PDA

View Full Version : Mary won! 6-0, 6-3!

MissTennisFan
Aug 7th, 2005, 10:25 PM
17 titles, Mary!

Sorry guys I got a little carried away and thought Mary won so I posted the first message before the match actually ended... :wavey:

Anyway, so glad she won... and I know everyone else on this board is too! :bounce:

Go Mary! :bounce:

rsunderji
Aug 7th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Congrats Mary you deserve it so happy for you. That was a roller coaster of an ending

Rahim

Andy.
Aug 7th, 2005, 10:27 PM
WOOOO HOOOOO Im so Happy this is the best news Congratulations Mary

Frenchragazzo
Aug 7th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Champaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagne (not too much for Maam, she has a tournament next week lol)

I'm so happy, I mean isn't it great ???

All the harsh work that Mary did is awarded with a victory in an important tournament !!

BRAVO MARY !!!

saby
Aug 7th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Mary played an unbelieveble first set, the second was "funny"
Did you see the 6th match ball:haha: , god how in the hell she did that:scratch: , I was like everybody out there :haha:!!! LOL

Very good match even if during 2 or 3 games Mary was not concentrate at 100% but she couldn't have the first set level during all the match, it was for sure impossible.
I'm very proud of Mary she deserved this win :bounce:

Tomorrow Mary will be ranked 11th

MissTennisFan
Aug 7th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Did you see the 6th match ball:haha:

I was thinking, oh no this just can't be happening! :eek:

Well anyway Mary did it, she closed it out and won her first title this year... I am so glad she didn't let the whole Dechy controversy distract her and that all of the hard work is finally paying off! :)

Declan
Aug 7th, 2005, 10:45 PM
I'm speechless!! As always I couldn't turn on the PC until I thought it might be over...WHAT A SCORE!!! 17th title, and definitely one of the sweetest!! I'm SO plaeased for Mary! (And also for all of us!!)

saby
Aug 7th, 2005, 10:58 PM
I am so glad she didn't let the whole Dechy controversy distract her and that all of the hard work is finally paying off! :)

Did I dream or dechy was with Mary-jo Fernandez with ESPN at one moment during the match, I thought it was her??!!

Guedero
Aug 7th, 2005, 11:03 PM
my mistake I had forgotten to remove mary's 35 points from last year. So she's eleventh indeed but with the little number of points she has to defend especially after the US Open, she can definitely make the Championships!

Guedero
Aug 7th, 2005, 11:04 PM
sorry guys I replied in the wrong thread

ali
Aug 7th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Wow, wow, wow!! Absolutely brilliant!! I had a slight wobble before the match and was worried that Mary might have one of her "off" days.

Silly me!

Just an amazing few months. She must be on top of the world right now, knowing that all her hard work has finally paid off. And if Dechy and the rest start getting annoyed with her now, we all know its just because she's finally back to her best.

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 7th, 2005, 11:26 PM
Did I dream or dechy was with Mary-jo Fernandez with ESPN at one moment during the match, I thought it was her??!!

I didn't notice Dechy but i will check tomorrow if u want, cause i've recorded this match !

I'm really pleased with such a win ! Avec la manière s'il vous plait ! On peut dire qu'elle a eu un tableau "facile", mais c'est surtout la façons plus que les adversaires qui impressionnent et créditent TOTALEMENT ce succès tier one de Mary !

Well, so glad for Mary, and i'm so SAD and a little bit furious that EUROSPORT didn't show the speech ! :fiery:

But i only want to remember her tennis !

Hey, no time to have rest :eek:

Mary will play (probably wednesday) in LA ! Sure it won't be easy to begin another tournament 3 days after a great victory ! It won't be easy to be as motivated as she was during the week ! She'll have to think "another tournament, i've to win match by match, even if i have to play a qualifier to go in 3rd round ..'

C'est vrai c jamais simple de se remotiver, apres une gde victoire, d'avoir envie de reprendre cette marche en avant dans un autre tournoi.
Mais bon, une qualifiée, c normalement tranquille pr Mary, qui devrait donc pouvoir prendre ses marques tranquillement dans ce tournoi. :lick:

Wizzy Maryfan
Aug 7th, 2005, 11:29 PM
I forgot to add that Mary will be the n°1 in the "Us Open Series rankings", before Kim Clijsters :bounce:

La gagnante de l'Us Open Serie verra ses gains de l'Us Open tout simplement DOUBLE !
La deuxieme de ce classement recevra 50% de ses gains en plus, et la troisième touchera 25% de plus que prévu :lick:

MissTennisFan
Aug 7th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Avec la manière s'il vous plait ! On peut dire qu'elle a eu un tableau "facile", mais c'est surtout la façons plus que les adversaires qui impressionnent et créditent TOTALEMENT ce succès tier one de Mary !

Bon de toute façon, vu la manière dont elle a joué au premier set, je pense qu'elle aurait largement battu n'importe qui, mais vraiment n'miporte qui... si elle a eu un tableau "facile", cela relève du hasard et à mon avis n'enlève effectivement rien à ce formidable succès!

