PDA

View Full Version : Mary Vs Ai

cakiteror
Aug 7th, 2005, 11:58 AM
i dont know guys,i dont like MARYs and AIs H2H!
i still cant forget MARYs loss in SAN DIEGO in 1999!
AI was a LL and she beat MARY! :fiery:
i hope MARY will today be at her best and WIN!
she realy deserves this title,all the work and progress she made need a reward,and a first TIER 1 on hard courts should be nice!!!! :worship:

Lu_Weird
Aug 7th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Yes..Mary really deserve the title....She lost to Ai before.. But this time.. Mary must beat her....Go Maryyyyyyyyyyy....You are the BEST!!!!!!!

CathyC!
Aug 7th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Good luck Maryyyyyy you can do it!! :hug:

Mark Spruce
Aug 7th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Good luck Mary

You are the best of the best

Wishing you all of the best. I am sad that I am travelling today and won't be able ot follow the match. But I will be thinkinf of you in the final !!!!!!!!

Have fun out there

Mark

pierce_fanatic
Aug 7th, 2005, 01:59 PM
i dont know guys,i dont like MARYs and AIs H2H!
i still cant forget MARYs loss in SAN DIEGO in 1999!
AI was a LL and she beat MARY! :fiery:
i hope MARY will today be at her best and WIN!
she realy deserves this title,all the work and progress she made need a reward,and a first TIER 1 on hard courts should be nice!!!! :worship:
i dont like their H2H's either, i remember when she lost to Ai at the Australian Open one year and i was so upset.

Good Luck Mary, I know you can do this ! Enjoy the Moment ! :worship:

Declan
Aug 7th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Do you know, I've never liked Sugiyama much, and I admit it's because of the problems she's caused Mary over the years. I've never been able to undestand why she's beaten Mary so much, but has such a very poor record against all the other Big Babes. (Thankfully with Mary's vagueness about her head-to-heads against any given player her 4-6 H2H against Ai shouldn't be a factor tonight!!)
When Ai beat Mary at San Diego in 1999 it was Mary's first match since Wimbledon whereas Sugiyama had 'warmed up' playing 2 or 3 qualifying matches, so that one wasn't such an upset -and it was three sets anyway.
I'm heartened by the fact that in their topsy-turvy 10-match rivalry, neither player has ever won three consecutive matches against the other, and as Sugiyama won the last two, it's Mary's turn!

Andy.
Aug 7th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Mary should win this title she has been the better player this year and Ai has been slumping untill now. Mary just has to be sharp and focused and in the zone. She wont want to lose this. It is her title to win. Good luck Mary

Oermi
Aug 7th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Bonne Chance, Mary ;)
I'm so glad to see you in the final!
so, please, take the title and have fun!
you definitely deserve it!
ALLEZ MARY! :hearts:

rsunderji
Aug 7th, 2005, 04:50 PM
yes this is mary's title to win. I think her experience and her will power will get her through. Regardless I'm happy with what she has done here but lets make it one more win! can't wait to see it today.

Rahim

saby
Aug 7th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Mary is at her top form right now, and Ai did play a good tennis from the beginning of the Acurra, who will have the advantage, on the paper it's Mary, the H2H it's Ai...

Hard to predict but I will trust Mary, I saw her match against Shuai and she was so offensive, she grunted all the match and like Forget said when Mary is grunting you better watch out... she wants the victory and she will do anything to have it ...

I think Mary can handle Ai, but Ai it's the kind of players who knows how to play Mary, just take a look to the stats http://www.wtatour.com/players/playerprofiles/PlayerHeadToHeadDetail.asp?PlayerID=160142&Player1ID=190353

what do you think about this?

saby
Aug 7th, 2005, 04:57 PM
I just noticed that both players have 30 years old !!! old ladies are on court...:lol:

Mark Spruce
Aug 7th, 2005, 05:58 PM
I think that Mary will be up for this so much.

Not old Ladies Saby (just getting older) if you know what I mean LOL

This might be my last post until about Tuesday. Geezz I am going to be killing my self on the plane wanting to know the result and how mary is doing.

mark

Frenchragazzo
Aug 7th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Come on Mary, win this title, we all trust in you !!

Allez Mary !! :) :)

CathyC!
Aug 7th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Come on Mary, win this title, we all trust in you !!

Allez Mary !! :) :)

.... and she did! :bounce: woohoo im so happy Maryyyyyyyyyyy :hug: