum in a way that we don't have Vids and Photos of our players, we don't have polls and discussions and we don't promote ourselves.
A hot player would help as well...:devil:

Meteor Shower
Aug 21st, 2005, 11:20 AM
you are a newcomer ;)

I tried to open some discussion and pictures and stuff, but not many people cooperated.
You are right about the stars, but its not only in Israel. if you had a nice and lively personality like Arik's and Quiet and introverted personality like Gal's more people will like Arik, and its understandable. Personally i like Gal more.

I don't know what about the others but I don't like Shahar more than Anna. Based on my reactions after their wins I think I like them the same, obviously I would be much happier when Shahar will get her first top20 win than when Anna will get another top20 win, but if you look at my reactions when anna had her first top20 win it will be pretty much the same ( :woohoo: :bounce: :D :woohoo: ) .
From Anna i know what to expect but from Shahar i don't have many expectations and she surprises me every time.

P.S we got some hot girls in the juniors :drool:
and bring some PAW players to here :)

Mitzi
Aug 21st, 2005, 02:39 PM
waiting for the draw to come out... :zzz:

Shonami Slam
Aug 21st, 2005, 06:40 PM
you are a newcomer ;)

never claimed to be something else :p

Mitzi
Aug 21st, 2005, 07:38 PM
never claimed to be something else :p

I joined 2 1/2 years before you, and you have 1300 more posts than me! :eek:

Shonami Slam
Aug 21st, 2005, 08:44 PM
I joined 2 1/2 years before you, and you have 1300 more posts than me! :eek:

I post in GM, challengers, livescores, cheering threads, player threads, PAW and even non-tennis.
bored teenager, what would you expect? :lol:
I don't mind posting unimportant stuff like this post i.e, so it vaulted up pretty fast.
but the place i like best in wtaworld is BFTP. those guys are true wizards of tennis.

Makkabi
Aug 22nd, 2005, 06:55 AM
:)

Mitzi
Aug 22nd, 2005, 02:36 PM
I post in GM, challengers, livescores, cheering threads, player threads, PAW and even non-tennis.
bored teenager, what would you expect? :lol:
I don't mind posting unimportant stuff like this post i.e, so it vaulted up pretty fast.
but the place i like best in wtaworld is BFTP. those guys are true wizards of tennis.

LOL When I joined here I was a bored teenager too :lol: Now I'm 21. I think the reason I don't have many posts is because I haven't posted here for almost 2 years (army sucks...).

BTW What's BFTP? :confused:

Mitzi
Aug 22nd, 2005, 02:37 PM

:p

Meteor Shower
Aug 22nd, 2005, 06:12 PM
BFTP is Blast from the Past forum i guess (been there once, posts WAY too long :p )

Shonami Slam
Aug 22nd, 2005, 06:29 PM
BFTP is Blast from the Past forum i guess (been there once, posts WAY too long :p )

yeah, it's blast from the past all right.
Hard-core tennis fans.
most of them are older, but i really like them.
The posts are long, but informative and intresting and not just opinionated and hyped like you get about the top players today.
they know a whole lot about evrything there is in tennis, it seems.

Mitzi
Aug 22nd, 2005, 07:10 PM
yeah, it's blast from the past all right.
Hard-core tennis fans.
most of them are older, but i really like them.
The posts are long, but informative and intresting and not just opinionated and hyped like you get about the top players today.
they know a whole lot about evrything there is in tennis, it seems.

Thank's guys! :D I've actually been there a lot, but not recently (I'm a steffi fan) since every time I go there, most of the threads contain arguments of which player is better...

Shonami Slam
Aug 22nd, 2005, 11:50 PM
smashnova is second seed eventually and plays promising safarova in her first round.
it should be tough, but it should be won IMO.