Allez Mary! :bounce:

saby
Aug 7th, 2005, 11:32 PM
I forgot to add that Mary will be the n°1 in the "Us Open Series rankings", before Kim Clijsters :bounce:

La gagnante de l'Us Open Serie verra ses gains de l'Us Open tout simplement DOUBLE !
La deuxieme de ce classement recevra 50% de ses gains en plus, et la troisième touchera 25% de plus que prévu :lick:

le jackpot quoi !! tu crois qu'elles partagent avec les fans !! lol

CathyC!
Aug 7th, 2005, 11:36 PM
congrats Maryyyyyyyyy!!! :hug: you so deserve this!

please someone upload the match.. we dont have coverage here :crying2: .. thanks :bounce:

Lu_Weird
Aug 7th, 2005, 11:58 PM
Very happy to see Mary win..but I didn't watch the match here...I wish someone could get some video to download here..maybe Ash?? hehe I am looking forward to.. I very happy Mary win...every drawn get up to watch the score by computer...anyway Mary won...That's really fantanstic!!!

MPStylee
Aug 8th, 2005, 12:27 AM
This is so rad! I wasn't even thinking about the possibility of Mary winning a title, I've just been thinking about the Grand Slams! She will be so happy too 'cause of how she said that she loves the Acura Classic! What a legend!!! Rock On, Mary!

middy
Aug 8th, 2005, 12:41 AM
Very happy to see Mary win..but I didn't watch the match here...I wish someone could get some video to download here..maybe Ash?? hehe I am looking forward to.. I very happy Mary win...every drawn get up to watch the score by computer...anyway Mary won...That's really fantanstic!!!

Me too

Edman
Aug 8th, 2005, 01:07 AM
Mary, you are the best!!

Andy.
Aug 8th, 2005, 01:20 AM
I going to watch the match now Australian is getting so much better with womens Tennis.

pierce_fanatic
Aug 8th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Congratulations Mary ! You totally deserve it !

:worship: :dance: :worship: :dance:

ashwu
Aug 8th, 2005, 01:42 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
great win mary!

ashwu
Aug 8th, 2005, 02:11 AM
on gm there's a video link of the first set!

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=183250

middy
Aug 8th, 2005, 02:50 AM

Scotso
Aug 8th, 2005, 03:05 AM
That first set from Mary was the most impressive set of tennis I've ever seen. AMAZING.

Love ya, Mahree! :worship:

Congrats on your 17th title... and good luck on getting the 18th soon :D

DomenicDemaria
Aug 8th, 2005, 03:24 AM
OMG Well Done Mary!!! You really deserve it. Hopefully you can keep it up for the rest of the year!!!!!!!!!

cakiteror
Aug 8th, 2005, 03:40 AM
BRAAAAAAAAAAAVOOOOOOOOOO!
great win!
now it is LA!
guys i believe she is "hungry" for titles,hope i am not wrong,looooool

Andy.
Aug 8th, 2005, 04:07 AM
Mary was so awesome in that first set there was nothing Ai or anyone for that matter could have doneShe just needs to work on finishing those matches off but Ai was retreiving so well it must have been frustraiting.

mamno_MARYFAN
Aug 8th, 2005, 04:48 AM
Mary was amazing...yes...congrats Mary...well done!!!!!!!!!:worship:

I read from ESPN that Mary is the 16th player to exceed 16million USD in carreer earnings...wow...:angel:

Well...I'm so happy...I guess hard work really pays off then...yes!!!!!!!:D

Well done Mary!!!!!!!!:bounce:

atoutix
Aug 8th, 2005, 06:52 AM

Thanks a lot aschwu :wavey:

Mary was incredible ,perfect in the first set..great Job Mary :worship: ..
Congratulation for this title :bounce:

DO the same in L A :D

ALLLEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ maryyyyyyyy :hearts:

MaryPierceFan
Aug 8th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Great tournament! Mary is amazing! Go girl! You can do it!

MaryPierceFan
Aug 8th, 2005, 07:10 AM

Thanks!

But do You know if someone captured the ceremony after the match?

ashwu
Aug 8th, 2005, 07:17 AM
i don't think they showed it on tv?

i found some articles by Matthew Cronin, who wrote that espn piece.

on tennis reporters .com which wtaworld doesn't allow to link to...
so you guys do the search :p

quote something here:

Now there can be no real argument: She's a legitimate contender for the US Open crown.

"She should win it," her coach and brother David said. "She's playing fabulously."

apparently someone was not that impress with his article on espn
http://www.tennis-x.com/xboard/viewtopic.php?t=621

fight now :p

also

TOURNAMENT NOTES
David Pierce asked Tennis Reporters.net and The Los Angeles Times to turn off their tape recorders because he doesn't "like machines." … Mary Pierce won a new Acura RL and may give her Cadillac Escalade to her family.

ashwu
Aug 8th, 2005, 08:06 AM
and some other thing he wrote earlier

I also spoke to Mary Pierce for a while on Monday, who trained the past 10 days at the NBTA with her brother and coach, David, her notorious father, Jim, and of course, Nick Bollettierri. David is the man in charge; Nick comes in for small sessions and according to Mary."My dad just comes out to gets some fresh air and hang out. He doesn't say much."

How things change when you have some perspective on the overall landscape.

JMC
Aug 8th, 2005, 08:16 AM
:worship: ;) :worship: I can't find the words, today me too i feel like an eagle :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mary :hearts: CONGRATULATIONS :wavey: it's simply Amazing wining such a tournament like this one and only a begining isn't it ?!!!!!!You played amazing and you would have won against anybody when you play like that :eek:

And now they say you are one of the favorites for next USOP, and now they forget all the non sens sometimes some of them they could have said about you.....Will they remember in this land of France that you are still the Number ? You always have been in fact, because so much talent and so much voluntee is something very rare and added with your soul so pure it makes an adorable and admirable player.Well you know THE ONE ! ..... :lol:

Mary thank you so much for such talent such happiness you give us and thank you to be yourself, to stay as you are, you know more of a super champion you are really a beautiful person i mean inside, everybody who is honnest can see it (outside it's easy for you ! you are so smart and sexy lol !) ; don't change and just listen to your interior voice.You never deceive me and i am so proud to be one of your fan. :)

A Queen for ever......... :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

I am sooooo proud sooooo happy, with people like you life is never boring :eek:

Piotrek
Aug 8th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Great win for Mary. She is ranked 11th !!! :bounce:

CONGRATULATIONS MARY !!! YOU ARE THE BEST !!!

:worship: MARY :worship:

Oermi
Aug 8th, 2005, 03:07 PM
:worship: ;) :worship: I can't find the words, today me too i feel like an eagle :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mary :hearts: CONGRATULATIONS :wavey: it's simply Amazing wining such a tournament like this one and only a begining isn't it ?!!!!!!You played amazing and you would have won against anybody when you play like that :eek:

And now they say you are one of the favorites for next USOP, and now they forget all the non sens sometimes some of them they could have said about you.....Will they remember in this land of France that you are still the Number ? You always have been in fact, because so much talent and so much voluntee is something very rare and added with your soul so pure it makes an adorable and admirable player.Well you know THE ONE ! ..... :lol:

Mary thank you so much for such talent such happiness you give us and thank you to be yourself, to stay as you are, you know more of a super champion you are really a beautiful person i mean inside, everybody who is honnest can see it (outside it's easy for you ! you are so smart and sexy lol !) ; don't change and just listen to your interior voice.You never deceive me and i am so proud to be one of your fan. :)

A Queen for ever......... :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

I am sooooo proud sooooo happy, with people like you life is never boring :eek:

well said :D :D :D

Oermi
Aug 8th, 2005, 03:13 PM
that's icredible, mary! i'm so proud of you..
sorry, do not really know what to say.. speechless :D
i'm really angry with eurosport, that they didn't show Mary's speech :(
whatever .. she looks so happy! :
http://www.acuraclassic.com/images/Home/IMG_3715.JPG

allez, Mary!
Lieb dich

Mark Spruce
Aug 9th, 2005, 03:13 PM
I am so happy that Mary won and I found it out with just 2 minutes left to board my plane from Chile to Madrid. I did find an Internet cafe.

Mary so proud of you babe. well done and have a godo rest

Mark

ashwu
Aug 10th, 2005, 04:06 PM
since yousendit has a bandwidth limit~
i just uploaded it to a chinese tennis site, http://www.tennis.com.cn (http://www.tennis.com.cn/)
you need a ftp client

FTP Address:211.152.9.110
Port:2005

name: tennis-down
password: lowspeed

/WTA matches/WTA San Diego (Acura Classic)/2005 Final Mary Pierce vs Ai Sugiyama.avi by MP/

hope they don't mind i gave the address here :P

if you guys have some matches could share, please upload them :bounce:
note: creat the folders by their rules pls.

upload use this name and password:

FTP Address: 211.152.9.110
Port: 2005

upload user name: tennis-up
password: upload

upload more so this great ftp site could exist :)

ashwu
Aug 10th, 2005, 04:38 PM
and you may just wanna download this one :p

http://rapidshare.de/files/3845778/2005-8-8_whiff.rmvb.html

MaryPierceFan
Aug 10th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Thanks! Great tournament! Great matches! Are the videos with the ceremony?

ashwu
Aug 10th, 2005, 04:54 PM
no, it's the same one Knizzle shared on gm :)

Mark Spruce
Aug 10th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Thanks so much Ash

Mark

ashwu
Aug 10th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Thanks so much Ash

Mark

you could download the 4mb one with your dial-up :lol: :p

saby
Aug 11th, 2005, 11:59 AM
http://www.fft.fr/filinfos/default.asp?ID=748