Mitzi
Aug 23rd, 2005, 09:40 AM
The draw:

(1) Akiko Morigami vs. (WC)Alexa Glatch
Mariana Diaz-Oliva vs. Martina Sucha
(3)Sania Mirza vs. Shahar Peer
Michela Pastikova vs. Roberta Vinci
Kristina Brandi vs. Iveta Benesova
Zuzana Ondraskova vs. (4)Dally Randriantefy
Sanda Mamic vs. Antonella Serra Zanetti
Lucie Safarova vs. (2)Anna Smashnova

It's such a small draw :lol:

Meteor Shower
Aug 23rd, 2005, 10:52 AM
Sania :hatoff:
Lucie :hehehe:

and its Shahar, not Sharar. Good luck girls :bounce:
should be a win IMO too

Mitzi
Aug 23rd, 2005, 10:55 AM
Sania :hatoff:
Lucie :hehehe:

and its Shahar, not Sharar. Good luck girls :bounce:
should be a win IMO too

Post edited :D
LOL I just did copy paste from the tournament's thread. :lol:

Meteor Shower
Aug 23rd, 2005, 11:05 AM

now when I think about it, we are very lucky.
this draw is a nightmare, true. but think what happen if it was Anna-Mirza and Shahar-Safarova. Wayyy more tough

King Aaron
Aug 23rd, 2005, 05:53 PM
:wavey:

Very tough draw for both girls. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though as Mirza is probably nursing an injury and Safarova might not be patient enough with Anna's game. Best of luck to both girls. :yeah:

Regarding the forum being rather dead, there aren't many Israeli girls on Tour for a start and even if there are, we can hardly get information about them. About the videos and pictures, it's hard to get any of it online. :shrug:

I do have a collection of Anna pictures though. ;)

Mitzi
Aug 23rd, 2005, 10:10 PM
:wavey:

Very tough draw for both girls. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though as Mirza is probably nursing an injury and Safarova might not be patient enough with Anna's game. Best of luck to both girls. :yeah:

Regarding the forum being rather dead, there aren't many Israeli girls on Tour for a start and even if there are, we can hardly get information about them. About the videos and pictures, it's hard to get any of it online. :shrug:

I do have a collection of Anna pictures though. ;)

Can you post an Anna picture here that I can use as an avater? Thanks in advance :D (I can hardly find photos of her)

Meteor Shower
Aug 24th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Arrr, this youngsters today
all they need to do is pound the ball, winner then good error? winner next time.

this is not tennis
and its so easy for them :mad:

Shonami Slam
Aug 24th, 2005, 05:34 PM
<sigh>
i hope you play something after the USopen smashnova.

King Aaron
Aug 24th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Anna :sad:, kind of expected really. Safarova is quite good and Anna is no good on hard courts. :( Just thought Anna might give her headaches but looks like Safarova was patient enough.

King Aaron
Aug 24th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Can you post an Anna picture here that I can use as an avater? Thanks in advance :D (I can hardly find photos of her)

I didn't resize this one, it's a pretty nice one I think because it's an upclose shot of Anna. :)

Mitzi
Aug 24th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Anna :sad:

Mitzi
Aug 24th, 2005, 10:17 PM
I didn't resize this one, it's a pretty nice one I think because it's an upclose shot of Anna. :)

Thanks, but I don't have photoshop or any other program that can resize the photo :sad: :o I hoped that you might have a smaller photo...

Makkabi
Aug 25th, 2005, 04:20 AM
Anna :(

King Aaron
Aug 25th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Thanks, but I don't have photoshop or any other program that can resize the photo :sad: :o I hoped that you might have a smaller photo...
Oh, I'll resize it for you then. Maybe crop it to just Anna's face if you want? :confused:

Mitzi
Aug 25th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Oh, I'll resize it for you then. Maybe crop it to just Anna's face if you want? :confused:

King Aaron
Aug 26th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Here you go, :) hope it's okay.

Mitzi
Aug 27th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Here you go, :) hope it's okay.

*Using picture as avater*

Thanks!!!!! :kiss: :hug:

Mitzi
Aug 27th, 2005, 11:25 AM
It works!!!!! Thanks!!!!! :kiss:

King Aaron